messages of support for the Footballers

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Truth as i see it
All Star

messages of support for the Footballers

Post by Truth as i see it »

I was thinking about what Pat Flanagan said the other day about getting more support behind the players, not everyone is in a position to make the games but still tunes in to radio 3 to listen to the matches so with that being said if Lone Shark as the site mod has no objections i've decided to set up this thread for people who can't make the game (and for people who can) but will still be listening in to send on their good luck messages to the players which i will send on to the Offaly PRO to send to the footballers before the game. the deadline to get them in is Friday evening/early Saturday morning

I think its time we used this site for something positive for a change and to really show what being a faithful supporter is all about.

Let the lads know we're behind them all the way and to keep showing that old Offaly fight like they did last weekend in Longford

Hon the Faithful

Anfearban
Junior A

Re: messages of support for the Footballers

Post by Anfearban »

+1. To Pat and the panel. Keep it going lads. Finishing line in sight...one last shove! You will give the county a huge lift.

azoffaly
All Star

Post by azoffaly »

Good idea. Despite the frustrations with where we currently are, I know no one is working harder than Pat and the lads to get back up into the higher echelons of the league, and I know everyone in Offaly wants them to do well. Best of luck to them all at the weekend, I know they'll do their absolute best, and I know they are good enough to get the result we need. Uibh Fhaili Abú
Shane Gavin. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

Best wishes to Offaly footballers on Sunday v Antrim. I hope Pat Flanagan and the players get the right result on Sunday, after the disappointment last Sunday. Offaly football is heading in the right direction.

NewEra
County player

Post by NewEra »

Lads, I will be travelling this weeked to OCP in full support of your efforts. One more game. I wish you all, players and management the very best of luck. I was behind you every step of the way in Longford and on a day that so many things went against us, Offaly tried up until the final whistle. Give it everything and we can look forward to Division 3 football, a Div 4 final in Croke Park and another crack at Longford.

The 3rd best defensive record in the National League. Keep up the great work lads. It is appreciated.

Killeighman
All Star

Post by Killeighman »

The very best of luck to Pat and the panel. The team gave a mighty effort last week despite of what happened. There is no better team to go ahead and finish it and give us another crack at Longford in Croker. The whole county is behide ye to make the step up to the division 3 status. Most of all go out and enjoy the day and the rest will happen. UibhFhailiAbu

Phoenix
All Star

Post by Phoenix »

This team has everybody in the county behind them! Best wishes on Sunday - Division 3 football would be a reward for all the hard work put in matches and training!

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

To Pat and them useless shower of ... Just joking , I was delighted when Pat got the job in the first place and he has done great work with the lads , as a unit management and the team are united and credit has to go to all involved . Another big effort Sunday and we will get our just rewards . Good luck to all !!

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

To Joey and the Offaly footballers.

At the start of the league campaign you would have targeted being in a position to challenge for promotion going into the last round. That promotion is in your own hands and you are not looking out for results elsewhere is a bonus

You have put yourselves into that position now, having met several challenges head-on. From playing on a ploughed field in Ruislip, to going behind to two early goals against Wicklow, to having had to come from behind late in the game against Carlow, to the carry-on in Longford.

Sunday will likely be another test along the journey that is inter-county football.

Good luck, lads.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Hyper
All Star

Post by Hyper »

Best of luck to all concerned on Sunday against Antrim. Give her socks lads....

Kevin
All Star

Post by Kevin »

Best wishes on the day to all involved.

Both teams will definitely be up for it so it should be a close game.

BUT we know you can do it.

COME ON OFFALY!!!!!

Will have Midlands Radio streaming in the hopefully good news.
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Besta luck to the lads on Sunday.
May the best team (Offaly) win!

offalycork
Junior B

Post by offalycork »

Best of luck to players and management this sunday, I will be there on Sunday to see offaly up to division 3 football next year

first_touch
All Star

Post by first_touch »

Best of luck to the lads on Sunday. You are more than capable of achieving promotion. I look forward to roaring you on to the final whistle!

Toxicity234
All Star

Post by Toxicity234 »

Best of luck to Lads and the Management team on Sunday.
No matter whatever happening Sunday Know that the whole county is proud of you and the effort you put in.
Now go give them hell on sunday and Division 3 will be a great reward for you.
I'm looking forward to been in the stand cheer you on.
“Common sense is not so common.”