Offaly v Waterford, NHL, Saturday 7th March 2015

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.

Re: Offaly v Waterford, NHL, Saturday 7th March 2015

Postby Kevin » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:41 pm

Toxicity234 wrote:hoping for a good match tomorrow.
We'll start the same team i think which is good for the players to be getting a run for game.

As for the Laois Antrim game. I be more interested in beating Waterford and keep our own faith in our own hand at the moment.
but if we do end up in the bottom 3 we should be look for a laois win. so Antrim have nothing to play for in the last game. ( just remember last year).


If we are only 2 points ahead of Antrim going into the last round we are not safe. Just saying.

In the meantime lets rip into Waterford!!!
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.
Kevin
All Star
 
Posts: 766
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:00 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Offaly v Waterford, NHL, Saturday 7th March 2015

Postby Toxicity234 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:54 pm

Kevin wrote:
Toxicity234 wrote:hoping for a good match tomorrow.
We'll start the same team i think which is good for the players to be getting a run for game.

As for the Laois Antrim game. I be more interested in beating Waterford and keep our own faith in our own hand at the moment.
but if we do end up in the bottom 3 we should be look for a laois win. so Antrim have nothing to play for in the last game. ( just remember last year).


If we are only 2 points ahead of Antrim going into the last round we are not safe. Just saying.

In the meantime lets rip into Waterford!!!

Good Point That why it so important to pick up at least one more point from somewhere and hopeful kill off the Antrim challenge before it starts.
“Common sense is not so common.”
Toxicity234
All Star
 
Posts: 798
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:26 pm

Re: Offaly v Waterford, NHL, Saturday 7th March 2015

Postby onthefence » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:59 pm

Best of luck to the lads tomorrow. Any word on a team? So far this year the team looks more settled with lads been left in positions for more than one match so that's a positive, also fitness levels are better than last year. Hopefully we see little improvements in the hurling and the shape and we are in with a shout with 10min to go and give supporters something to cheer on.
onthefence
Intermediate
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:25 am

Re: Offaly v Waterford, NHL, Saturday 7th March 2015

Postby Toxicity234 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:33 pm

Waterford (HL Division 1B v Offaly) - Stephen O’Keeffe;
Shane Fives, Barry Coughlan, Noel Connors;
Tadhg de Burca, Austin Gleeson, Philip Mahony;
Jamie Barron, Tom Devine;
Kevin Moran, Pauric Mahony, Jake Dillon;
Brian O'Halloran, Michael Walsh, Michael Kearney.
“Common sense is not so common.”
Toxicity234
All Star
 
Posts: 798
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:26 pm

Re: Offaly v Waterford, NHL, Saturday 7th March 2015

Postby allstar2010 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:42 pm

Toxicity234 wrote:Waterford (HL Division 1B v Offaly) - Stephen O’Keeffe;
Shane Fives, Barry Coughlan, Noel Connors;
Tadhg de Burca, Austin Gleeson, Philip Mahony;
Jamie Barron, Tom Devine;
Kevin Moran, Pauric Mahony, Jake Dillon;
Brian O'Halloran, Michael Walsh, Michael Kearney.


Think there's too much fire power in that forward line for our backs to contain.
allstar2010
All Star
 
Posts: 360
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Offaly v Waterford, NHL, Saturday 7th March 2015

Postby Chris » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:26 pm

Can someone please tell me why Offaly Senior Hurling management are, generally, the last to name their team before League and Championship games?
Chris
County player
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:04 pm

Re: Offaly v Waterford, NHL, Saturday 7th March 2015

Postby townman » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:37 pm

Looks like the wind will have a big part to play in todays game, like the wexford game.
User avatar
townman
All Star
 
Posts: 1710
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:41 pm

Re: Offaly v Waterford, NHL, Saturday 7th March 2015

Postby Sharp Eye » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:01 pm

Chris wrote:Can someone please tell me why Offaly Senior Hurling management are, generally, the last to name their team before League and Championship games?


The Offaly GAA Website Team are probably from the North Offaly area as it is clear they have little or no interest in promoting the Offaly Senior Hurling Team. I think the only reference they have made to today's home Alliance Hurling League Game is to include details of it between club Division 2 Football League and an Under 16 Club League game. Yet some people wonder why Offaly Hurlers have such little support.
Sharp Eye
All Star
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:22 pm

Re: Offaly v Waterford, NHL, Saturday 7th March 2015

Postby kingscounty » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:39 pm

Sharp Eye wrote:
Chris wrote:Can someone please tell me why Offaly Senior Hurling management are, generally, the last to name their team before League and Championship games?


The Offaly GAA Website Team are probably from the North Offaly area as it is clear they have little or no interest in promoting the Offaly Senior Hurling Team. I think the only reference they have made to today's home Alliance Hurling League Game is to include details of it between club Division 2 Football League and an Under 16 Club League game. Yet some people wonder why Offaly Hurlers have such little support.

But sure the Internet hasn't reached south Offaly !!
kingscounty
All Star
 
Posts: 760
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:42 pm

Re: Offaly v Waterford, NHL, Saturday 7th March 2015

Postby kingscounty » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:35 pm

Shocking disappointing in the second half. Great start 7 points to 0 after 16 mins , Waterfords first score coming after 17 mins. Bergin should have been taken off at half time he wasn't going for the ball at all . Dempsey made an unreal save in the second half . Nolan at half back was running around marking no one , Waterford seemed to have 3 or 4 men waiting to pick up breaking ball , we couldn't win our own puck outs at all . Waterford got a fierce soft goal when the Offaly back made a terrible effort to clear the ball
kingscounty
All Star
 
Posts: 760
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:42 pm

Re: Offaly v Waterford, NHL, Saturday 7th March 2015

Postby Kevin » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:42 pm

Bright start alright.

The Radio 3 men sounded confused regarding Offaly putting men behind the ball with little effect.

Not wanting to put words in their mouth, but I got the impression that the Waterford sweeper cleaned up, while our extra players in defense) were not as effective/not getting on as much ball.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did we go ahead 7 points to nil against the breeze? If so, too bad it went pear shaped on them.

Did anyone notice if the Waterford braintrust did something specific to counteract what was working for us or ...?

Must say I was getting pumped early on.
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.
Kevin
All Star
 
Posts: 766
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:00 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Offaly v Waterford, NHL, Saturday 7th March 2015

Postby kingscounty » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:22 pm

Kevin wrote:Bright start alright.

The Radio 3 men sounded confused regarding Offaly putting men behind the ball with little effect.

Not wanting to put words in their mouth, but I got the impression that the Waterford sweeper cleaned up, while our extra players in defense) were not as effective/not getting on as much ball.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did we go ahead 7 points to nil against the breeze? If so, too bad it went pear shaped on them.

Did anyone notice if the Waterford braintrust did something specific to counteract what was working for us or ...?

Must say I was getting pumped early on.

We did go 7 up against the wind for sure. Your dead on the money I think Waterford number 5 with red helmet was sweeper in defence and he cleaned up . Quality ball into their forwards and winning dirt ball was huge help to Waterford , a lot of Offaly lads were only half going for the ball and pulling out of tackles . Bennett was excellent for Waterford and caused a lot of trouble .
kingscounty
All Star
 
Posts: 760
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:42 pm

Re: Offaly v Waterford, NHL, Saturday 7th March 2015

Postby townman » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:34 pm

[quote="kingscounty"]Shocking disappointing in the second half. Great start 7 points to 0 after 16 mins , Waterfords first score coming after 17 mins. Bergin should have been taken off at half time he wasn't going for the ball at all . Dempsey made an unreal save in the second half . Nolan at half back was running around marking no one , Waterford seemed to have 3 or 4 men waiting to pick up breaking ball , we couldn't win our own puck outs at all . Waterford got a fierce soft goal when the Offaly back made a terrible effort to clear the ball[/quote

Currams and a few more should have went with Bergin at half time to, i said it before we have problems at number 3,6,8,9,11, we have no spine to the team, only for Shane Dooley would we raise a flag at all. James Dempsey has to be the top keeper in the game today unreal saves today pity our corner back couldn't help him out in waterfords last goal.
User avatar
townman
All Star
 
Posts: 1710
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:41 pm

Re: Offaly v Waterford, NHL, Saturday 7th March 2015

Postby townman » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:44 pm

kingscounty wrote:Shocking disappointing in the second half. Great start 7 points to 0 after 16 mins , Waterfords first score coming after 17 mins. Bergin should have been taken off at half time he wasn't going for the ball at all . Dempsey made an unreal save in the second half . Nolan at half back was running around marking no one , Waterford seemed to have 3 or 4 men waiting to pick up breaking ball , we couldn't win our own puck outs at all . Waterford got a fierce soft goal when the Offaly back made a terrible effort to clear the ball


Emmett Nolan was midfield today not half back, our problem was Currams standing off Tadhg De Burca waterfords number 5 on our puck out and let him catch about 4 puck outs without laying a finger or hurl on him, and to cap the day off they took off Sean Cleary who was trying his heart out and won some good ball under the stand in the second half he made Dooleys goal , how Mulrooney and Currams got the 70 minutes in the forward line was a joke.
User avatar
townman
All Star
 
Posts: 1710
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:41 pm

Re: Offaly v Waterford, NHL, Saturday 7th March 2015

Postby kingscounty » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:54 pm

townman wrote:
kingscounty wrote:Shocking disappointing in the second half. Great start 7 points to 0 after 16 mins , Waterfords first score coming after 17 mins. Bergin should have been taken off at half time he wasn't going for the ball at all . Dempsey made an unreal save in the second half . Nolan at half back was running around marking no one , Waterford seemed to have 3 or 4 men waiting to pick up breaking ball , we couldn't win our own puck outs at all . Waterford got a fierce soft goal when the Offaly back made a terrible effort to clear the ball


Emmett Nolan was midfield today not half back, our problem was Currams standing off Tadhg De Burca waterfords number 5 on our puck out and let him catch about 4 puck outs without laying a finger or hurl on him, and to cap the day off they took off Sean Cleary who was trying his heart out and won some good ball under the stand in the second half he made Dooleys goal , how Mulrooney and Currams got the 70 minutes in the forward line was a joke.

Well he was named at half back then , he was running around pulling out of 50 / 50 tackles anyway. I thought Mulrooney tried hard enough got a score and Dooleys goal came off him I think could be wrong there too. Cleary was going for the ball and did win and fight for the ball . Currams is very much out of form maybe the captaincy isn't suiting him and maybe more pressure on him , no harm not starting or subbing a lad like Currams , give him the hunger to get his place back .
kingscounty
All Star
 
Posts: 760
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:42 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Offaly GAA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 5 guests