Leix v Offaly, NHL, Saturday February 14th 2015

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
townman
All Star

Re: Leix v Offaly, NHL, Saturday February 14th 2015

Post by townman »

Toxicity234 wrote:
ditchhurler wrote:1. J Dempsey
2. P Camon
3. D Shortt
4. S Egan
5. E Nolan
6. C Egan
7. D Mooney
8. S Wynne
9. S Ryan
10. T Carroll
11. S Kinsella
12. D Currams
13. S Dooley
14. P Murphy
15. S Quirke
No Coolderry player when is the last time that happen??
Look like we learned nothing from the Galway but lets hope we get a results on Saturday night.
besides no Coolderry men it would have to be the weaks offaly team i ever seen to take to the field and i am watching offaly hurling since around 79/80.

sam88885a
All Star
Club: kk

Post by sam88885a »

townman is it any weaker than the team that played laois last year?
that half forward line is weak with s kinsella and t carroll but if their gone whats our option like ?

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

well last year we had Carroll, Bergin, Peter Gearthy, Connor Doughan, even Kevin Brady, no this side in my opinion is weaker

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Best of luck to the Offaly team against Leix. A lot of young hurlers there who will hopefully benefit from playing and continue to improve.

It hardly makes their task any easier to have such back biting and sniping from the sidelines, albeit from a small but vocal minority.
At this stage the continual blowing over the coals over who isn't there, or should be there is well past tiresome.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

isn't that what a forum is for, an opinion on the team the results, and who did and didn't hurl well
if thats not the case why have one. it also keeps people up to date who are away or can't get to games
on who done well and who isn't making it. if we all talk off the same him sheet no one would bother with it. i see the laoistalk is closing down pity as it was a well run site like this one, its good to have other peoples opinions on offaly hurling and fooball even doe most don't see eye to eye here sure thats what a debate is all about........... :D

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

Yes, this is a discussion forum, but you would like to see some originality too from time to time. There are a few contributors here and you now what their post is going to contain before you read it at all.

It is particularly disappointing to see two Offaly hurlers described as “weak” before a ball is pucked. Has it dawned on you that either of these chaps might be reading this? Or their families? Some people take particular delight in running down good people and their achievements.

To Tom Carroll and Shane Kinsella in particular, but also to the rest of the Offaly team – you have been chosen to hurl for Offaly because you are the best Offaly hurlers for those positions at this point in time. I know you feel honoured to be handed a starting tricoloured jersey, you have targeted this day and I’m sure had your hearts in your mouths as Sid read out the team and felt a silent relief when your name was called. Yes, you will feel doubts, though it was interesting to read the interview with Jackie Tyrrell state in an interview in today’s paper that he too harboured doubts about his own ability up until around 2009. Because the Laois man beside you will feel doubts too. So stick your chest out, drive into them, leave everything on the pitch. And good luck.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Bord na Mona man
All Star

townman wrote:isn't that what a forum is for, an opinion on the team the results, and who did and didn't hurl well
if thats not the case why have one. it also keeps people up to date who are away or can't get to games
on who done well and who isn't making it. if we all talk off the same him sheet no one would bother with it. i see the laoistalk is closing down pity as it was a well run site like this one, its good to have other peoples opinions on offaly hurling and fooball even doe most don't see eye to eye here sure thats what a debate is all about........... :D
Debate is fine, but some players not on the panel have been name-checked more times in the last two months than they ever were when they were actually playing for Offaly! Forgive those of us who start to find it tedious after a while.

Also, it gets worse when this championing of missing players turns into a slew of disparaging comments towards players who are actually making the team. Players going out to represent Offaly deserve more respect than that.
It's only a tiny minority of posters who don't know where to draw the line, but it tends reflects badly on the entire community here.

F D Begrudgers
Junior C

Post by F D Begrudgers »

Dear Townman,

Would you ever oust yourself from site. Your constant what seems "drunken" negative rhetoric adds nothing remotely of value to Offaly's cause. One would hope that you have something better to do with yourself.

If you have nothing positive to say, please say nout. Try being an Offaly supporter for a change as opposed to a certified c...

Bord na Mona man
All Star

hurleyman wrote:Hi lads I hear Tom Carroll and Shane Kinsella are injured.
Carroll and Kinsella might need a service!

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

Best of luck to Offaly , I have my tickets bought since Wednesday , saved meself a fiver per ticket by buying early :D

allstar2010
All Star

Post by allstar2010 »

The players have more sense than to take any notice of the tripe that is dished out on this site. Best of luck to the lads, here's hoping for an upset.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

I'm very annoyed with the level of vitriol posted here of late. The "weak" tag is the last straw for me. I am deadly serious when I ask people for the Love of God to be mindful of mental health issues when posting. The poster 'Stand Back' was the first contributor to sign his name to his posts here and it struck a massive chord with me when he wrote the following -
stand back wrote:good man pat. I'm the bk captain. Doing this for a couple of reasons. We had Ken hogan giving us a mental health talk and he told us how 14 year olds are being told they are shite and have no heart. Secondly I've great respect for shane dooley and joe bergin who have said their per hate is anonymous sites.
Now no-one is obliged to sign their names to anything, but please, please be mindful that people do actually read what you post.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Kevin
All Star

Post by Kevin »

Lets keep the scoreboard operators busy tomorrow lads!!

Get stuck in and get off to a good start for the league.

COME ON OFFALY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

sam88885a
All Star
Club: kk

Post by sam88885a »

[quote="Bord na Mona man"]Best of luck to the Offaly team against Leix. A lot of young hurlers there who will hopefully benefit from playing and continue to improve.

i agree totally ,hope they all hurl to their potental today
last year we had young lads such as c doughan d kelliher s gardner t geraghty p geraghty k connolly stepping up to senior , it such a pity that their still not involved .
thats is a huge drop out in a small county that needs everyone .
pity

rocket57
County player

Post by rocket57 »

all sniping aside looking forward to tonight to see what we have in the panel as a whole optomistic for the year ahead, this will determine what we have too look forward to year ahead up the faithful