Leix v Offaly, NHL, Saturday February 14th 2015

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Offalys Future
All Star

Re: Leix v Offaly, NHL, Saturday February 14th 2015

Post by Offalys Future »

Plain of the Herbs wrote:Yes, it does show where Offaly hurling is at, etc. I'm quite sure no-one is under any illusions about this, and there is a possibility that last Saturday night could be the highlight of the year. But in this seemingly never-ending era of no hope, any moment of positivity is to be welcomed, even for just a day or two.
Last Saturday isn't a highlight.
There is plenty of hope but as I have stated time and time again, the correct structures aren't in place, the correct people aren't coaching and managing any of the county teams, the correct people aren't administering Offaly GAA.
When all of the above changes then Offaly hurling might have some chance.
" In The Presence Of Confidence Doubt Cannot Exist "

ryot
All Star
Club: Doon

Post by ryot »

So who are the correct people for each job ?

List them,,,,,,

and confirm you & your club have spoken with each of them and they have confirmed they are prepared to accept the nomination from your club,,,

Then when the nomination forms are sent out dont forget to write in all the names & post it back to the County Sec.......

If you & your club dont have the list of names ready you are talking rubbish,,,,,,,,, So prove me wrong and list them......

ah lethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by ah lethimoutwithit »

Well said, as far as I can see all OF offers is 60 words a minute! No involvement at all.

Toxicity234
All Star

Post by Toxicity234 »

Two thing i wanted to being up.
Whelehan Interview after the match where he and the management team took responsible of the Galway game is good to hear. It was the 1st time where he has come out and point out his mistake and not just blamed the players.
This is the interview he should have given after the Galway game. That comment is an improvement in his management.

http://www.hoganstand.com/Offaly/Articl ... ?ID=232248

This quote is a complete Rubbish.
“We’ve lads out there that want to hurl with Offaly. We’ve always said to them that we believe there are good hurlers in our squad, and I think we answered a lot of critics last weekend.”
A simple rephrasing from Brian Whelehan turns this comment for one where it appears he having a go at some player within the county to on that is confidence build one.
"We have some great hurler in Offaly and we feel that we have the best of them in this squad and people will see that in our performance this year."
almost the same comment and far more upbeat.
This is only a small thing but it something that Cody is great at and Brian Whelehan hasn't got a head around yet and something that he need to improve on.

As for the County Board.
Reading the finance situation it hard not to be impress by the new Chairman. Finally he has taken steps to get a grip with the finance problem within the county.
A county board without money can do feck all. untill the croke park and county board come to an agreement the county board are trying to play hurling with two hands tie behind there back.
Sort the Finance is problem the most important thing Offaly gaa need at the moment.
“Common sense is not so common.”

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

look lets get away from all this shit and bitching, good win last week and lets hope we have another one this sunday, that would leave both hurlers and footballers top of their table in their group happy days.

F D Begrudgers
Junior C

Post by F D Begrudgers »

Rich coming from you Townman. Greatest Bitch Going, slating all the players in the lead up to last weeks game.
Then you think because you said that one particular player needed his greatest game ever, that your proven right.
Get off your high horse ya spa. Convinced you were the ruit of the Captains comments on the radio.

Come on the faithful.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

F D Begrudgers wrote:Rich coming from you Townman. Greatest Bitch Going, slating all the players in the lead up to last weeks game.
Then you think because you said that one particular player needed his greatest game ever, that your proven right.
Get off your high horse ya spa. Convinced you were the ruit of the Captains comments on the radio.

Come on the faithful.
F D Begrudgers wrote:Rich coming from you Townman. Greatest Bitch Going, slating all the players in the lead up to last weeks game.

Come on the faithful.
ok Dan you made your point, :lol:

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

Come on the faithful.
by the way FD as you call yourself, its a forum and its where you air your views about players good or bad, lets not forget its the fans who pay money in to watch this plus money for disel for away games
and the cost with kids at games to.

your only two post were at me, talk about the game, doubt very much if you even go to games, bar stool fan knows all about it on the stool in the local on a sunday night tool.

F D Begrudgers
Junior C

Post by F D Begrudgers »

Who administrates this shite. I have no shame in making a mockery of it and every gobshite like Townman and co until some order is called. These lads have caused enough offense.
Very same arseholes wouldnt walk into a dark room.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

F D Begrudgers wrote:Who administrates this shite. I have no shame in making a mockery of it and every gobshite like Townman and co until some order is called. These lads have caused enough offense.
Very same arseholes wouldnt walk into a dark room.
you put up an offense here that i wrote about a player, yes i have put up a post if a player didn't have a good game or not in his best poistion, sick of this shit about what i said about these players theres 100's of post here that i didn't put up, put up a post that was out of order, if not f..ck off and post about someone else .

F D Begrudgers
Junior C

Post by F D Begrudgers »

Ah man, not able to take it and the very one to lash it out.
I love this, Im on a bitch hunt and Im going to take you down.

Your that f'ing simple its beyond comprehension.

shannonbanks14
County player

Post by shannonbanks14 »

Townman "lets get away from all this shit and bitching", your the biggest bitch on this forum... you need treatment for schizophrenia asap!

allstar2010
All Star

Post by allstar2010 »

Lads, is there any need for such language? Would ye not be better off DM'ing each other?

F D Begrudgers
Junior C

Post by F D Begrudgers »

Very sorry about my language, however something needs to be done about Townman. He is out of control and has brought this site very much into disrepute. It is a complete farce in its current form and I have merely joined to highlight that there is a total lack of care and administration controls governing it.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

Jaysus, poor you!

Forced to go to matches to watch highly paid hurlers hurl bad? Forced to make overnight trips and feed the kids? And the price of pheasant or duck nowadays? Forced to put up in the Lyrath while the hurlers swanned around Nowlan Park last summer? And you hoping Offaly would win primarily so you could ram it down the throat of your 'friends' on Premierview, or the locals in the bar in Castlecomer, or wherever?

You're a mess, Townman. Note: nobody forces you to go to matches. Nobody is hurling in muck and shyte (or in any kind of weather, come to think of it) so some gobshyte nobody knows can swan around every GAA site on cyberspace blagging and making a show of the whole county. And you do.

Tell you what. If you're a man, you'll approach the players and tell them to their faces. Tell the full-back and the centre-back they are not the answer. They'll be in Tullamore on Sunday, out the Arden Road, beside the hospital, so you should be able to find them. And be a man about it. For a change.
townman wrote:by the way FD as you call yourself, its a forum and its where you air your views about players good or bad, lets not forget its the fans who pay money in to watch this plus money for disel for away games
and the cost with kids at games to.

your only two post were at me, talk about the game, doubt very much if you even go to games, bar stool fan knows all about it on the stool in the local on a sunday night tool.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.