2015 Walsh cup

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
townman
All Star

Re: 2015 Walsh cup

Post by townman »

Lone Shark wrote:As far as I'm aware, it's the same story - O'Connor Park is wired for lights, it's just about the cost of installation, which would be somewhere in the vicinity of €100,000 from what I can recall. However I don't know for certain if planning and all that has been dealt with, there may be an issue there. Others involved more closely would probably be able to paint a fuller picture.
Yes i heard it was wired for lights its a pity its not up and going and 100,000 is alot of dosh :shock:

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

Sad news today out of kilkenny down here after Lester Ryans Father Johnny die in a farm accident
and with the couisin of Tommy and Padraig Walsh and Jackie Tyrell missing still, kilkenny have pulled out of the Walsh cup. some things are more imporant than hurling.

Toxicity234
All Star

Post by Toxicity234 »

townman wrote:Sad news today out of kilkenny down here after Lester Ryans Father Johnny die in a farm accident
and with the couisin of Tommy and Padraig Walsh and Jackie Tyrell missing still, kilkenny have pulled out of the Walsh cup. some things are more imporant than hurling.
Horrendous news. Sympathies to his family and friends. May he Rip.
“Common sense is not so common.”

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

Tipp 3-15 Offaly 1- 18 result from tonights game at DR.Morris park seems like a good run out.

fifitrixiebelle
All Star

Post by fifitrixiebelle »

what wudja do atall without premview thetownman?? :D :D

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

Yes it's a good website give you that :lol:

ryot
All Star
Club: Doon

Post by ryot »

RIP Johnny Ryan

My sympathies to his family & Kilkenny.

Toxicity234
All Star

Post by Toxicity234 »

http://www.hoganstand.com/Offaly/Articl ... ?ID=230533

Missing Carroll for the open League game but in fairness it for a great reason and fair due to Brian for going out to given up his time and energy to help people.
I spend some time working in an orphanage in Tanzania. It was a great experience.
Best of luck to Brian in Zambia.

sam88885a
All Star
Club: kk

Post by sam88885a »

sympathies to the ryan family and kilkenny hurling people .rip

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

If this is the case them Birr has a big problem that won't go away - that is, the N52/N62 that runs alongside.

Thanks be to the Celtic Tiger for the Tellamore by-pass in that case. Had that not been built then OCP would be in the same boat and the county would have nowhere to go. Incidentally, how many other county grounds potentially have this issue? Carlow springs to mind - is the section of the road outside the stand a National Secondary route?
Lone Shark wrote:Considering it's your own club, you'd do well to learn a bit about it. I've been told that the county board right now couldn't fix a club under-21 game for SBP if they wanted to, following on from the latest health and safety report. There are issues with the barricades on the terrace, there are issues with the proximity to the N62 outside the ground, there are issues with the turnstiles - again I don't know the exact details, but right now the ground is effectively closed is my understanding, and none of the problems are a quick fix either.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Toxicity234
All Star

Post by Toxicity234 »

Galway team for Sunday.

Colm Callanan;
Darragh O’Donoghue, Fergal Moore, Padraig Mannion;
Colm Flynn, David Collins, Gearoid McInerney;
Joseph Cooney, Andrew Smith;
Padraig Brehony, Jonathan Glynn, Dean Higgins;
Eanna Burke, Jason Flynn, Brian Molloy.

Buttons
All Star
Club: Club

Post by Buttons »

Any word on the Offaly team for tomorrow, offaly about 2/1 against an experimental Galway team.

rocket57
County player

Post by rocket57 »

i would think the team will be similar to the westmeath game,this is a good chance to get a win over Galway and get some good match practise for the league. As the league should be the big one for us to try to get out of the division,if we are going to progress to where we should be

Toxicity234
All Star

Post by Toxicity234 »

Dempesy
Camon
Shortt
Egan
Nolan
C Egan
Parlon
Wynne
Ryan
T carroll
Currams
Mann
Dooley
Kinsella
Quirke

Buttons
All Star
Club: Club

Post by Buttons »

Weather put me off going to game today, at 2-18 to 0-5 it looks like another long season ahead.