Shamrocks in Leinster - 2014

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Mr X
Junior C
Club: Birr

Re: Shamrocks in Leinster - 2014

Post by Mr X »

Latest odds from Paddy Power

Shamrocks 9/2 Bennettsbridge 1/8

Serious gap in price from the bookies. Not giving shamrocks a chance in a 2 horse race. Bennettsbridge must be a serious outfit on those odds!!!!!

JoeBloggs
Junior C
Club: kk

Post by JoeBloggs »

Is Darrell O Dwyer fit for this.He could be the difference between the two teams

Killeighman
All Star

Post by Killeighman »

The rocks will probably go and win the thing now and everyone will be rolling in the money

Toxicity234
All Star

Post by Toxicity234 »

Not going well. 1-10 to 0-1. The bridge turning over some amount of ball in the forwards line and shamrock help them by trying to run the ball out of there defence.
“Common sense is not so common.”

Mr X
Junior C
Club: Birr

Post by Mr X »

Final score Bennettsbridge 1-20 Shamrocks 0-3

Serious performance from Bennettsbridge. Shamrocks were very poor. Bennettsbridge completely controlled the game. Doesnt look good for offaly hurling if our intermediate champions are taking a beating like that against the kilkenny junior champions. Is that how far back we've fallen?

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

kilkenny junior teams are after beating a few offaly intermediate teams the last few years John Lockes gave Drumcullen a bad beating a few years ago to. i have seen a good few games in kilkenny and the level is years ahead than offaly. i hope this isn't a first of two bad beatings from kilkenny teams this weekend.

Kevin
All Star

Post by Kevin »

Tomorrow is another day.

COME ON K/K !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

'Junior' would be a misnomer in Kilkenny.

A pity for Shamrocks. However, is there anything illogical about the 25th best team in a county of Kilkenny's population beating the 13th best hurling team of a county with a smaller population where hurling is the favoured code in little more than a third of the county? I don't think so, and so I don't think it's fair to say this is a measure of how far Offaly hurling has fallen.

In recent years, I've witnessed each Offaly v KIlkenny match in this grade (with the exception of Belmont v Galmoy). The Kilkenny winners generally tend to have been in Junior ranks for quite a few years and are led by a number of young players (who are generally U21).

Ballyragget were probably the most impressive of those Kilkenny Junior champions I say. With the high standard of Kilkenny Junior winners, I really think Offaly clubs would be well served by playing challenge matches against Kilkenny Junior clubs. There are quite a number of them within an hours drive from Offaly.

The ironic thing is that, while Kilkenny Junior clubs nearly always win the Leinster club competition (Ballinamere beating Lisdowney last year a notable and rare exception), the same cannot be said for the Kilkenny Intermediate champions. Mullinavat were beaten today, while Clonkill and MLR have gone on to win Keinster and All-Ireland titles and I think Celbridge have won Leinster too (?).
Mr X wrote:Final score Bennettsbridge 1-20 Shamrocks 0-3

Serious performance from Bennettsbridge. Shamrocks were very poor. Bennettsbridge completely controlled the game. Doesnt look good for offaly hurling if our intermediate champions are taking a beating like that against the kilkenny junior champions. Is that how far back we've fallen?
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

fifitrixiebelle
All Star

Post by fifitrixiebelle »

townman wrote: i hope this isn't a first of two bad beatings from kilkenny teams this weekend.
sure isnt gettin bad batins from kilkenny teams one of a biffos greatest pleasures, townman? :(

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

how did the great paudie maher and lar get on with Thurles o i forgot they were beaten again at least it wasn't a kilkenny team this time :lol:

fifitrixiebelle
All Star

I tink dey got more than an average of wan score every 20 mins townman :D

or woz it a soccer match? :mrgreen:

fifitrixiebelle
All Star

townman wrote:how did the great paudie maher and lar get on with Thurles o i forgot they were beaten again at least it wasn't a kilkenny team this time :lol:
as someone here once said, townman, 'arent we all the same now ye won nawtin like us'....... :D
but sars had the excuse of playin the whole game with 14 men

ryot
All Star
Club: Doon

Post by ryot »

fifitrixiebelle

would have thought that their were enough hurlers in Thurles for them to have at least 15 and a sub or two

the Untouchable
All Star

Post by the Untouchable »

How did Daryl Dwyer hurl? Any chance calls him in this year?
The Untouchable

the Untouchable
All Star

Post by the Untouchable »

How did Daryl Dwyer hurl? Any chance Sid calls him in this year?
The Untouchable