Offaly G.A.A Under Age Development

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Up The Faithful
Junior A

Offaly G.A.A Under Age Development

Post by Up The Faithful »

I just read an article in the Midlands tribune this week, which I would advise everybody to take a look at. Brian Lowry wrote an article "Signs of progress as development squads come under the spotlight" and "Offaly GAA seal deal with Athlone Institute of Technology". Me for one thought that there wasnt enough work being done from u13 upwards. It's great that the Offaly GAA have formed a good partnership with AIT and the Sports science department. There seems to be great work being done in the Strength, Speed, Conditioning and Nutrition of the development squads. As a strength and conditioning student I can not fault the tests and training that is being done at present with our future players. Lets hope this good work is carried on for many years and well done to the county board in implementing this with AIT and our young committed players they deserve the best training.
noelfogarty11@gmail.com

Toxicity234
All Star

Re: Offaly G.A.A Under Age Development

Post by Toxicity234 »

Yeah. i see that the U-16 and Minor squads have been down in AIT a good few time over the last 2 months.

AIT have great facility and the county boards, the management and the players should all be very proud of themselves for this.

The county board general over the last 6 months have done a lot of great work putting in place the structure to develop hurlers at clubs level and then this is to help these players make the step from Club to inter county.
“Common sense is not so common.”

jimbob17
All Star

Re: Offaly G.A.A Under Age Development

Post by jimbob17 »

Yea saw this article and I have to say, it is encouraging.......In fairness their is a lot of positivity with the underage development squads the last few years and this initiative will only serve to reinforce this......We need to be doing things right to keep pace with the stronger counties and this wil give the young lads a better base when they get to minor and U21 level and hopfully the results will eventually follow through to Senior level...
jimbob