Offaly Hurling the real problem

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
sam88885a
All Star
Club: kk

Re: Offaly Hurling the real problem

Post by sam88885a »

townman
thats the point we didnt have d morkam d kilmartain and d currams only came on as a sub that day , and mahon was taken off i think.
its a pity we didnt see those 9 lads play 5 or 6 games together .
thats not all b whelahan fault ,,he was only there last year .
those 9 lads were there for the last 4 years at least .
may not have worked but we will never know now .

Chris
County player

Post by Chris »

Cleary dud not hurl against Kilkenny. ....he was suspended following the kerry game

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

Morkham was the only one who didn't play as he was hurt, the rest did, so this shit about who did and didn't play still goes on. look this is getting silly i'd say outsiders are laughing their nuts off we the sh.t that is been post up here about who's not playing together.

the funny thing about it you think Brian Whelehan broke up a leinster or all ireland winning team the way lads are talking he only came in late last year, the team has been in division 2 for years i think its time a few got a few bottles of cop on into them :oops:

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

[quote="Chris"]Cleary dud not hurl against Kilkenny. ....he was suspended following the kerry game[/quote

its 2013 chris under Baker he hurl centre forward that day which was madness to for a young hurler to come straight into the team and put in centre forward.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

sam88885a wrote:townman
thats the point we didnt have d morkam d kilmartain and d currams only came on as a sub that day , and mahon was taken off i think.
its a pity we didnt see those 9 lads play 5 or 6 games together .
thats not all b whelahan fault ,,he was only there last year .
those 9 lads were there for the last 4 years at least .
may not have worked but we will never know now .
look mangers will have different views on players, lets not forget Ger Healion hurl fullforward 6 years ago and got as good as goal you will see that day against laois, i also feel mangers made a balls out of Kevin Brady playing him centre foward or midfield, their was only one place for Brady on the county team and that was right half back if not there the bench.

in my opinion i think Duirmuid Horan is the biggest lost to offaly hurling panel the last few years.

sam88885a
All Star

Post by sam88885a »

townman
we agree at last d horan was a huge loss and k brady was mis used.
when u look back now we never got j demsey m verney d morkam g healion s egan d kenny d horan k brady j brady k grogan p healion d mooney e murphy p cleary d kilmartain b leonard d molloy d hayden c parlon c slevin c mahon r hanniffy b carroll j bergin s dooley c egan d murry j gorman all in training together with any kind of plan .
it hard to belive that out of those 28 we could not pick a decent team .

its history now but i agree with u townman we could not put a panel like that together now or in the near future .

Up The Faithful
Junior A

Post by Up The Faithful »

Where has Derek Molloy gone?

Kevin
All Star

Post by Kevin »

Up The Faithful wrote:Where has Derek Molloy gone?
Good question.

Seemed to be a decent puckout target. Did not seem to be the easiest man for his marker to deal with.

Have not seem him around in a while now.
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Up The Faithful
Junior A

Post by Up The Faithful »

A great target from puckout, always good under the high ball and had an eye for goal..does anyone know where he is?

substandard
All Star
Club: Shamrocks

Post by substandard »

Perseverance with the players that are available now, ensuring they can get the best supports and preparation to be the best they can be is all that can be done at the minute with the senior team.
Time and patience required to develop underage to get to a level of consistently challenging for honours is the long-term view.
Step one is club development, step two primary schools, step three secondary schools, step four development squads.
Step one is the most crucial. If the quality of coaching and the instilling of skills, love of the game and values aren't right, then the book can't be passed down the line playing the blame-game. How to audit this, and each subsequent step?!!
Answers on the back of a cigarette box, please...!!!

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

Up The Faithful wrote:A great target from puckout, always good under the high ball and had an eye for goal..does anyone know where he is?
he had a bad injuried last year again waterford in tullamore, he hasn't played any grade of football or hurling in 2014.

kaiserchief
All Star
Club: town

Post by kaiserchief »

I heard from a Shamrocks player that he is back training with them.

He will be a big addition for them in Leinster and Senior next year.

Toxicity234
All Star

Post by Toxicity234 »

kaiserchief wrote:I heard from a Shamrocks player that he is back training with them.

He will be a big addition for them in Leinster and Senior next year.
That great news. Its look like a really bad injury last year.
Great to hear he on the road to recovery.
“Common sense is not so common.”

timber
All Star

Post by timber »

Yea would certainly be an addition when you look at offaly squad as it stands. A bit if time away from the game might have re energised him.

first things first, he will have to win back a place on his club team. The management have been exactly what was needed demanding full commitment from anybody interested in playing and it has got the best out of limited resources while missing the likes of molloy.

ive no doubt if he gets back fit and gives it full commitment he will be one of the names starting for the county next summer.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

Worth pointing out that Carlow hurling continues to make strides at underage level. With wins over St Peter's Wexford, Dublin South and Castlecomer, Borris VS have quaified for the Final of the Leinster Colleges Senior hurling league. They will play St Kieran's College in the Final.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.