Kevin Brady retires after 11 years

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Toxicity234
All Star

Kevin Brady retires after 11 years

Post by Toxicity234 »

Just read on twitter that kevin brady has call it a day from Offaly.
Kevin was a true warrior in a time when offaly hurling lacked warrior's.
In team's what often lacked individual that were team players kevin as a true team player.
Never afraid of hard work or putting his body on the line. A great servant to a great county and will be missed.
I just wanted to wish the best in the future and thank him for all the time, effort, hard work and skill he put in over the last 11 years. He be missed.
“Common sense is not so common.”

sam88885a
All Star
Club: kk

Re: Kevin Brady retires after 11 years

Post by sam88885a »

k brady great servent for offaly for 11 years .
kevin should have a leinster title but for b whelahan he would have in my opinion.
brian whelahan got injured kevin brady was coming into wing back but brian insisted that barry whelahan be moved from midfield .

i can rember every offaly fan around me shouting at mick mac to tell brian to fuck off .

mick mac didnt .

wexford pucked out the ball straight to the right wing forward paul carley completely unmarked and he ran and scored the goal that lost that final .
that was not barrys fault because he had played ok in midfield ,k brady would have stood into his man under the dropping ball and let him know he was there .
terrible for kevin brady haven to go back and sit on the bench and miss his only chance to play in and win a leinster final .
thank for 11 year of service kevin , u owe offaly notting .
enjoy your retirement kevin and thanks

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

A hardy bastard , a bit over physical at times but never lacked the belly that some are lacking now. Scored some savage long range points in his time and huge loss now also , God their dropping like flies now hope no more go , I wonder were they waiting to see if a new manager was going to be installed first before making their decision .

sam88885a
All Star

Post by sam88885a »

kingscounty
ye there dropping like flys d kenny to come from what i hear and maybe g healion
its a huge problem now

Chris
County player

Post by Chris »

Always like Kevin Brady and his style of hurling, although he does go over the top now and again....a fully committed hurler who never gave anything other than his best. Cannot help but wonder if all of these (and the few more that are definitely coming) retirements are as a resukt of the re - appointment of the current manager. Add these premature retirements to the list of those who will not play under the current manager and you have a better team than those available to the manager!!! Or am I raving???

Kevin
All Star

Post by Kevin »

Best wishes to Kevin Brady on his retirement.
Chris wrote:Always like Kevin Brady and his style of hurling, although he does go over the top now and again....a fully committed hurler who never gave anything other than his best. Cannot help but wonder if all of these (and the few more that are definitely coming) retirements are as a resukt of the re - appointment of the current manager. Add these premature retirements to the list of those who will not play under the current manager and you have a better team than those available to the manager!!! Or am I raving???
I'm not sure it would be fair to include anyone who is retiring for 'medical reasons' (if any can be so classified) in your 'Non Offaly Team'.

That said, it is the responsibility of management to assure that the best possible team is put out on the field. I have no idea what shape the 'bridges' are in at the moment, but there is time left for parties on both sides to come to terms to assure the inclusion of our best possible representatives.

I have no idea if the retirees + those who currently are not likely to allow themselves to go forward would make a better team.

I wish the players that have been called in the very best and hope they make the most of the opportunity to represent the Faithful County.

IMHO for what it is worth, you are hardly raving.
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Chris
County player

Post by Chris »

Kevin, in my humble opinion, you have reinforced my point....but perhaps the two of us are raving.....iit is, indeed, the responsibility of management to put the best possible team on the field....that includes those with whom there are personality clashes, differences of opinions, and issues which need to be addressed. There is a definition of management which goes something like....."The coordination of the efforts of people to achieve set goals and objectives. In my raving opinion, management are part of the team....and no one is bigger than the team!!!!

Kevin
All Star

Post by Kevin »

Chris wrote:Kevin, in my humble opinion, you have reinforced my point....but perhaps the two of us are raving.....iit is, indeed, the responsibility of management to put the best possible team on the field....that includes those with whom there are personality clashes, differences of opinions, and issues which need to be addressed. There is a definition of management which goes something like....."The coordination of the efforts of people to achieve set goals and objectives. In my raving opinion, management are part of the team....and no one is bigger than the team!!!!
I reinforced your point because I agree with you.

Nothing in your follow-up post changes that.

Raving = wild, irrational, or incoherent talk.

Again, from my point of view you are not raving.

Chris
County player

Post by Chris »

Sorry Kevin....ithought you wwere saying I was raving!!!!

Kevin
All Star

Post by Kevin »

Its all good.