Offaly Hurling Panel 2015

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Killeighman
All Star

Re: Offaly Hurling Panel 2015

Post by Killeighman »

With a bit of luck this year Sid will leave the team talk to the gift Fox. He is a man that could get some sort of a reaction from players.

sam88885a
All Star
Club: kk

Post by sam88885a »

townman offaly hurlers never got up to lie down last year .

last year whelahan seen to blame the county board the clubs the players and took no blame himself .
b carroll seem to be of a similar view that everyone else is letting him down .
neither did anything to build team spirit .
a team win together and looses together.
if offaly dont create that spirit in the dressing room we can train till the cows come home .it is not there at present .

Kevin
All Star

Post by Kevin »

sam88885a wrote:did anyone hear sids interview on radio 3 .
maybe its just me but i was struck at sids lack of passion about the offaly team and offaly hurling.
if he is like that in the dressing room its no wonder offaly get hammered most of the guys must be half asleep .
am i been un fair ??
Searched for this interview, but could not find it.

Does anyone happen to have a link?
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

sam88885a
All Star

Post by sam88885a »

kevin
try midland radio 3 twitter u will find it there

Kevin
All Star

Post by Kevin »

Got it thanks!

https://soundcloud.com/midlandssport/br ... ona-launch

Agree he was subdued for sure.

Some items cherry picked include:

Mentioned Fox and Farrell will handle a lot of the hands on stuff allowing him to assess players, etc.

Admitted that he learned a lot form 2014 , but was not specific.

New plan went into place for 2015 before he and his team were ratified.

Less injuries at this point. David Kenny attempting to overcome his injury still.

Players responding 'well' to training thus far.

Walsh Cup, League starting - all important blah, blah.

5 KK players coming in, looking forward to their return and what they bring.

Hopefully I did not misrepresent anything Brian said.

Here's hoping we take a step forward in the coming year. Best Wishes and Good Luck to all involved.
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Chris
County player

Post by Chris »

Sorry but I am not at all convinced.......you woukd have though that by now he would have it all worked out.....and be able to communicate it.....it seems to be more about him than the players. On a related note....why was there no Offaly player photographed at the launch of the Walsh Cup and yet the Offaly manager was there??? And he appeared to be the only manager thete

Chris
County player

Post by Chris »

Sorry it appears that sean ryan was interviewed at the Walsh Cup launch..... another convincing performance!!!!

allstar2010
All Star

Post by allstar2010 »

Who are the 5 kk players? I thought there would be more.

ah lethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by ah lethimoutwithit »

How many would you expect? Would guess 8 asked in and 5 accepted the offer?

sam88885a
All Star

Post by sam88885a »

chris i thought his interview lacked any passion,his communication skill are very poor but what surprised me was the lack of real credit he game to kk .
he mentioned that kk could have beaten ballyhale in the 60 minutes . i thought he would try to use that as a reason to be hopefull for next year .
most of the interview was about what he has done to improve things and quite a lot about d kenny and his injury surely d morkam c doughan s gardner d kelliher g healion d kilmartain b leonard k grogan c slevin s coughlan are equally as important as kenny ,if not more considering their form at club level this year .

reading between the lines he is not going to even try to talk any of those guys around .
i hope he has improved thing hugely but looking at the current panel im terrified where b whelahan is going to take offaly hurling in 2015.
we have no decent full back or centre back on the panel at present in my opinion .
no p cleary r hannify g healion p healion k brady j brady d kenny s coughlan d kelliher c doughan, that most of the big central defensive men in the" big" clubs.
we simply cannot manager without all those cant we????
hope im wrong

Chris
County player

Post by Chris »

Absolutely right Sam......but in spite of this and his incredibly poor performance last year......the county board give him a second year.....and, maybe even more ncredibly, he takes the second year......can the man not see he is out of his depth. Seeing as Damian Fox is already in there, I say, give him a cracking at it for a year...I really hope Sid's team talks are a lot more passionate and considered than any radio/television interview I have seen him do in the past number of years....

hurlus
Junior C

Post by hurlus »

I heard a remark recently that is absolutely maddening me.
A particular birr man, belong to a so called hurling family in birr, who has
very close connections to our offaly senior hurling manager, quiet publically stated
that there is only one player on the k/k senior hurling team that deserves to be in with the offaly senior panal.
How can anyone who claims to support our county team make a statement like this.
This is the temperament of what is going on in offaly hurling.
One player, out of a panal of 30 who has more than proven their capabilities in the past 3 years. Who
held that ballyhale team to 5 points from play in 60 mins.
This is the jealousy, begrudgery, sour grapes that is continuing to go on in the offaly camp.
We have the players in offaly to contest any county hurling team competitively, but we do not have
the proper open minded people in command.
That k/k hurling team would give any county team a better game than the existing offaly team.
It is sickening and maddening to think of the crap that goes on, the county board needs to grow some balls
and make the management accountable for
The decisions that are being made in there.

Buttons
All Star
Club: Club

Post by Buttons »

Any idea on who the one was?

hurlus
Junior C

Post by hurlus »

The one player he mentioned was dan currums.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

he must have been on the cherry over the christmas in Nolans in Birr if he thinks Dan Currams is the best hurler k/k had in the year gone out.