Offaly Hurling Panel 2015

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Chris
County player
Club: kk

Re: Offaly Hurling Panel 2015

Post by Chris »

I seem to recall the current manager stating after last year's inter county chanpionship that he would go to the Offaly CountyChampionship games and woukd form his panel based on the performances of players in the county championship.....dont know what championship matches the confidant binman was at...probably the same ones the manager was at......and wearing the same prejudiced glasses.....

sam88885a
All Star

Post by sam88885a »

lads its no secret that kk have got little respect from ex birr players .
an ex offfaly player said before kk played ballyhale that ballyhale would hammer kk because d currams was the only hurler kk had .
he said it was a signal how poor offaly club hurling is that kk won a county title never mind 3 .
of course he was talking rubbish.
the big thing kk bring is workrate something offaly lack but kk have fine hurlers too .
i think its intresting to see 6 or 7 clareen lads on the panel this year , guys that lay down in the semi final against rynagh .is the reason they are there because the beat birr this year?
there are a couple from birr that are very yellow too in my opinion .
the panel was not picked on players form in 2014 so why critera was used?
honestly i dont think 20 of the current panel would make the kk subs .
whelahan seems to want to create a super fix team with a light mobile type of player .
i dont think that can work especially against the top teams .
does anyone know what the team will look like for the walsh cup ?

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

Don't agree with your comment Sam for the simple reason Whelehan and his family have a very cool relationship with Birr GAA since Padjoe left the fold and that is known around the town.He is not a die heart Birr man what so ever and has removed himself from the click in Birr GAA the last 3 years and he certainly doesn't put any of the Birr players on the Offaly panel just because they play with Birr because he would be one of there biggest critics infact.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

sam88885a wrote:lads its no secret that kk have got little respect from ex birr players .
an ex offfaly player said before kk played ballyhale that ballyhale would hammer kk because d currams was the only hurler kk had .
he said it was a signal how poor offaly club hurling is that kk won a county title never mind 3 .
of course he was talking rubbish.
the big thing kk bring is workrate something offaly lack but kk have fine hurlers too .
i think its intresting to see 6 or 7 clareen lads on the panel this year , guys that lay down in the semi final against rynagh .is the reason they are there because the beat birr this year?
there are a couple from birr that are very yellow too in my opinion .
the panel was not picked on players form in 2014 so why critera was used?
honestly i dont think 20 of the current panel would make the kk subs .
whelahan seems to want to create a super fix team with a light mobile type of player .
i dont think that can work especially against the top teams .
does anyone know what the team will look like for the walsh cup ?
sam there were 5 or 6 clareen lads in with offaly under Ollie Baker and a few in when Joe Dooley was over offaly. to my mind there was Conor Slevin, Ger Healion, Damien Kilmartin, Ciaran Slevin,Conor Mahon, Dan Currams, Pete & Thomas Gerathy thats 8 that were in with offaly at some time last year under Whelehan.

you can bring in all 15 from k/k if you like we will still be not at the races come championship time i think a few are getting carried away with this if we had this that or the other from k/k yes they have won 3 in a row in offaly and could well go on and win 5 or 7 more but thats offaly titles lets not forget its two years since they won the leinster club title unlucky last year and with a free taker they would have won another but they were also 30 seconds from been beaten in the first round to down in wexford park.

you used the word yellow lads in Birr, but sure you could say the same in most clubs, our history and titles that we have won over the years wouldn't have us knowing as yellow players, i'd say there a fair few from your own club.

so your answer to our problems is pick as many k/k players on the offaly team and we will be flying Sam who do you think should be on the offaly team from k/k in 2015 its just a question i put to you.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

greenairfield wrote:Don't agree with your comment Sam for the simple reason Whelehan and his family have a very cool relationship with Birr GAA since Padjoe left the fold and that is known around the town.He is not a die heart Birr man what so ever and has removed himself from the click in Birr GAA the last 3 years and he certainly doesn't put any of the Birr players on the Offaly panel just because they play with Birr because he would be one of there biggest critics infact.
where do you get this from, funny you say the Whelehan family have a cool relationship with Birr Sid hurl up to around 2011 Barry and Simon 2014 and Brians son Arron was sub keeper with the senior team. well i tell you something greenairfield he was a fair die heart Birrman when he pulled on the Birr jersey which the same couldn't be said of a few more that hurl with Birr and offaly in Whelehans time.

sam88885a
All Star

Post by sam88885a »

townman i never said the solution to offaly problems was pick 15 kk lads but i expect at least 5 kk should be on the starting 15.
only c mahon and d currams got any kind of run last year .to be fair to whelahan the geraghtys were probally to young but g healion d kilmartain and c slevin were never given a chance last year .

Toxicity234
All Star

Post by Toxicity234 »

I heard Offaly were Playing a challenge in Birr on Sunday.
Anyone know what the team was and how they got on??
“Common sense is not so common.”

kaiserchief
All Star
Club: town

Post by kaiserchief »

I heard they played NUIG.

Dont know too much but Offaly racked up 2-25 with Pat Camon, Shane Kelly and Paddy Murphy standing out.

Toxicity234
All Star

Post by Toxicity234 »

Thanks kaiser
Good to hear Camon, Kelly and Murphy playing well
“Common sense is not so common.”