Kilcormac-Killoughey in Leinster - 2014

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Killeighman
All Star

Re: Kilcormac-Killoughey in Leinster - 2014

Post by Killeighman »

Now that you mention it Fargo i did see the supporter down on the steps whistling at the Shels player. Had it been in Liam Dunnes day he would have cut the head off him with the axe he used!!

Fargo Boyle
All Star

Post by Fargo Boyle »

Killeighman wrote:Now that you mention it Fargo i did see the supporter down on the steps whistling at the Shels player. Had it been in Liam Dunnes day he would have cut the head off him with the axe he used!!
And proper order too!!!

manfromdelmonte
All Star

Post by manfromdelmonte »

Got out of jail and I hate to say that the Wexford team were the better hurlers.
only the best...

sam88885a
All Star
Club: kk

Post by sam88885a »

yes kk were lucky in the end but to say shells were better hurlers is over stating it at bit

kk had 7 goal chances scored 2 and were fouled for 3 of the others and got no free whereas shells never created a goal chance and only scored 9 or 10 points from play . 5 from midfielders .
i think kk scored 2 goal 10 point from play .
kk create a amount of scoring chance but they had a huge wind tally . c slevin was injuried come into the game and d currams got a heavy knock .
the ref seen to unsettle them by giving so many doggy free to shells and at the same time kk struggled to get genuine frees untill the last free in injury time which led to the goal . i dont think it was a free .
shell were lucky then c kiely really should have won it when currams game him a wonderfull pass and he sent it wide but 20 minutes later kiely did the job with a class point .
yes they were lucky but how many offaly team would have fought to the end when everything was going wrong .and the ref was on their back .
that game will stand to them

joe bloggs
All Star

Post by joe bloggs »

I thought the last free in normal time awarded to KK was a 'crimanal' decision by the Kilkenny official 8) .

Aside from that well done to KK.
'if your not part of the solution, your part of the problem' J. McClean

first_touch
All Star

Post by first_touch »

I wonder did many of ye listen to the commentary on Midlands Radio of the match. I thought it was shocking bad. I was tearing my hair out trying to follow what was happening. The worst bit was at the end where he told us there was a line ball to KK, then thirty seconds of virtual silence and then a roar "Wide". It was only on watching deferred coverage on TG4 that it became clear that Shelmaliers had broke down the field and missed an easy point opportunity. This standard of commentating is simply not acceptable. In fairness Jack Nolan's commentary on the Rathdowny-Errill game was far superior.

ryot
All Star
Club: Doon

Post by ryot »

Only saw it on TG4 but have to agree with lads who saw ref was brutal,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Currams was pulled dragged & hit and never got a free.

KK missed a lot of handy point chances and a few goal chances even if the Shiels keeper made a few excellent stops, Conor Slevin was redundant apart from puck outs,,,,,,,,,, thanks in large part to Ger Helion who was my MOTM with Kiely not far behind. Great to see them pull it off....

Please dont thke the next game lightly !!!!!!!!!!!!

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

Oh Hello! Look where James Gorman is standing prior to and when he fields the ball before scoring the equalising goal!
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

timber
All Star

Post by timber »

joe bloggs wrote:I thought the last free in normal time awarded to KK was a 'crimanal' decision by the Kilkenny official 8) .

Aside from that well done to KK.

Yes hate to say it but that free at the end was a lucky call for KK. I only saw it the once but at the time thought it could of gone the other way. If it did, it would of been a handy score and game over. Amazing the difference one call can have.

KK were certainly hard done by for 2 or 3 frees that I recall but the main one went their way. An Offaly team were long overdue a bit of luck down in wexford park.

I did not think Shemaliers were overly physical. Maybe a lot went on off the ball that I missed. But KK can expect an even more physical battle against Raharney. They will have to be up for it and get more out of their attack.

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

first_touch wrote:I wonder did many of ye listen to the commentary on Midlands Radio of the match. I thought it was shocking bad. I was tearing my hair out trying to follow what was happening. The worst bit was at the end where he told us there was a line ball to KK, then thirty seconds of virtual silence and then a roar "Wide". It was only on watching deferred coverage on TG4 that it became clear that Shelmaliers had broke down the field and missed an easy point opportunity. This standard of commentating is simply not acceptable. In fairness Jack Nolan's commentary on the Rathdowny-Errill game was far superior.
I was thinking the exact same thing, I was in the car on the way back from covering a game in Athlone and couldn't make head or tail of what was going on. No description of who had the ball, where it was on the field, or even announcing the score when the studio went over to them. It was immensely frustrating, and as you say, the contrast with Jack Nolan was very obvious.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

sam88885a
All Star

Post by sam88885a »

timber .kk hard done by for 2 or 3 frees ,
are u joking , shemailers were physical and very fit but they got away with lots of pulling and grabing the handle of kk lads hurl when they were striking .
i think that game will stand to kk the next day lads that had great a county final were well below their best b leonard d kilmartain c mahon d currams j gorman,
better play badly and win than play well and loose.
i always think u MAKE UR OWN LUCK
KK CREATED 6 OR 7 GOAL CHANCES they scored 2 but with a bit of luck and a different ref that could have been 5 GOALS wheras shemailers only scored 4 or 5 point from play from their 6 forwards .
kk would have won easily if they took their chances and if the ref was fair to them but that didnt happen and they still won .
i heard the radio commentry was frustrating but to be fair there was a lot of rucks with up to 8 guy involved . both team battled hard for each ball and there was very little open hurling so there were periods where no one had the ball .
it could be easy to describe and wexford radio also struggled

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

it was some battle as i knew it would be playing a wexford team at home is never easy, and this game will stand to them. the two Healions were outstanding pity offaly didn't hurl Ger on Banvillie in 2009 in wexford park he walked out over him on sunday, Kielty this lad will get better i belive unreal winner and every point was as good as the last. some support for k/k i have to say will all the years following Birr and other teams in the club championship i never seen such support for an away side and down in wexford to.

were even a few from clonaslee there to :lol: with all the talk about toilets in Birr, see where the toilets mens were out of order sunday :lol: this game will bring them on a ton after winning a handy county final that game will stand to them for the next day only 60 minutes from another leinster final.

sam88885a
All Star

Post by sam88885a »

townman i agree kk support was unreal , just shows the hunger offaly people have for hurling . the have been starved for years ar county level . there are lots from birr clareen coolderry shinrone and rynagh that want to see good hurling and wexford just was too far but they will go to mullingar sunday week .
d owens keeps saying that kk are representing offaly hurling and sunday showed there is life in offaly hurling yet

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

sam88885a wrote:townman i agree kk support was unreal , just shows the hunger offaly people have for hurling . the have been starved for years ar county level . there are lots from birr clareen coolderry shinrone and rynagh that want to see good hurling and wexford just was too far but they will go to mullingar sunday week .
d owens keeps saying that kk are representing offaly hurling and sunday showed there is life in offaly hurling yet
Lots from Birr, Clareen , Coolderry , Shinrone , Rynagh that want to see good hurling !! , so the lads that I know that went to Wexford from Killeigh , Edenderry , Daingean and Rhode I suppose they just went looking for strawberries did they ! No journey should be to far to follow and support a good club team like KK , they did the Whole county proud before and I have no doubt they will keep fighting . There is hunger in the whole county for Offaly hurlers to be back at the top , we are absolutely starving up here in the so called wrong end of the county .

sam88885a
All Star

Post by sam88885a »

put it the wrong way kingscounty
the journey was too far for lads from the" hurling " clubs but there were lots from north offaly hurling supporters there . i hope there are more from the" hurling " end of offaly support kk and offaly hurling the next day .
this kk team deserve everyone support , they did themselves proud and offaly hurling proud on sunday .