Minor Football 2015

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
club125
Senior

Re: Minor Football 2015

Post by club125 »

How many of the Ferbane players are from Shannonbridge?

Daleamar
County player

Post by Daleamar »

Ferbane/Belmont underage is it?

Do Shannonbridge all play with Ferbane or what is the story??

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

They do, up to minor. At under-21 they join up with St Rynaghs to make up Shannon Gaels, while Ferbane play as Wheery, taking in any players from Birr that want to be part of it.

I was covering the Shamrocks JHC game on Saturday so didn't get in to see the final, so I couldn't say how many Shannonbridge players were on the team. The average number in most of these underage sides would be four or five out of fifteen, though I'd be open to correction on that in the last year or two since I moved to Dysart and joined St Aidans here.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

jimbob17
All Star

Post by jimbob17 »

Thought McEvoy in midfield was excellent in final and amazing he couldnt make the Offaly minor panel this year. Is there many of that Ferbane team underage again next year. They seemed very big and strong compared with Edenderry. How many of the Edewnderry team are avilable next year.....I know Adam Mahon is gone but is there many others gone? Any word on the minor football Offaly job? Should have been sorted weeks ago seen as most counties are up and moving already for next year
jimbob

club125
Senior

Post by club125 »

Would you believe 5 of the starting Edenderry 15 are U16 so they have 2 years left Minor. In reality Edenderry shouldn't be in a position whereby its fielding U16's on a Minor Team and would have the pick to field a team of 18 year olds. However, its increasingly difficult to retain players when the games programme is so poor.

Offaly minor leagues and cahmpionsh delayed at the whim of the County Minor Manager - was it woth it? I don't think so. We would be better off with a very competitive league that includes all players which will lift the standard across the board. A closed Minor Panel treated the same way as seniors i.e. told to stay away from club action serves no purpose.

Buttons
All Star
Club: Club

Post by Buttons »

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=228329

Its good that he knows the players and achieved success with them, lets hope it is repeated in 2015