Rhode in Leinster - 2014

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
mickey
Senior
Club: ferbane

Re: Rhode in Leinster - 2014

Post by mickey »

And the rhode goalie he having a great year "young"alan mcnamee still going very strong. They are still tanked as well outsiders at 10 to 1 not sure if it's worth a punt with Vincent going so well

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

townman wrote:good win the underdog tag suites Rhode this year.
What? Rhode have been favourites for every match they've played so far. They haven't been underdogs for any game yet.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

summerindublin
All Star
Club: New York

Post by summerindublin »

Yes, Rhode were 8/11 favs yesterday and 4/7 in the match against St. Pats, Moorefield might be slight favs the next day, hope so as i'll have a good bet on RHode, I thought rhode were impressive yesterday and never panicked, ref was very poor, roll on Sunday week.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

Lone Shark wrote:
What? Rhode have been favourites for every match they've played so far. They haven't been underdogs for any game yet.
yesterdays sunday world had them wrote off and that meath champions navan omahonys would win
plus Dublins Keith Barr wrote them off to on saturdays indo and also said meath football is in a better place than offalys, it was nice to prove a few wrong,

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

townman wrote:
Lone Shark wrote:
yesterdays sunday world had them wrote off and that meath champions navan omahonys would win
plus Dublins Keith Barr wrote them off to on saturdays indo and also said meath football is in a better place than offalys, it was nice to prove a few wrong,
Agree totally , Mars Barr wrote them off the last day too , only answer to them all is to keep winning.

mickey
Senior

Post by mickey »

Regardless who wins with moorefield and rhode it won't matter vincents will walk leinster and probably all ireland

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

townman wrote:
Lone Shark wrote:
FFS, Keith Barr and the Sunday World are now the oracle on gaelic games analysis!

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

they are only second to you Board na mona man :lol:

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

[quote="mickey"]Regardless who wins with moorefield and rhode it won't matter vincents will walk leinster and probably all ireland[/quote

they said the same about Dublin this year the team that did beat them didnt even win the all ireland after, portlaoise have been poor enough all year in laois and are not the side they were over the years. Vincents would be favourites alright and are a top side but i don't think they would walk a final again either Rhode or moorefield.

timber
All Star

Post by timber »

Rhode have a massive challenge ahead of them against Moorefield. The very best of luck to them. They will have to up it another notch to get over this one.

mickey
Senior

Post by mickey »

Moorefield I heard were very impressive sunday

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

townman wrote:
Lone Shark wrote:
That's the kind of lazy black and white thinking that drives me utterly up the wall. I didn't read the Sunday World, largely because I have no interest in finding out where Declan Nerney or Nathan Carter is playing this week and they don't seem to offer a whole lot else by way of factual information, but I'd be curious now simply because this is what was in the Indo, and it's nothing close to "writing off" at all.
Liam Kelly wrote:Barr, an astute observer of the game, summed up his verdict of the pairing on his Leinster GAA blog, saying: "O'Mahonys have ambition to do well in this campaign, and I think they will come out on top on Sunday by a narrow margin.

"Rhode will have no fear and will welcome back Brian Darby after his honeymoon, but I think the O'Mahonys side will edge through."
Tipping one side by a narrow margin - how in the name of all that's holy is that writing off?

As for Meath football being in a better place than Offaly, well that's hardly a revelation. We haven't beaten them in a championship game since 2000, they're two divisions ahead of us in the league, they played in Leinster minor, senior and under-21 finals in the last few years and while their club sides haven't won Leinster in yonks, we've to go back nearly thirty years to find our last Leinster winner. I'd say as statements go, Meath football being in a better place than than Offaly right now is a pretty solid fact.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

mickey
Senior

Post by mickey »

Can rode beat moorefield though? Or is it a step to far

turk
All Star

Post by turk »

Bord na Mona man wrote:
FFS, Keith Barr and the Sunday World are now the oracle on gaelic games analysis!
I remember the time you phoned into TV3's now defunct late night sports show and verbally abused Keith Barr live on air. Aidan Cooney was shocked!

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

his lucky brother Johnny didn't come after him with a gun. :lol: :lol: