Admission prices to offaly gaa games

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
tacmot
Senior

Admission prices to offaly gaa games

Post by tacmot »

Hi lads just wondering could someone help me with this , I was in attendance 2weeks ago at the county junior A semi final SEIR KIERAN v CLARA in Rath , admission fee was 5 euro great value . Chatting a mate of mine at the weekend who was at the other semi final in our County pitch OCP , between KILLIEGH and B/DURROW and he was charged the sum of 8 euro, both matches were single fixtures.
Now i know that clubs were issued a few years ago with price guidelines for admission to gaa matches but both these couldnt be correct, Is it that our good friends in Drumcullen were been very generous or that OCP needed that extra 3 euro to cover some costs :shock:

hawksforever
Junior B
Club: clara

Re: Admission prices to offaly gaa games

Post by hawksforever »

Replay in Kilcormac was 8e , so looks like the good people of Drumcullen got it wrong or used their brains and charged what should have been the correct admission of 5e for a junior semi final .
also have been told that a club charged 5e for an under age girls semi final only a few weeks ago ( neutral venue )

offalyman
Senior

Post by offalyman »

Killurin are the biggest robbers when it comes to club matches... 8 euro into a junior b semi final a few weeks ago and what really bugged me was there was a young lad infront of me... id say he was 16/17 and your wan at the gate made him pay the 8 euro in aswell...and a tenner into a junior b final last year.. Rip off...money grabbers..

joe bloggs
All Star

Post by joe bloggs »

All prices are set by the county board. It is obvious that Drumcullen charged the wrong rate.

Lads here often moan about poor spending on county teams, while also giving out about admission prices. Match gates are the main source of revenue for the county board, and the rates are no more expensive than elsewhere really.
'if your not part of the solution, your part of the problem' J. McClean