Offaly GAA is in Some State

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
townman
All Star

Offaly GAA is in Some State

Post by townman »

besides to night's another record defeat for offaly and what will follow saturday night in the hurling
we have hit rock bottom. i feel sorry for them chaps tonight to be at the end of that beating they will never recover or see where they can move forward. but enough is enough we have to start from the top and thats the county board. the whole country is talking about them the way they are running things and things are not right with the players and county board as they have came out and said as much in the press. after to night it can't get lower a once proud county is left in tatters with nothing been done to change it sad times Offaly Gaa R.I.P. :(

Truth as i see it
All Star

Re: Offaly GAA is in Some State

Post by Truth as i see it »

townman wrote:besides to night's another record defeat for offaly and what will follow saturday night in the hurling
we have hit rock bottom. i feel sorry for them chaps tonight to be at the end of that beating they will never recover or see where they can move forward. but enough is enough we have to start from the top and thats the county board. the whole country is talking about them the way they are running things and things are not right with the players and county board as they have came out and said as much in the press. after to night it can't get lower a once proud county is left in tatters with nothing been done to change it sad times Offaly Gaa R.I.P. :(
Ah quit whinging and go do something about it

Truth as i see it
All Star

Post by Truth as i see it »

townman wrote:besides to night's another record defeat for offaly and what will follow saturday night in the hurling
Ah quit whinging and go do something about it

Clueless
Junior C

Post by Clueless »

Astonishing really.

How low can Offaly go? We must have reached Rock bottom now.

fifitrixiebelle
All Star

Post by fifitrixiebelle »

ah jaysus lads twas worse b4 '71....ye hadn't won anytin in over 80 yrs. maybe 1 minor.

for 30 yrs ye had unprecedented success. now yeer back with nothin won 15 yrs....dats only a cupla minutes in biffo gaa timeline

allstar2010
All Star

Post by allstar2010 »

Super crowd in OCP tonight must have got to them or maybe the long layoff didn't help.... But don't know if any of ye seen it last night on twitter from the official offaly gaa account "@Offaly_GAA: We have heard all of your criticism; now let’s see you're support for our minor football team tomorrow evening in O'Connor Park @ 7.30pm" that left a bad taste in the mouth I must say.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

Not fcuking Whinging its the likes of you that think it will be alright and just turn the cheek and look the other way. you can't say anything here about the the county because its delete off
i tell we are the only county that would put up with this shit, where is the spirit from the county gone that sat on the field after the early whistle in 1998, its worse whats going on at the county board.

as for doing something its a click in their and will always be they just change around jobs each year but the same people are still there and this shit has happen on their watch and has been the last 8 years or more.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

It could get a hell of a lot worse and who says we've hit rock bottom!
Let's have everyone pulling together to try and turn things around.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

your joking here Bord na mona man, could be alot worse, we won no games in fooball senior championship or league, a O'Bryne cup win over UCD, thats about it, under 21's after a shock win over kildare were well beaten by Meath, minor result tonight, hurling draw again Limerick one win over Antrims under 21's in tullamore, lost the play off in Ballycastle, had to sit in thurles and watch kerry race into a 7 point lead and play a sweeper again them this is kerry we are talking about and its hurling not football.

then roll on skysports in Nowlan park i though i never see a display like in croker in 2005 again this was worse, minors beating for the 3rd year in a row by laois, under 21's look like they got together in apub the evening of the match in fairness our joke of a county board only got someone over them 3 weeks before the game just to save money :oops: . so if you think it can get a lot worse on the field of play Bord na mona man and we are not rock bottom, fucking hell i don't want to be around to see it get any worse but it will with the county board we have, with the crowds of 50 or 60 if we are lucky that will be watching next year. but sure like everything says i am talking bull and everything is rosie in offaly Gaa just look at how good O'Connor park is looking its a credit to the county board never mind about our teams look at the job that is been done. :( isn't it.

uibhfhaili
County player

Post by uibhfhaili »

Hitting rock bottom is having your senior hurling side hammered by an understrength Galway U21 side in a challenge match.

Daleamar
County player

Post by Daleamar »

We have to take the 'pressure' from the adult grades and not be expecting to win games.

We should go to the matches with a sense of 'pride' that at least we are here and the players have 'thanklessly' trained very hard since last September.

We have given 'everything' we had and left 'nothing' on the field, 'to a man'.

We are 'too small of a county' to compete anyway.

Its the county boards fault, we have nowhere to train and we have to travel the whole way to Mullingar to train. The expenses barely cover it and sure it takes 2 months to receive the expenses.

Sure other counties are way ahead of our current side as we are only a new/young side and it will take a few years to catch up physically. (This ones my favourite).

Sure theres no support within the county. (We must be the worst supporters in the country).

Why aren't you out there? Why don't you train? You have never played senior. (I never had the chance. I wasn't invited. This is true)

IN CONCLUSION,

Offaly is a horrible county to be from/play for. Those that go through the torture of training/playing should be admired regardless of performance. The supporters are, well you name it.

Truesupporter
Junior A

Post by Truesupporter »

Dalemar, we do not have to go to Mullingar to train, the agreed ground for football training is Clara, and Banagher for hurling. Players are NOT left waiting for 2 months for expenses if they submit them properly. For too long these rubbish stories have been circulating. Players travel expenses came to almost 90,000 euro last year and were paid. Players want for nothing. Some panels have psychologists, acupuncturists etc. So please desist from rumours that are not true.

Daleamar
County player

Post by Daleamar »

Truesupporter wrote:Dalemar, we do not have to go to Mullingar to train, the agreed ground for football training is Clara, and Banagher for hurling. Players are NOT left waiting for 2 months for expenses if they submit them properly. For too long these rubbish stories have been circulating. Players travel expenses came to almost 90,000 euro last year and were paid. Players want for nothing. Some panels have psychologists, acupuncturists etc. So please desist from rumours that are not true.
My sarcasm was obviously lost on you.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

Truesupporter wrote:Dalemar, we do not have to go to Mullingar to train, the agreed ground for football training is Clara, and Banagher for hurling. Players are NOT left waiting for 2 months for expenses if they submit them properly. For too long these rubbish stories have been circulating. Players travel expenses came to almost 90,000 euro last year and were paid. Players want for nothing. Some panels have psychologists, acupuncturists etc. So please desist from rumours that are not true.
so Niall Mac and Brian Carroll plus the two mangers are telling lies so about no where to train why don't the county board take them up on it so. also i know a county player who had to wait 6 weeks for player travel expense and had to drive to Certain mans house 3 time's for it the first 2 times he hadn't the manners to tell the lad he wouldn't be there. you can sugar coated all you want Truesupporter we are a disgrace at county board level, and didn't the hurlers have to go to outside
Abbeyleix to train during the year thats along way from Banagher last time i look Abbeyleix was i laois :roll:

Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by Ahlethimoutwithit »

Yes they were telling lies if they said it in the way you said it Townman.

Offaly had to travel outside the county on a few occasions due to the terrible wet weather during the early Spring. Fact, and this is the point they made.

What you are suggesting that Mullingar & Abbeyleix are our training bases? Cop on man.

County Board should pull €5m out of their cash box and build a place for our lads to train? Sur tis only chicken feed!

90000 paid over 6 months, €3500 a week would pay for a nice bit of Petoral & Daysil. Lots of ludicrous stories rolling around the place.

CB is not the best , but lads keep it real too with your statements.