Change of perspective on CB

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Truth as i see it
All Star

Change of perspective on CB

Post by Truth as i see it »

You know its funny i started a thread just recently stating how the county board aren't capable of coming up with ideas or structures to bring Offaly gaa Forward and then i run across this on the Edenderry Website with regards to underage hurling

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Briain Nolan, Daniel Lowry, Devidas Sidlauskas & Jakub Balasiewicz will attend the Offaly GAA Coaching & Games 8 week Hurling player development academy for players who will turn 13 year olds this year.

Players will receive instruction in skills sessions, an introduction to strength & conditioning, an introduction to correct running form & advice, an introduction to sports psychology, nutritional advice and of course games.

The academy will run for 8 weeks in a row with all players invited to attend all 8 weeks commencing Tuesday 8th of July at 3.30pm in Kilcormac under John Leahy's coordination. We wish the Edenderry representatives the very best.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This sounds like a promising initiative and i unreservedly apollogise to the county board if they read this for saying they are incapable of initiating any structures capable of bringing the county forward, i must give credit where it is due this sounds like a major step in the right direction.

It occurs to me that the county board do want to move things forward but perhaps they are (at the risk of making further misinformed accusations) not the best at communicating it to the fan base at times when it comes to getting the word out on such initiatives

By the way i along with Lone Shark and others respect the work and the effort of the county board and the players but like every fan who cares my frustration gets the better of me when i see a lack of progress at times.

Hopefully this is a sign of things to come from the county board and Offaly Gaa moving forward

Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

Re: Change of perspective on CB

Post by Ahlethimoutwithit »

You now know how frustrating for CB it must be to see Niall Mc stating that they got "no support" from the top also when there is 120k spent on gear/physio etc.
It also is frustrating for people who are helping out with clubs, and working hard to develop players in such a toxic environment as exists out there now.

There is also a football equivalent of this and it is communicated to the clubs, (with all due respect Truth, unless you are u13 you cant attend so I guess this is why you didnt get the call!!).
But yes, it would be nice to see a note on the county board website about what is going on at development squad level. I would suggest that ye contact yer local club and find out when , where they train and go along for a look and inform yourselves as to what is going on out there.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

Apparently 53 attended, which is fantastic. Hopefully they found it worthwhile the remaining seven sessions have a similar attendance.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Truth as i see it
All Star

Post by Truth as i see it »

Ahlethimoutwithit wrote:You now know how frustrating for CB it must be to see Niall Mc stating that they got "no support" from the top also when there is 120k spent on gear/physio etc.
It also is frustrating for people who are helping out with clubs, and working hard to develop players in such a toxic environment as exists out there now.

There is also a football equivalent of this and it is communicated to the clubs, (with all due respect Truth, unless you are u13 you cant attend so I guess this is why you didnt get the call!!).
But yes, it would be nice to see a note on the county board website about what is going on at development squad level. I would suggest that ye contact yer local club and find out when , where they train and go along for a look and inform yourselves as to what is going on out there.
I take you're point i know that it can be disheartening for the CB when they put work in and not have it recognized and maybe fans (including me) should keep this in mind when commenting on this forum so lesson learned but i just think that if they let fans know whats going on within the county in particular with regards to underage development, i think the fans would cut them a lot more slack, i understand that they are (CB) not obligated to tell the fans what they are doing but i think all fans want is to know is that they are trying to address the situation at underage with purpose and not just paying lip service to it

manfromdelmonte
All Star

Post by manfromdelmonte »

all it would take is a column in the local papers or website.
with underage news and developments highlighted
only the best...

bula bula
All Star

Post by bula bula »

We have heard all of your criticism; now show your support for our minor football team tomorrow night in Tullamore @7 30. That's a tweet from offaly gaa official Twitter. So they are listening! Bit of a dig at poor support for the team's in that tweet maybe??
"Ohhh mamma!"

Offalys Future
All Star

Post by Offalys Future »

Plain of the Herbs wrote:Apparently 53 attended, which is fantastic. Hopefully they found it worthwhile the remaining seven sessions have a similar attendance.
This is great congrats to all involved. Hope to make next weeks session myself - anybody know location and time?
" In The Presence Of Confidence Doubt Cannot Exist "

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

The annual All-Ireland underage tournaments take place his weekend. Offaly U14s travel to Waterford where they are grouped with Galway and hosts Waterford. Offaly U16s travel to Tipperary where they are grouped with Wexford, Clare and Dublin.

I note the Kilkenny, Galway and Cork boards have posted their squads on their respective websites, so evidently they are well organised. Where do Offaly stand in terms of organisation this year, I wonder?
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Anfearban
Junior A

Post by Anfearban »

Plain of the Herbs wrote:The annual All-Ireland underage tournaments take place his weekend. Offaly U14s travel to Waterford where they are grouped with Galway and hosts Waterford. Offaly U16s travel to Tipperary where they are grouped with Wexford, Clare and Dublin.

I note the Kilkenny, Galway and Cork boards have posted their squads on their respective websites, so evidently they are well organised. Where do Offaly stand in terms of organisation this year, I wonder?
As far as I know there has been a lot of prep work done in Clare with 7 teams for U14a+b/15a+b/16a+b/17 competitions. U14s training since the start of July.

old yellar
All Star

Post by old yellar »

Dont forget your u15 hurlers too who play us, carlow, in ferns on saturday in our competition.

tmorelad
Junior B

Post by tmorelad »

Could any body please tell me why there are only three rounds played in the under 14 hurling and football championships surely the time to play these games was in July and August now we are in a situation where kids are back at school looking to play soccer and rugby and the evenings are fairly fecked :?: :roll: