Offaly vs Tipperary - 2014 All-Ireland SHC qualifier Round 2

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Buck Face
Senior
Club: Mullingar

Re: Offaly vs Tipperary - 2014 All-Ireland SHC qualifier Rou

Post by Buck Face »

I also know dat it doesn't mean dat commentators hav to go to another match when dere own team is playin.
Erm...so you know what it's called but you don't know what it means then?

And for the record - Liam Sheedy was also in Wexford Park as part of the RTE team along with your beloved Mr. Duignan and missed his former team playing 'live' in Portlaoise but yet -

Fifitrixiebelle made no mention of sheedy co-commentating at all dat day. but he did of critcisin of de Duignan for the sort of tings he does be lookin elsewhere when Tipp is playin, funny dat.
has sheedy or Farrell commentated on a match while dere own county is playin championship at the same time? i don't tink so.
D'oh!

fifitrixiebelle
All Star

Post by fifitrixiebelle »

whatever. deres no one in tipp givin out about the size of the tipp support...poor n all as the team has been dere still following dem. sheedy prob reckoned
deyd win anyway.

lads here are givin out about poor offaly crowds tho. all duignan being in wexford does is add to the feelin dat no-one gives a duck. esp when hes a great man to tell others what dey shud be doin

Buttons
All Star
Club: Club

Post by Buttons »

The big following for the minors and the beating they got put a lot of people off going to portlaoise .

The poor offaly following has always been mentioned, remember 98 and the part 1 vs clare and they said it was a very small offaly crowd. They never mentioned anything though when we were sitting on pitch at the replay.

joe bloggs
All Star

Post by joe bloggs »

fifitrixiebelle wrote:whatever. deres no one in tipp givin out about the size of the tipp support...poor n all as the team has been dere still following dem. sheedy prob reckoned
deyd win anyway.

lads here are givin out about poor offaly crowds tho. all duignan being in wexford does is add to the feelin dat no-one gives a duck. esp when hes a great man to tell others what dey shud be doin
It must be jamsie O'Connor's fault so too that flare were bet, seeing as he was at in portlaois with sky, instead of Wexford Park
'if your not part of the solution, your part of the problem' J. McClean

fifitrixiebelle
All Star

sky are a different kettle of blind horses, only de 2 boys involved & obviously under contract for all de matches, not a floating panel like rte hav.

& clare wudnt be a good comparison wit 3 AIs won in de last 2 yrs. jamsie bein dere or not makes no diff to dem.

but wit the caliphate of el sid on its knees seeing its biggest windbag stayin away is bad karma indeed. worse than his Kilkenny arsekissin. he shud stick by his men (& his man el sid) in dere hour of pain.

de man shud also learn what irony is. goin on about de great work being done in Wexford by all the former all-Ireland winnin players & he sittin on his arse down in wexford pk....oh lord

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

and where is Liam Sheedy sitting most sundays when tipp are hurling on his arse with RTE, also saying give EOS a chance after limerick beat them for the second year in a row, Sheedy's no fool got out just the right time as he knew that the tipp team that won the 2010 all ireland were way over rated and time has and will show he was right. in a few weeks time when they flop again they will have all the time in the world to go on the piss in thurles and do their best hurling on the bar stools in thurles in which they are good at. as for the footballers i think they have done really well and are a fine team its a pity they won't get much support as they have more belly than some on the hurling team, but sure football is only laugh at in some parts of tipp.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

fifitrixiebelle wrote:
Muck Savage wrote: It's called a contract with the TV station you dim-wit, but I guess from the way you wrote the post you wouldn't know much about them
dats mr dim-wit to you. I know what its called & I also know dat it doesn't mean dat commentators hav to go to another match when dere own team is playin. hav you ever seen any other fella doin it? hav you ever seen brolly on de panel when his own useless county are playin - at least spillane is dere when Kerry play. has sheedy or Farrell commentated on a match while dere own county is playin championship at the same time? i don't tink so.

duignan made almost no mention of offaly at all dat day. but he did plenty of critcisin of de ref for the sort of tings he does be lookin elsewhere when gavin is reffin, funny dat.
fifi think before you post pet Sheedy was also in wexford park the same day offaly and tipp hurl in portlaoise yes like Duignan they are getting dosh for it.

fifitrixiebelle
All Star

townman wrote:and where is Liam Sheedy sitting most sundays when tipp are hurling on his arse with RTE, also saying give EOS a chance after limerick beat them for the second year in a row, Sheedy's no fool got out just the right time as he knew that the tipp team that won the 2010 all ireland were way over rated and time has and will show he was right. in a few weeks time when they flop again they will have all the time in the world to go on the piss in thurles and do their best hurling on the bar stools in thurles in which they are good at. as for the footballers i think they have done really well and are a fine team its a pity they won't get much support as they have more belly than some on the hurling team, but sure football is only laugh at in some parts of tipp.
ah you've woken up again townman...sumtin happen recently to depress ya or what? :wink:

your back talkin bout other counties batin tipp I see. yerselves had yer chance agin a half-awake tipp last sunday week & what happened? was dat a seventeen point batin ye got or am I wrong? we don't talk bout what other counties do.....none of dis 'up kilkenny' stuff weve heard yeer supporters at. so lets talk bout our counties....how many times have ye bet us - & how many times hav we bet ye? now dats de interestin question.... ye were lucky tipp went aisy on ye above in portlaoise or yed hav got the mother of all batins. :lol:
I don't hold much hope for tipp winnin an ai wit dis team but a lot of dem lads hav the full set of medals, minor u21 & senior, sumtin no biffo has....EVER! plus dere in an ai quarter final - when were ye last in wan? whatever dere drinkin habits which you know so much about they havnt arses on dem like dat centreback ye had last day, a mile behind bonner & batin him wit the hurley. as your de expert in social habits....tell us where he got his arse, pub or atein or both? :D

tipp hav a fine football team? twasnt long ago you were tellin us all bout div4.

tipp football is 'only a laugh in some parts of tipp'? de whole country is crackin dere holes at offaly football & hurling.... :mrgreen:

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

won't be long till you go into hiding again like after the league final and munster semil final, with a bit of luck tipp will get to the final and we can see them shit themselfs again like the last 3 years.

allstar2010
All Star

Post by allstar2010 »

townman wrote:won't be long till you go into hiding again like after the league final and munster semil final, with a bit of luck tipp will get to the final and we can see them shit themselfs again like the last 3 years.
Will u stop replying to that clown, he'll soon go away! Yes we all hate tipp like every other county and he's prime example of why they are so hated.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

your right i am worse to reply to the gobshit thats the last can we not delete him, if you were on sutter view on tipps site you be gone after 1 post if you said a word again tipp.

fifitrixiebelle
All Star

townman wrote:won't be long till you go into hiding again like after the league final and munster semil final, with a bit of luck tipp will get to the final and we can see them shit themselfs again like the last 3 years.
or maybe one of yer refs could do it for ye. but not on the sod of the hurling pitch townsman...we do it to ye every time dere, rite? :roll:
funny ya mention de league final...ya remember the '88 wan when we handed yer arses to ye? ye won wan after dat....around '90. is it really nearly a quarter of a century since ye were in wan? keep talkin about dose defeats weve had townman (tho not by ye).... :lol:
townman wrote:your right i am worse to reply to the gobshit thats the last can we not delete him, if you were on sutter view on tipps site you be gone after 1 post if you said a word again tipp.
I hav no idea what 'sutter view' is or means. but if its premierview dats a lot of nonsense...just like de lads quoting kk fellas on it & pretendin dey were tipp. tipp team gets an awful doin over dere from all sorts & no one is banned.

bit funny dat the lad who started talkin shite about tipp players social habits is talkin bout dat. plenty of similar crap here about the offaly players....but you don't see me at that shite.

oh & allstar2010, nobody hates offaly. how could dey...dey bate NOBODY!!! :oops:

Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by Ahlethimoutwithit »

In fairness to Duignan he is involved with his club, and it do you well to remember that he is raising a pair of teenagers himself with committments to meet.
SO i'm sure he will do what he has to do to protect his RTE role, and appear where they need him.

Either way, disgraceful crowd at the match from Offaly, and Duignan has every right to comment as he see's it.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

[quote="Ahlethimoutwithit"]In fairness to Duignan he is involved with his club, and it do you well to remember that he is raising a pair of teenagers himself with committments to meet.
SO i'm sure he will do what he has to do to protect his RTE role, and appear where they need him.

Either way, disgraceful crowd at the match from Offaly, and Duignan has every right to comment as he see's it.[/quote

you have to look at it another way, i'd say alot who went to kikenny didn't go to portlaoise, times are hard at the minute and a man with a few kids maybe the wife the cost of disel food pay to get into the match and you know in your heart and soul the match will be over after 20 minutes.

but offaly suport is shit most of the time, let it be hurling football o'connor park is a graveyard most days so much for your county ground, i know a few from comer who didnt go to watch the game in nowlan park as they knew it would be over at half time and were waiting for the Galway game.

Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by Ahlethimoutwithit »

Cost is a fair point, but not for many. Tickets are relatively cheap, harldy huge need to dine out out in Portlaoise, only an hour drive from the furthest part of the county. Ah no, we have a miserable shower who would prefer to be at home preaching about all that is wrong. There was a spell 15 mins into the second half where Offaly were pushing hard and an Offaly player turned to the terrace trying to urge on the crowd, sadly there wasnt a murmur, sure what noise can a few hundred scattered around make. At that time I really felt a large degree of sympathy for the players out there.

Look tis true that people have no choice in these times but to forego matches, but that sort of turn out is just pathetic.

Tipp looked good yesterday and were talking down their chance against Cork. I think they are well equipped to take Cork, as the games will have brought them on. On the other side, what about Dublin, they were woeful? And were completely inept against KK too. How can Daly continue here? They have gone backways, with the scariest thing, the lack of passion and intensity after the performance v KK.
I think O'Shea was accused of playing down Tipps chances but in fairness he said the truth, that Dublin never performed and as such Tipp werent really tested.

Both semis have potential to be crackers and will try to get to the Cork Tipp game.