Offaly vs Tipperary - 2014 All-Ireland SHC qualifier Round 2

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
kingscounty
All Star

Re: Offaly vs Tipperary - 2014 All-Ireland SHC qualifier Rou

Post by kingscounty »

Its a disgrace the way lads come on here and single players out and then talk bull about why such a lad isn't on the team. Players playing with any team county or club have the right to come and go and do what they like without their every move been watched and noted. Get out tomorrow night and hurl your best and give it everything and drown out everything else there will always be someone to knock lads down , even the day before the match , UNREAL.

flyingsaucer
Junior B

Post by flyingsaucer »

[quote="kingscounty"]Its a disgrace the way lads come on here and single players out and then talk bull........

Well said , people tend to forget these lads are only amateurs ,who give up a lot of there time ,From last November till now to hurl for there county , we should be behind our players not criticising them .

Sharp Eye
All Star

Post by Sharp Eye »

kaiserchief wrote:
Toxicity234 wrote:James Dempsey
Niall Wynne, Rory Hanniffy, Chris McDonald
Emmett Nolan, Kevin Brady, Cathal Parlon
Sean Ryan, Dan Currams
Joe Bergin Capt, Conor Mahon, Colin Egan
Brian Carroll, David Kenny, Shane Dooley

Healion dropped. Brady centre back.
Morkan left of the team and Nolan starts.
Hanniffy back at full back.
3 from Birr.
3 from Coolderry.
2 from Kilcormac Killoughey.
2 from Belmont.
1 from Rynagh, Kinnitty, Brosna Galls, Clareen and Tullamore.

I have to agree. How in god's name is Sean Ryan starting. Did Whelan not see him in Ballycastle @ all. Does he not remember taking him off @ half time.
I just wonder would Sean Ryan get yet another chance if he was playing for Crinkle.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

Sharp Eye wrote:
kaiserchief wrote:
Toxicity234 wrote:James Dempsey
Niall Wynne, Rory Hanniffy, Chris McDonald
Emmett Nolan, Kevin Brady, Cathal Parlon
Sean Ryan, Dan Currams
Joe Bergin Capt, Conor Mahon, Colin Egan
Brian Carroll, David Kenny, Shane Dooley

Healion dropped. Brady centre back.
Morkan left of the team and Nolan starts.
Hanniffy back at full back.
3 from Birr.
3 from Coolderry.
2 from Kilcormac Killoughey.
2 from Belmont.
1 from Rynagh, Kinnitty, Brosna Galls, Clareen and Tullamore.

I have to agree. How in god's name is Sean Ryan starting. Did Whelan not see him in Ballycastle @ all. Does he not remember taking him off @ half time.
I just wonder would Sean Ryan get yet another chance if he was playing for Crinkle.

you could say the same about Kevin Brady and a few more that are there.

Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by Ahlethimoutwithit »

"I just wonder would Sean Ryan get yet another chance if he was playing for Crinkle."

I suppose he would as being from Crinkle, their is every chance he would turn in a "Crisp" performance :wink: :wink:

Get it? Crinkle....Crisp... ah well!!!

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

they are not as committed as other counties all you have to do is look at the fitness of our team. Ger Loughlane is a Shit but he call it right about the size and fitness of some of the offaly players . the first game in the league after Ger made them comments prove his point again laois with certain players way over weight for inter county hurling and he was prove right as they got a run around again laois.

even down in wexford park for the under 21 on the 25 of june their were about at least 7 player's who weren't at the races as far as fitness goes and some of them were in with the senior panel since january. fair enough they put in the time for the county but theres a few who are not letting other players a chance because of their Name and Club and thats a big problem in offaly over the years.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

Ahlethimoutwithit wrote:"I just wonder would Sean Ryan get yet another chance if he was playing for Crinkle."

I suppose he would as being from Crinkle, their is every chance he would turn in a "Crisp" performance :wink: :wink:

Get it? Crinkle....Crisp... ah well!!!
get it good one, we might as well have a laugh over it :D every other county is laughing at us we might as well join them, did you heard the one about sky not doing anymore offaly matches in nowlan park
not unless kilkenny get bouncing castles at half time to intertain the crowd at half time......... :lol: :lol:

onthefence
Intermediate
Club: intermediate

Post by onthefence »

I really hope this is better than Nolan park. will still go to the match but the thoughts of having to listen to the Tipp supporters even if we do perform well and loose by a few points.
I expect to stay with them for about 50 or 60 min and Tipp to pull away and will by about 10 in the end. hopefully we could sneek a goal or 2 early on and give them something to think about. very concerned about half back line not been able to win puck outs

allstar2010
All Star

Post by allstar2010 »

Interesting quote from Loughnane " a lot of the Offaly team are more recognisable than the Wexford players". Very true statement and those Wexford lads put up some performance last weekend. I think it shows us that when you run through the offaly we have a lot of great great players but for reason or another they are just not putting it in. Surely there is one collective team performance in them. Wouldn't it be great to witness Dooley or Bergin bang in 3 or 4 goals tomorrow, god knows they are capable!

Kevin
All Star

Post by Kevin »

allstar2010 wrote:Interesting quote from Loughnane " a lot of the Offaly team are more recognisable than the Wexford players". Very true statement and those Wexford lads put up some performance last weekend. I think it shows us that when you run through the offaly we have a lot of great great players but for reason or another they are just not putting it in. Surely there is one collective team performance in them. Wouldn't it be great to witness Dooley or Bergin bang in 3 or 4 goals tomorrow, god knows they are capable!
Yes, it would be great.

We can always hope.

No better time to catch fire.
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

Good luck and best wishes to all involved today , empty the tank .

ryot
All Star
Club: Doon

Post by ryot »

Bloody hell We get back to 2 pts & then a stupid line ball played into the middle instead of up the line

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

Playing a sweeper and hitting ball to spare Tipp man again , what is he at

backofthenet
All Star

Post by backofthenet »

Lads this is so disheartening tipp are walking through for goals. It's the same old same old

The forwards run around, tackle poorly to give away a free or let the man break the tackle, our backs try hard but hit the ball anywhere.

And most of all my biggest bugbear we are terrible at set pieces.

We had 3 line balls and none of them has gone more than 10 yards or above 1 yard in height. All three have went to tipp men, only one of them fumbled to Carroll for a point.

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

Tipp 5-25 Offaly 1-20 , another year with nothing .