Offaly vs Tipperary - 2014 All-Ireland SHC qualifier Round 2

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Re: Offaly vs Tipperary - 2014 All-Ireland SHC qualifier Rou

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

I saw a bit of Klare v Wexford, and Kilkenny v Dublin on d'telly. Apparently Wexford and Dublin both played with additional defenders. And I thought to myself - uh uh, this is going to give Sid ideas.
Toxicity234 wrote:We have to see the team and lets hope Whelehan has no ideas of bring back a sweeper.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

fifitrixiebelle
All Star

Post by fifitrixiebelle »

uibhfhaili wrote:Main topic for discussion on Premierview is where the quarter finals will be held as they clash with the Garth Brook's concerts.
always hate spoiling a good story with the truth but the above is a lot of spoof. far from being the main topic its the 10th. and the issue was raised by someone whos goin from Belfast to the quarters no matter whos in dem. dere then follows a discussion on where dey mite be depending on whos in dem

nice bit of playin to a gallery wit lads like Ahlethimoutwithit in it but be advised its a crock

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

And Fifi, any chance of explaining these ones, all quoted directly?
on a more serious note this is a good opportunity for o'shea to try out either curran or breen at full back,it would be great to have a few options at a problem position later on(with due respect to offaly),on second thoughts feck the respect we'll bate the shite out of them.
Look in reality this will be a straightforward victory. Just go up , win the game and lets go again. Offaly are a poor side and shouldn't live with us. Attitude needs to be right however , say all the right things in the media but behind the scenes demand a comfortable victory from the players.
Offaly are in a bad state at the moment. It's gonna be a nothing game where we win by how much we want.
Avoiding injuries and giving someone a run out at full back should be the order of the day here,
Target practice.

If Offaly play like they've been playing, Tipp would be better off trying out 15 fringe players and letting the others of for a round of club games, they'd get more of preparation.

Offaly are beyond shite at this stage.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Kemo Sabe
All Star

Post by Kemo Sabe »

Typical tipp !they beat a tired galway team and suddenly they are world beaters .they were poor against limerick .who we drew with .lets hope sid shows the players some of those comments to the players to fire them up and hope if any of our players are reading some of the negative comments on here they dont read to much into them .there is negative people in all walks of life !
great history hoping for a better future

sam88885a
All Star
Club: kk

Post by sam88885a »

The prize is huge here. the winner would be in a quarter final in croke park against dublin i think. looking it from a tipp view point they expect to make the semifinal now . all current form suggest an easy win for tipp so it ideal for an ambush .
looking at the draw it terrible for clare they would now need to beat wexford waterford and possible limerick in a quater final and then kilkenny in the semi final . if cork win the munster final they avoid clare and kilkeeny till september .
they semi final line up looks like it will be killkenny v clare and cork or limerick v tipperary
i think we have been lucky with both draws .
if we have a good plan
and man up especially against p maher bonner maher s callahan and l corlbert we have a chance . team selection will be important .
has bonner maher too much power for rory ? who will pick up lar? can c mahon do a simmilar job on p maher as he did when they meet at club level?
we will need they do or die attitude of old a huge workrate and move the ball quickly to the fullforward line .
anything can happen DREAMS CAN COME THROUGH

fifitrixiebelle
All Star

Ye should put up a cricket score against Offaly. They are absolutely crap!
try the above wan...from one of yer kk buddy on premview. notice ya didn't quote dat. plenty of people think biffo hurling is shite...try findin someone on the clare site etc that doesn't.

heres a cupla others that seem to have slipped yer net lone shark...why?.....doesn't suit d'oul profile, eh?
I believe we will beat this Offaly team, but I am not so sure that we will do it as easily as we should and it is this roller-coaster of form, while exciting in some ways, is bloody frustrating when we fall short of what all of us here know we are well capable of.
The Offaly game is good in the sense that it affords us a chance to look at James Barry at Full Back.. against a team who carry a goal threat.. put 4 past KK last year..
Let's not start taking Offaly for granted.
We should still beat them but if our heads are not right, we'll be sweating until the end.
It's a good draw but a potentially tough draw if we are not mentally right. Let the players on with it without loose talk about the kindness, or not, of the draw
de worst crap written about offaly and its players is on this site. plenty of shite on it bout tipp & it doesn't seem to bother ya. now yeer gettin some of it its whining time

nuthin written on dese sites interests hurlers & managers. if el sid & offaly are dependin on dat its goodnite irene

fifitrixiebelle
All Star

Target practice.
If Offaly play like they've been playing, Tipp would be better off trying out 15 fringe players and letting the others of for a round of club games, they'd get more of preparation.
Offaly are beyond shite at this stage. A terrible thing to say, but its the truth.
dat quote is from a fella called theblackandamber.....now I wonder wher hes from?

funny ya forgot ta mention dat too!! :wink:

Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by Ahlethimoutwithit »

Ah Fifi, calm down now, it hurts the truth doesn't it? Ye are a cocky shower. No arrogant, no ........em can't quite pin point it.....aggravating....on back to yer mates. Don't be upsetting yourself worrying about us.

fifitrixiebelle
All Star

its ur mates - de kk boys - who are slingin de worst mud at ye Ahlethimoutwithit....'beyond shite' no less. I know dat just doesn't suit :D

ur just confusin cockiness & confidence. all sporting traditions have dat :wink:

& I cant help worryin bout the caliphate of el sid...I don't like ta see tings de way dey are.

btw how'd ye get on agin dem useless wickla lads.....I see Carla are still in the championship :cry:

timber
All Star

Post by timber »

fifitrixiebelle wrote:its ur mates - de kk boys - who are slingin de worst mud at ye Ahlethimoutwithit....'beyond shite' no less. I know dat just doesn't suit :D

ur just confusin cockiness & confidence. all sporting traditions have dat :wink:

& I cant help worryin bout the caliphate of el sid...I don't like ta see tings de way dey are.

btw how'd ye get on agin dem useless wickla lads.....I see Carla are still in the championship :cry:
You seem fond of sid. Possibly the best half back ive ever seen hurl and there has been a few right good ones. So I can understand your admiration for him.

it was a good win by kk over thurles. They totally outhurled thurles that day. Well done to them.

tipp shud have too much experience for this offaly team but offaly were always able for tipp and never feared them so ive no doubt they will give it a right go. If players play in their best positions I think offaly have a number of hurlers as good or better than tipps best. Overall fitness levels will be better with tipp which will be a major problem for offaly and tipp got a decent workout last weekend so they should be sharp.

fifitrixiebelle
All Star

im a huge admirer of sid & always have been. typical of the man dat he stepped into the breach when a knowall like duignan was too 'cute' to get involved.

yeh good win for kk over thurles. sars let demselves down badly dat day. wont be forgotten on sat. 5 of dat team on the panel.

but club means nothing in terms of senior inter-co. if it did galway wudnt be headin for 20 yrs without a senior ai win

offaly have good lads but no too many as good as cahill paudie b maher bonner McGrath bubbles lar callanan I reckon

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Anyway lads. Enough of the scutter talk. Any word on how Offaly will line out?

Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

Yes lads, BNM man is here with a mine of info.......wait......no? Ah well, maybe next time.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Ahlethimoutwithit wrote:Yes lads, BNM man is here with a mine of info.......wait......no? Ah well, maybe next time.
Carry on so.
Tipp r crap...No Offaly are crap...Tipp will win by 47 points with their juniors...Tipp are arrogant...Offaly are useless...Kilkenny will hammer Tipp...Offaly started it...Tipp did.

Gr8 deb8, the way Ahlethimoutwithit likes it!

Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

Where do you see text speak in any of my posts BNM man. Get off the high horse for once in a while.

Tipp man agitating, and has provoked a response. Bit of banter in the absence of anyone with any knowledge of team matters.