Offaly Under 16

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
kaiserchief
All Star
Club: town

Offaly Under 16

Post by kaiserchief »

Anyone got an reports on the offaly under 16 last night?

Team's and who played well?

ryot
All Star
Club: Doon

Re: Offaly Under 16

Post by ryot »

and tonight they play Kildare in Hawkfield

I see Kildare Under 15 are involved in a 4 team tournament, also on tonight,

Have we an Under 15 team involved somewhere ?

substandard
All Star
Club: Shamrocks

Post by substandard »

Just seen on Club Faithful facebook- Offaly 1-11, Kildare 0-11; a fantastic result!! In the final again, brilliant if they could get 2 in a row, would help establish a consistent run at minor level.
Well done to all management and players, and all the behind the scenes support. Onwards and upwards!!!

Truth as i see it
All Star

Post by Truth as i see it »

Excellent result against a very strong Kildare team, the Management team at this level are working miracles and seem to have the full backing of the board so credit to all involved for the excellent work that is being put in both on and off the pitch

They'll meet Roscommon again in the final after they beat Leitrim in the other match last night, Roscommon i'm sure will feel they let that first round result slip after Offaly came from 4 points down to win the match by a point so it won't be an easy match for the team but they seem to have that old Offaly Mindset of never been beaten until the final whistle which is (like this years minor side) very refreshing to see

Hopefully the minors can make it a double for the footballers this week by booking their place in the Leinster Final tonight

Well Done to the 16s and best of Luck to the Minors

Truth as i see it
All Star

Post by Truth as i see it »

Emm..... might have jumped the gun a bit, don't think they'll meet Roscommon in the final though they did win last night

Sorry bout that (cough cough) :oops: :oops:

kaiserchief
All Star
Club: town

Post by kaiserchief »

great result for them last night.

any update on the team or anything?

Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by Ahlethimoutwithit »

A huge win, we should play the top team in the other group in the final and the runners up in our group play the runners up in the other group in the shield final.

I have to say this is very positive albeit Kildare might have been without their Sars and Moorefield players, (clubs pulled them out over burn out concerns).

hopper82
Junior A

Post by hopper82 »

Another F. Manning cup final these lads take on Sligo in Longford Wednesday night at 8 PM . Be great to see them getting a result , hopefully a good crowd make the short journey , lets face it we wont have many other trips to make this year . :(

Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

Best of luck to the team and management in the final tonight. They have done well so far and would be nice to get back to back wins in this competition.

Anfearban
Junior A

Post by Anfearban »

Any result? thanks.

Truesupporter
Junior A

Post by Truesupporter »

Unfortunately the U 16 Offaly footballers were beaten by one point in the final last night. The score was Sligo 1-13 to Offaly 0-15. Wasn't at the game but according to Sligo Gaa twitter account it was a great match, end to end stuff, could have gone either way and Offaly gave them an unreal game. Commiserations to our lads and particularly Alan Mulhall who put in such fine work on this competition.

Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

Alan has done a lot of good work on different elements of the development squads , but think the management team was Willie Reynolds, Roy Malone, Alan Kidney and Conan Curley