County Board administrator role

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

Re: Administrator

Post by Ahlethimoutwithit »

I didn't!!

The positives:
1) CB admin structures and especially finance and IT are antiquated, C Todd will turn this around quickly, I am fairly sure implementation of new IT systems for proper financial accountability will be high up on the agenda. This cannot be understated in terms of progressing to the removal of the current treasurer's, and progressing to a proper means of raising finance and modernising our financial planning.
2) C Todd is probably one of the best administrators ever in Offaly GAA
3) By all accounts this is being driven by Croke Park, and I gather that they will pay his wage for a period of time, maybe up to one or 2 years. I am sure they will have an influence on his brief.
4) Th
is is an opportunity for the county board to put in an intern to take on this role in 3 years time, someone with marketing/digital in order to progress after we have the right systems in place.

The negatives:
As per OF, I can only assume that he sees this as looking after one of the boys. I cant defend this and I dont know who else was in for this job, OF , you never answered whether you applied or not???????
However, If , and its a big if, the CB us C Todd to help set up the role with an eye to recruiting someone in order to take forward the marketing/digital and fundraising element with which the CB is severly lacking, then that to me , is a positive.

What I would like to see is a brief of what the role is expected to deliver over the next 12/18 mths, and what is required in order to deliver this.

Ultimately , I would have liked this to go to to a young graduate, who has a background in the GAA, but if there is a plan to work towards this then fine.

I would like to see a few opinions on this appointment.