Round 1 Qualifiers: Offaly v Wicklow

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
fifitrixiebelle
All Star

Re: Round 1 Qualifiers: Offaly v Wicklow

Post by fifitrixiebelle »

Ahlethimoutwithit wrote:Thats it so Fifi, you think we can win, putting in me order now for a hape a hang with the local shop, (the rail stuff, not your aul shite in packets) and we'll load her up next Saturday.
Jayz now if we win, you can saunter on here and tell us ya told us Wickla were shite!!! Your are a nasty little man!
deres no playsin you Ahlethimoutwithit & dats for sure. im tellin you dat wickla are no great shakes at all & the biffs have nawtin to fear from a trip to the hills. wud ya prefer me to come on & say de goat suckers will bate seven kinds of it outa ye? ive seen the evidence & don't think so.

are ye still atein dem hang sangidges in de land of El Sid? its all paninis with buffalo mozzarella & rocket dats been served outa de boot dese days down here. I long for d'oul hang all de same...

Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by Ahlethimoutwithit »

Deedin we are not, its the hang sangidges adout the hang these days, but its gas, ye were always men for gettin above yer station on and off the field!

On an aside, Aughrim is a classic day out, could even pack the bucket and spade along with the sangers and hit the beach, and head back to the match. Early start, but Jayz need a bit of work on the tan. Cant even get the aul farmers tan so far this year!

fifitrixiebelle
All Star

Hope ya get dat bitta sun ahlethimoutwithit, ya need a serotonin boost to get rid of dat grumpiness. Bring a hat tho, ya can't afford to let the sun at dem remaining brain cells. & don't forget the whole grain mustard for de hang. nawtin else will do.

Ya need to be batein dem garden boys now & put down a marker for nxt years league becos ye mite be back in aughrim again. but it's safe money as far as im concerned. ye will be coming back wit dat victory to de land of El Sid, never fear

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

says the lad whos his great tipp side beaten by a division 1B team two years in a row, what were they saying in tipp last year was a only a slip up love to know what they made of limerick pissing on their parade for a second year and in Thurles :lol:

fifitrixiebelle
All Star

sez the fella who said the following about football;
townman wrote:i suppose we have to listen to this shite about tipp untill they are gone again later on in the year fif........ i look forward to you post about the footballers in division 4 :wink:
& disappeared when it was replied to recently... :lol: :lol:

now your back on a football thread talkin about hurlin townman & ill get to that in a minute but lets schtick to football for a min. wickla are brutal, ive seen them & the biffs will storm to victory after dere year in the high reaches of D3. I know yere back in D4 now (see, I have posted 'about the footballers in division 4' :wink: ) but ye'll have enuf for dem. which or whether we'll get well bate the next day & who knows we might meet again in the qualifiers....& we all remember how de last one went. :D

yes the munster champions are in D2 in hurling...which div are ye in? ger lock was saying ye should be in D3 & playing in de C Ring. but sure ye got 6-7 chances so dat ye cud stay up!! & I wudnt go into the C Ring if I waz ye becos the team ye bate to stay up cudnt win dat final.....Kildare wud prob hand yeer arses to ye (& dat takes a lot of handing dese days). :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Buttons
All Star
Club: Club

Post by Buttons »

Offaly team that beat Monaghan in 2011

Offaly: Alan Mulhall; Brian Darby, Joe Quinn, Seán Pender; Stephen Lonergan (0-02), Scott Brady, Niall Darby (0-01); Richie Dalton (0-03), Niall Smith; Ross Brady (0-01, 0-01 free), Ciarán McManus (0-04, 0-03 frees),, Karol Slattery; Bernard Allen (0-01), Ken Casey (0-01), Niall McNamee (1-04).
Subs: Padraig Bracken for Ken Casey, Sean Ryan for Karol Slattery, David Egan (0-01) for Bernard Allen, Niall Spain for Niall Darby (temporary)

Offaly team that lost to Longford 2014

Offaly: A Mulhall; D Brady, D Hanlon, N Darby; B Darby, J Moloney, M Brazil; R Allen (0-01), N Smith; E Carroll, G Guilfoyle (0-02), A Sullivan; J Maher (0-02), N McNamee (0-07, 0-03 frees), P Cunningham (0-02).
Substitutes: N Geraghty for Allen (43), C Hurley (0-01) for Guilfoyle (58), P McPadden for Maher

Not too many lads that played on the team in 2011 still around on the panel

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

as in 2011 we still only have one forward Niall Mac

suckindiesel
Senior

Post by suckindiesel »

to plainoftheherbs...as a leixman who was at aughrim in 1986, I saw what happened with my own eyes, and the truth was YOUR ref lost it bigtime on the day and the multiple off the ball hits had to be seen to be believed.....of course, those that were not present now seem to be experts!.

back to 2014....I was at Wicklow laois.......Wicklow are no good.....they are ripe for picking and at odds of 13/8 offaly are tempting. one noticeable feature of that Wicklow laois game, was that akin to offaly , Wicklow seemed to run out of gas on 50 minutes, and offered no threat for the final 20 minutes....offaly have been doing the same this year . Wicklow will have a minor advantage at midfield....but they have few forwards capable of scoring in tight situations.

whoever loses will rightly be ranked the 2nd worst football county in leinster, Carlow are bottom of the pile.

fifitrixiebelle
All Star

and dat leighton glynn is seriously overated

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Apologies for interrupting the toddlers bashing each other with rattlers, but is there any Offaly team panel news to report lately?
Walk outs, flights booked to America and the like.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

I based my research on that day in Aughrim on reports published in the next day's National newspapers. These indicated that each of the three striking incidents that were seen by the reporter (the fourth was not seen) were worthy of a sending off and that those involved could have no complaints. Those reports also noted that it was not generally a dirty game, a point which substantiates Carthage Buckley's assertion in a recent radio interview.
suckindiesel wrote:to plainoftheherbs...as a leixman who was at aughrim in 1986, I saw what happened with my own eyes, and the truth was YOUR ref lost it bigtime on the day and the multiple off the ball hits had to be seen to be believed.....of course, those that were not present now seem to be experts!.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

Ken Casey definitely gone, but not sure whether he had walked from the panel first before he picked up suspected cruciate injury with Lomans.
Bad and all as it may seem, after a dubious transfer from his home club to across the border, there might not be too much sympathy up around the Hill.

Other than that all quiet.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Ahlethimoutwithit wrote:Ken Casey definitely gone, but not sure whether he had walked from the panel first before he picked up suspected cruciate injury with Lomans.
Bad and all as it may seem, after a dubious transfer from his home club to across the border, there might not be too much sympathy up around the Hill.

I'd nearly say we have a more united and committed panel now that any time over the last decade. Players seem to be pulling together, albeit against the odds.

I was just reading back on the topic from 2007 when Offaly played Wicklow in Aughrim. Unfortunately that's when we were just hitting a massive speed bump that more or less sent us spinning into the current malaise.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1375&start=0

I remember listening to that Tommy Murphy game on the wireless on the way back from Cork where the hurlers had played. Turk was in the back seat of the car with a bottle of wine. Offaly had raced into an early lead and we stopped off in Urlingford for chips. When we got back into the car, Wicklow were destroying Offaly.

Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

Trying to open said bottle with teeth!
Chips and wine, its nearly as unlikely a combe as hurling in OCP :roll:

Daleamar
County player

Post by Daleamar »

Bord na Mona man wrote:
Ahlethimoutwithit wrote:Ken Casey definitely gone, but not sure whether he had walked from the panel first before he picked up suspected cruciate injury with Lomans.

I'd nearly say we have a more united and committed panel now that any time over the last decade. Players seem to be pulling together, albeit against the odds.

I was just reading back on the topic from 2007 when Offaly played Wicklow in Aughrim. Unfortunately that's when we were just hitting a massive speed bump that more or less sent us spinning into the current malaise.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1375&start=0

I remember listening to that Tommy Murphy game on the wireless on the way back from Cork where the hurlers had played. Turk was in the back seat of the car with a bottle of wine. Offaly had raced into an early lead and we stopped off in Urlingford for chips. When we got back into the car, Wicklow were destroying Offaly.
Fair play to the seniors, with little or no support around the county, they are still plugging away.... If Wicklow are as bad as was stated and Offaly can sustain their first half showing in Longford for a longer period then there is plenty of room for optimism... Gwan Offaly