Offaly v Kilkenny

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
townman
All Star

Re: Offaly v Kilkenny

Post by townman »

but sure we need 16 players to beat teams in offaly don't forget as toxicity says we are only the 6th best club in offaly now, and poor old Birr sure we never won anything and will always be the bridesmaid in offaly hurling .

babsandbond
Senior
Club: carrig

Post by babsandbond »

Sam i give u a choice of corner forwards is all surely you understood that

sam88885a
All Star
Club: kk

Post by sam88885a »

i knew that babsandbond .
i was taking the piss .
townman lighten with tox .
i agree with him birr have slipped outside the top two and looking at their lads under 25 they will do well to stay in the top 4 or 5 . there a big club things can change but in fairness they could not stay at the top forever.
i think johhny p has done a good job last year with them but their best hurlers have huge mileage now and are well past their peak. maybe there is no last kick in birr but i douth it .

babsandbond
Senior

Post by babsandbond »

Would agree once this team go birr are screwed to be honest...but the spine of the team is 27 + i reckon theres 3/ 4 years in that team...in fact we talk about coolderry there team is even older

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Back on topic lads.

babsandbond
Senior

Post by babsandbond »

yes sorry kilkenny by 30 points :D :D :D :D

The Biff
All Star

Post by The Biff »

It's great that most of the build-up is about King "will he play or not" Henry, and of course the Sky-debut. We can slip under the radar and pounce like a coiled rattlesnake.
Peter Parker: I missed the part where that's MY problem.

Toxicity234
All Star

Post by Toxicity234 »

Sorry lads wasn't mean to insult Birr. It was meant as we need strong clubs it doesn't matter where them clubs are basic.
If Birr get to the County Final i come back here and i'll eat my humble pie and You can hold me to that.

I'm heading to see Offaly on sunday. I have friends in Ballybodan St enda's and i'm look forward to catch up with them.
“Common sense is not so common.”

Observant 7
Junior A
Club: Kinnitty

Post by Observant 7 »

Toxicity234 wrote:Sorry lads wasn't mean to insult Birr. It was meant as we need strong clubs it doesn't matter where them clubs are basic.
If Birr get to the County Final i come back here and i'll eat my humble pie and You can hold me to that.

I'm heading to see Offaly on sunday. I have friends in Ballybodan St enda's and i'm look forward to catch up with them.
Tocicity234 NOW IS THE TIME TO CATCH UP ON OLD FRIENDS :D :D :D :D
DO THEY KNOW YOUR USING THEM? HAha!HA!ha! :D :D

Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by Ahlethimoutwithit »

WTF Observant????

Go with our blessing Tox, enjoy the evening!!

Toxicity234
All Star

Post by Toxicity234 »

Huge game on Saturday and from what we seen over the last few months it will be a big challenge to keep the score respectable.

They be a lot of people around the county and the world sitting down to watch Offaly play.
We should be looking forward to have a good craic at Kilkenny but with the way the team is set up we're look at something different.
But this is Sky and they is no better television than seen and underdog bite.

The team is all over the place but at least we have Demspey, Wynne as 1 and 2.
Will Healion or Hanniffy be full back.
is rigney gone off the panel or will Nolan or Mc Donnell take that position
Will Parlon start at wing back or will gardiner play in his best position.
Will Egan start at centre back or will Morkan be their.
Will Mark Egan have to deal with walter walsh.
Who will play midfield??? Do we have any midfield or are we going to pick them up on the day.
Will Mahon make the team??
Will Carroll be our ball winning no 10.
Will Bergin vs Walsh work.
Will Dooley get enough of the ball he likes.
Will Curmins start ahead of Cleary.
Will quirke get a game.
Do you start the two gerthety's.

The team that started the league was:

J Dempsey;
N Wynne, D Kelliher, J Rigney;
C Doughan), B Watkins, D Mooney
K Brady, C Parlon;
P Geraghty, J Bergin C Egan;
K Connolly, S Gardiner, B Carroll

The team that finished the league was:
Conor Slevin;
N Wynne, G Healion, J Rigney;
B Harding, C Egan , C Parlon;
K Connolly , Ciarán Slevin;
B Carroll, D Currams, C Mahon);
S Quirke, S Cleary, J Bergin .

What will the game plan be. Will it make sense?? Will Connelly be told to run at Fennelly, Ryan, Walsh, etc. Will we slow the ball so much that Kilkenny will have our forwards in their pockets.
Will we have a full set of forwards or will Tommy Walsh or JJ Delaney be left as a free man. their 16 all ireland might slow them down.

I'm hoping that Whelehan watch limerick and went god they played very direct hurling and it worked but the real problem is with the panel we have it very hard to pick a team.
but i have a go.

Demspey
Wynne, Hanniffy, Mc Donnell.
Gardiner, Healion, Morkan.
Doughan Connelly.
Egan, Mahon, Currams.
Carroll, Bergin, Quirke .

Jesus when you think about the panel. Only one real full back fit(Healion). a 34 year old midfelder for centre back (Hanniffy). none of the best midfielder in the county on the panel.(kilmartin, Connally or Hayden with Hanniffy need in the backs.)
What a mess.

The way i think we will line out.
Demspey
Wynne, Hanniffy, Nolan.
Parlon, Morkan, Harding.
Ryan, Connelly.
Carroll. Currams, Mahon.
Dooley, Bergin. T.gererghy.

with a game plan like this.
Demspey
Wynne, Hanniffy Nolan
.......Connelly.
Parlon, Morkan, Harding.
Ryan, Carroll.
Currams, Mahon....... T.gererghy.
Dooley, Bergin.

and T. Gererghty been out number 3 to 1 most of the time and the Kilkenny sweeper doing more damage than the Offaly sweeper.

babsandbond
Senior

Post by babsandbond »

Toxicity you sure did try to confuse us with that post...from what i hear the offaly team will line out like this..nolan broke his
hand against tipp u21s...heard he was possibly gonna start ahead of rigney as rigney was acting up a bit.. So heres your team

Dempsey
Wynne hannify rigney
Harding morkan parlon
Ryan and one of these p gerathy/gardner/slevin
Mahon currams bergin
Carroll dooley connolly

And connolly going out the field.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

as much looking forward to this as a trip to the Denist, i hope we take a leaf out of limericks book and our neighbours laois with heart and guts display, the team is all over the place has been all year, and most will see losing by 7 points will be a job well done, i fear kilkenny with put down a marker this weekend unlike their display 12 months ago in tullamore and if we start as we did again kerry in thurles
we be better off watching it on sky as at least you can turn it off, if kilkenny break loose this weekend a beating like 2005 is in store.

it doen't matter what 15 play or where lets be in the real world we haven't a hope in hell hurling kilkenny this saturday, its not there hasn't be all year and can't see where this squad has a display in them to give kilkenny a match, and kilkenny are a different kettle of fish this year and will have lads dying to get a jersey for the summer for kilkenny, we can't say the same about offalys squad.

well we will have to go and give them a shout anyway, once we give everything on the field and leave it all on the field thats all you can ask for from your team will it be enough on saturday?

Toxicity234
All Star

Post by Toxicity234 »

double post, Sorry.
Last edited by Toxicity234 on Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Toxicity234
All Star

Post by Toxicity234 »

babsandbond wrote:Toxicity you sure did try to confuse us with that post...from what i hear the offaly team will line out like this..nolan broke his
hand against tipp u21s...heard he was possibly gonna start ahead of rigney as rigney was acting up a bit.. So heres your team

Dempsey
Wynne hannify rigney
Harding morkan parlon
Ryan and one of these p gerathy/gardner/slevin
Mahon currams bergin
Carroll dooley connolly

And connolly going out the field.
feel sorry for Nolan. Breaking a hand is a pain. Wishing him all the best with his recovery.
But how in the name of god is he anyway near the team ahead of Rigney. From the story i've heard it wasn't Rigney that was acting up it was the lord and master Mr. Whelehan that was acting the fuck.
It great to have Rigney back in the Fold
Shane Dooley is starting at full forward againist JJ Delaney when Kilkenny will have a young lad on his championship debut at corner back.
Connolly wouldn't be going out the field he be going into the full back line almost.

What Bullshit we have, went the back to back county champions(who no one in the county has beating in two years) has 2 players on that starting team. Both playing out of position. while Birr have 3 started and one missing due to injury and Coolderry have 3 starting.
Its a bad joke lads.
Whelehan was the best hurler i ever seen but he the worst manager i ever seen at any level in any county.
where the Fuck has Colin Egan gone?? Is Quirke injured?
p gerathy/gardner/slevin none are midfielder
That half back line is a joke. Harding is a good half back but Morkan isn't a centre back and Parlon isn't a fucking Half back.

If that is the team we put out and we keep it within 16-20 points it would be a miracle of the highest order.
Here hoping that Kilkenny forward send 20 wides to keep it respectable.
you know what more worrying is that if we do start that team and drop Connelly back we could go through a whole half without scoring anything.

You know it's bad when all you want out of a year is to get the championship over so you can get the gobshit that Mis- managed the team out the door. Now if only he take some of the county Board with him.
That all i hear this weekend from Offaly people, Jesus just lets get it over with so we can get shot of Whelehan and start again.

We have huge problems within the county but the one thing we do have is good hurlers. Unfortunately we so far from getting the best out of them is unbelievable.

I would take a trip to the dentist over this any day of the week but i hope every Offaly supporter come out and supports the players.