Offaly Hurling Championships 2014

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Toxicity234
All Star

Re: Offaly Hurling Championships 2014

Post by Toxicity234 »

kaiserchief wrote:Toxicity234 I think James Gorman owes you a pint next time he see's ya! He was taken off in every game this year until the semi final and was hands down man of the match that day. Including him in team of the year is a joke especially when you have left out Bergin and Carroll the 6 forwards.
I would drink it and enjoy it. Bergin and Carroll have been excellent.

Gorman was excelent in the game i saw. Clareen in the 1st game. Coolderry in the last league game. Balinmere in the 1/4 final. Coolderry in the semi finals and Rynaghs in the final.

Carroll was excellent in the game i saw which was Brosna Gaels. Drumcullen, Shirone but he was poor against Clareen and was ok againist Kilcormac Killoughey. that why i left him out. Sorry Brian.

Bergin. Yeah. It was real tough to leave him out but Wynne againist Shirone when Rynagh were down to 13 men was outstanding. Belmont outstanding. Clareen outstanding. in the final ok.
Bergin. outstanding against Kilcormac killoughey in the 1st half. Outstanding againist Coolderry. good againist Brosna Gaels. Outstanding againist Birr and ok against rynagh.

Murphy. i seen 3 time and has been excellent each time. Kilcormac Killoughey and against Birr in game they lost everytime he got the ball he was excellent.

Its very tough to pick 15 players. Have a go and i'll pick hole in your team. :)
“Common sense is not so common.”

kaiserchief
All Star
Club: town

Post by kaiserchief »

I was @ that Clareen game and Gorman did not have a good day in the office. If I remember Shane Guinan came on for him with 20 mins to go and totally changed the game? Im i correct.

I have not been to every game but I'll have a stab @ it:

1. Conor Slevin - Only made one mistake all year from what i seen and hear and that was in the county final.
2. Dan Doughan - Seen Shinrone 4 times this year and was well impressed. Was solid as a rock every day.
3. Ger Healion - Big Ger wins this hands down. No contest!
4. Simon Og Lyons- A future prospect and has abundance of all round talent. Brian Whelan needs this guy!
5. Kevin Grogan- Most natural hurler in Offaly. If he could only commit to Offaly!
6. Peter Healion - Like is brother wins all days! Best 3 and 6 in offaly club hurling in years!
7. Emett Nolan - Had a stormer of a year and is birr only shinning light at the moment!
8. Damien Kilmartin - Heart of kk and brian whelan better be begging him to come back this year
9. Chris McDonald - Kept Brosna gaels up on his own this year. A player any club in the county would love to have
10. Stephen Wynne - Was excellent at 11 all year but deserves to be in the team.
11. Conor Mahon - Best #11 in the county. Work rate would make ya sick to look at
12. Paddy Murphy - Brian Whelan needs his phone number. Contender for player of the year.
13. Joe Bergin - Out of position but had a serious year. Like Carroll he is a man show. Stop the Joe show and you will more than likely win.
14. Dan Currams - A goal machine and best player in the county by far this year.
15. Brian Carroll - Destroyed Shinrone in the second half when matter and was a one man show for Cooldarry

Conor Clancy, Pat Camon, Con Mahon where away most of the year. Treacy was sent off in one game and suspended for another.
Sean Cleary was inconsistant all year and wasn't good when required. James Gorman selection is laughable to be honest.

But like you say it is always hard to leave someone out. Always a managers headache!

Toxicity234
All Star

Post by Toxicity234 »

kaiserchief wrote:I was @ that Clareen game and Gorman did not have a good day in the office. If I remember Shane Guinan came on for him with 20 mins to go and totally changed the game? Im i correct.

I have not been to every game but I'll have a stab @ it:

1. Conor Slevin - Only made one mistake all year from what i seen and hear and that was in the county final.
2. Dan Doughan - Seen Shinrone 4 times this year and was well impressed. Was solid as a rock every day.
3. Ger Healion - Big Ger wins this hands down. No contest!
4. Simon Og Lyons- A future prospect and has abundance of all round talent. Brian Whelan needs this guy!
5. Kevin Grogan- Most natural hurler in Offaly. If he could only commit to Offaly!
6. Peter Healion - Like is brother wins all days! Best 3 and 6 in offaly club hurling in years!
7. Emett Nolan - Had a stormer of a year and is birr only shinning light at the moment!
8. Damien Kilmartin - Heart of kk and brian whelan better be begging him to come back this year
9. Chris McDonald - Kept Brosna gaels up on his own this year. A player any club in the county would love to have
10. Stephen Wynne - Was excellent at 11 all year but deserves to be in the team.
11. Conor Mahon - Best #11 in the county. Work rate would make ya sick to look at
12. Paddy Murphy - Brian Whelan needs his phone number. Contender for player of the year.
13. Joe Bergin - Out of position but had a serious year. Like Carroll he is a man show. Stop the Joe show and you will more than likely win.
14. Dan Currams - A goal machine and best player in the county by far this year.
15. Brian Carroll - Destroyed Shinrone in the second half when matter and was a one man show for Cooldarry

Conor Clancy, Pat Camon, Con Mahon where away most of the year. Treacy was sent off in one game and suspended for another.
Sean Cleary was inconsistant all year and wasn't good when required. James Gorman selection is laughable to be honest.

But like you say it is always hard to leave someone out. Always a managers headache!
i like your team.
Cleary wasn't inconsistant in the game i saw. in fairness when he stop getting ball he like any froward he struggled. Carroll you could say was inconsistant againist Shirone when destroyed shirone when Martin Corcoran came on and won the ball for him. But don't get me wrong Carroll was excellent this year but he was on a better team than Cleary.

Honestly never can into my mind to put Bergin in at No.13 cause he hadn't play there at any stage this year. Its a good call.
Mcdonald in midfield is not a bad call. i have to admit I thought Traecy, Nolan and David King were a little bit better than him this year.

Doughan was solid all year, he is a super hurler. and Lyons was super but Con Mahon has the best corner back in the county this year and Coughlan i though was super as well.
Con Only missed the Ballinamere game after getting a last min red card againist Coolderry(he came on a sub after 20 mins for K gorgan) the day before and the Bronsa gael league game. so he played almost all the game for kilcormac Killoughey this year.
Clancy missed two and Camon two as well but all 3 were their for the games that matter.

Again it very hard to judge cause you were at game i missed and vice versa.
“Common sense is not so common.”