football championship 2014

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Re: football championship 2014

Post by Bord na Mona man »

High School Musical wrote:
tmorelad wrote:Whats this i hear about the clonbullogue manager pulling a player out of the back of an ambulance and forcing him back onto the pitch only for the player to collapse momments later.i was told he gave the ambulance staff woefull abuse in the junior A semi final :cry: :?
Good man Lazarus Molloy!
Maybe he thought that his player was also called Lazarus?....
Maybe he thought he was Jesus!

Toxicity234
All Star

Post by Toxicity234 »

tmorelad wrote:Whats this i hear about the clonbullogue manager pulling a player out of the back of an ambulance and forcing him back onto the pitch only for the player to collapse momments later.i was told he gave the ambulance staff woefull abuse in the junior A semi final :cry: :?
Jesus Christ tell me that not true..
“Common sense is not so common.”

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

Toxicity234 wrote:
Jesus Christ tell me that not true..
A Clonbullogue player was injured late in the game, following attention from the physio he left the field . The Ambulance arrived,and the player was treated. He returned to the field, but had to leave the field, and sat on the stand side of the pitch.
I can't comment on circumstances of his return to the pitch as outlined above, as I didn't see what is alleged to have transpired on the sideline.

theman
All Star

Post by theman »

Think people should stop been sheep on here and jumping to conclusions. The Clonbullogue (get the spelling correct) player got a blow to his nose. He was a bit dazed as would anyone who got a blow to his nose. Clonbullogue made a blood substitute but due to an error on their selectors part they never informed the referee so it was down as a substitute. The player was then seen to be ok but for safety reasons the ambulance on duty came to the sideline to have a look. The player in question went into the ambulance for a quick check voluntarily. Although Laz was wrong to ''pull'' him out of the ambulance, he got the all clear from the physio and ambulance crew. When the player went down again it was because of a late tackle to his ribs on the sideline which resulted in said player been winded. He himself went to tullamore A & E afterwards as a precautionary and was given the all clear.

As a Clonbullogue man I dont agree with Laz taking the player out of the ambulance but he was given the all clear by medics. You would swear the player was on a stretcher been given morphine and was then dragged onto the field by Laz to only collapse again. Out of curiosity, how many of the posters that commented on the matter and called laz a disgrace were actually at the match??
Twice we had the chance,but well get one more

Toxicity234
All Star

Post by Toxicity234 »

theman wrote:Think people should stop been sheep on here and jumping to conclusions. The Clonbullogue (get the spelling correct) player got a blow to his nose. He was a bit dazed as would anyone who got a blow to his nose. Clonbullogue made a blood substitute but due to an error on their selectors part they never informed the referee so it was down as a substitute. The player was then seen to be ok but for safety reasons the ambulance on duty came to the sideline to have a look. The player in question went into the ambulance for a quick check voluntarily. Although Laz was wrong to ''pull'' him out of the ambulance, he got the all clear from the physio and ambulance crew. When the player went down again it was because of a late tackle to his ribs on the sideline which resulted in said player been winded. He himself went to tullamore A & E afterwards as a precautionary and was given the all clear.

As a Clonbullogue man I dont agree with Laz taking the player out of the ambulance but he was given the all clear by medics. You would swear the player was on a stretcher been given morphine and was then dragged onto the field by Laz to only collapse again. Out of curiosity, how many of the posters that commented on the matter and called laz a disgrace were actually at the match??
Thanks for clearing that up. I wasn't at the match but if the Medic gave him the all clear them i don't see the problem with him returning to the field.
“Common sense is not so common.”

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

I heard Laz chased him back onto the field jabbing him in the arse with a pitchfork!

Truesupporter
Junior A

Post by Truesupporter »

Was at the match. The ambulance staff took some abuse from the Clonbullogue manager and his language was appaling to them. They have a job to do and are qualified to do it. They should be let do it. No manager that I know of in Offaly is a qualified paramedic. The manager had no business being in the ambulance, or removing the player without the all clear. There are substitutes on the panel for these very situations and well being of players should be paramount. No excuse for what he did. Presume he went up to the hospital after the match to apologise to the ambulance staff? By the way, he must think his players are deaf with the roars of him, not on the sideline,but running up inside the pitch during the match! Same on the first match and very hard to listen to when you are at a match.

theman
All Star

Post by theman »

Truesupporter wrote:Was at the match. The ambulance staff took some abuse from the Clonbullogue manager and his language was appaling to them. They have a job to do and are qualified to do it. They should be let do it. No manager that I know of in Offaly is a qualified paramedic. The manager had no business being in the ambulance, or removing the player without the all clear. There are substitutes on the panel for these very situations and well being of players should be paramount. No excuse for what he did. Presume he went up to the hospital after the match to apologise to the ambulance staff? By the way, he must think his players are deaf with the roars of him, not on the sideline,but running up inside the pitch during the match! Same on the first match and very hard to listen to when you are at a match.
What abuse was given to the ambulance staff? Did you hear it with your own ears or did you hear off one of the lads who heard it from another lad? People making a mountain out of a molehill. In fairness laz can be eccentric but that's just him. The only abuse he gave was to the steward and linesman who wouldn't let the substitute happen because he wasn't wearing the right jersey. No abuse was given to any medic staff. Truesupporter maybe Laz did something to you previous before? You seem to have a vendetta against him, along with many more "posters" on this forum.

So what if he was out on the field shouting at players. There not going to here him if he whispers, especially in O Connor Park. Plenty of managers do it in GAA at all levels, juvenile to senior. This forum is gone to the dogs the last few months. This thread was started so as to discuss the football championships, but now it's been turned into a which hunt for Laz Molloy, with all the talk about a Junior A semi final replay and the "abuse" and "disgraceful" scenes of a player nearly "dying" on the field.

Archangel
All Star
Club: Ballycommon

Post by Archangel »

theman wrote:Think people should stop been sheep on here and jumping to conclusions. The Clonbullogue (get the spelling correct) player got a blow to his nose. He was a bit dazed as would anyone who got a blow to his nose. Clonbullogue made a blood substitute but due to an error on their selectors part they never informed the referee so it was down as a substitute. The player was then seen to be ok but for safety reasons the ambulance on duty came to the sideline to have a look. The player in question went into the ambulance for a quick check voluntarily. Although Laz was wrong to ''pull'' him out of the ambulance, he got the all clear from the physio and ambulance crew. When the player went down again it was because of a late tackle to his ribs on the sideline which resulted in said player been winded. He himself went to tullamore A & E afterwards as a precautionary and was given the all clear.

Your view through Clonbullogue Rose-tinted glasses. :roll: Lee Dempsey (the injured player) got a blow to the head, he was down and signaled for help, your physio came on and she immediately called Ballycommon Physio & medic who attended the player. They are a chartered Physio and Registered Nurse who both saw the player was in distress & concussed and they called the Ambulance. The player was put in the Ambulance and was, yes, dragged from it by that idiot Laz, who did abuse the medics, who did NOT agree with Lee Dempsey returning to the field of play. Lee Dempsey returned to the match wearing jersey No.22 , belonging to a player who was earlier sent off, got a blow in a collision and went down. He spent the night in Tullamore General wearing a back and neck brace due to the neck injury he suffered. These are the facts.

Here are some more. That hatchet man (who was eventually sent off) who 'took out' Garret Mann was only on the pitch for that purpose. A ploy by Laz to 'get' Ballycommon's main threat. Garret Mann spent the night in Tullamore general suffering from concussion. This No.22 wouldn't get a kick in a horse box but can sure dish them out.

Linesman Padrig Gallagher saw that incident but stated when questioned, that "it's not up to me, I'm not the ref" As for 70 year old Cooney reffing on a big pitch like that, he was never closer than 50/60 yards from the play,..not good enough.

Yes, I'm a Ballycommon man, but we didn't lose the match because of the above issues, we just couldn't score on the day, we probably had 70% possession but did nothing with it. I object to a team who employ hit-man tactics and who endanger the well-being of their or any player playing our games. I object to having a ref like Cooney... for the good of the game he should quit. He is also a danger to players as he has no control of a game and can't keep up with play.

I was told by many neutrals the only reason we lost was because we are young and we just play football. Nice sentiment, but we did't play anything near our standard that was all. It's just that it appears that thuggery won. If we are to progress the skills and abilities of Offaly's young footballers we need to show that football beats bullies, Unfortunately we didn't on the day. We are young enough, we are rising, and people are taking notice. Football will win out eventually. :wink:
Blasphemy is a victimless crime

theman
All Star

Post by theman »

Well I don't know, Lee Dempsey was in the local having a pint Saturday night. Unless he went back to tullamore later? No hatchet man tactics were employed I'm afraid. It was a late tackle alright but happens in all games.
And as for thuggery? Ballycommon gave it as much as clonbullogue did.
Your been a hipocrit saying clonbullogue were rough? How did Lee Dempsey apparently get concussed. A Ballycommon man surely didn't hit him did he?

No point been bitter. Ballycommon threw away the replay. Accept yer defeat and move on. Yee have a good team coming so don't be coming on here with sour grapes.

By the way, if the ballycommon player was concussed why did he play on for the whole match? Bare in mind that he got "concussed" about 10 mins in? Everyone is here saying it was a disgrace the Clonbullogue player was allowed back? Is it one rule for one and another rule for the rest?

tmorelad
Junior B

Post by tmorelad »

Bord na Mona man wrote:I heard Laz chased him back onto the field jabbing him in the arse with a pitchfork!
Ah thats classic pml :lol: :lol: :lol:

Archangel
All Star
Club: Ballycommon

Post by Archangel »

theman wrote:It was a late tackle alright but happens in all games.
And as for thuggery? Ballycommon gave it as much as clonbullogue did.
Late tackle implies intention to hit or harm does it not? No.22 gets away with late hit, gets yellow for off-the-ball hitting (picked up by umpire) on same player, and sent off for another hack tackle. Model footballer. :lol:
theman wrote: Your been a hipocrit saying clonbullogue were rough? How did Lee Dempsey apparently get concussed. A Ballycommon man surely didn't hit him did he?
You don't have to be 'hit' to get concussed, a clash of heads, trip and fall etc,..he was hurt in a tackle, happens.
theman wrote:No point been bitter. Ballycommon threw away the replay. Accept yer defeat and move on. Yee have a good team coming so don't be coming on here with sour grapes.
Jaysus, if you read my post above I think I said we blame ourselves for losing the match and the defeat had nothing to do with the other antics. We can take a defeat, just have to speak up and call a spade a spade, like no.22 is a thug and Laz should never be allowed near a team again. Don't get me started on the vile abuse he gave 2 of our lads in the drawn game. He's an absolute cunt.
theman wrote:By the way, if the ballycommon player was concussed why did he play on for the whole match? Bare in mind that he got "concussed" about 10 mins in? Everyone is here saying it was a disgrace the Clonbullogue player was allowed back? Is it one rule for one and another rule for the rest?
When Garret was hit he was off the field of play and our medics were intent on stopping the bleeding, and the whole time he was lucid, albeit a bit dazed. Concussion is not often an immediate effect, it was later that evening he was dizzy and sick so he had to get help. Young Dempsey was out of it on the field, our medics said so that's why they signalled for an ambulance. Anyone with a brain can see the difference.

Hand on heart, ask any Ballycommon player or member, we blew it ourselves. No bitterness at the result, but you have to make a stand and point a finger at issues that normally get brushed under the carpet. But we are big enough to take a stand knowing that the comeback will be "you're just bitter" or "sore loser". So be it.
Blasphemy is a victimless crime

High School Musical
All Star
Club: St. Vincents

Post by High School Musical »

Ah stop!
I’ve heard worse than that about Laz.
Just today I heard that it was his idea to introduce the number 75 to the top row in Countdown, making it next to impossible to calculate the randomly generated number in only 30 seconds, especially when its anything over 400. Prick!

Anyway, all joking aside, I was there myself on Saturday, and while I didn’t see the particular incident involving the ambulance, I did hear about it prior to the second semi-final even throwing in. There seems to be conflicting reports here of where Lee Dempsey actually spent his Saturday night. One suggesting that he spent it in, what I’ll assume wass Richie’s bar, and the other one suggesting that it was in Tullamore General Hospital. It would be nice to know the actual facts on this one.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

two big games sunday in O'Connor park going for shock in the first one Gracefield to nick it with Rhode to come through in the other semil again Clara.

mickey
Senior
Club: ferbane

Post by mickey »

So its Edenderry very Rhode final.i watched both semis the standard was awful, this will not be a classic final to say the least.i think Edenderry will win it and with a few points to spare.score will b around 1.12 to 9 points.best of luck to both teams and I think Edenderry could serve offaly very well in leinster(watch this space)