Offaly Minor Football 2014

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
first_touch
All Star

Re: Offaly Minor Football 2014

Post by first_touch »

I was very impressed with the Offaly minors last night. It was so refreshing to see an Offaly side play with purpose, sharpness and pace. Paschal has this outfit working well as a team; the support play, off-the ball movement and use of the ball was excellent. Added to that they showed hunger and commitment, though they did ease off midway through the second half.

It has to be said Westmeath were very disappointing and we will face a much stiffer test against Dublin. But I see no reason why this Offaly side can't beat them, especially with some or all of our injured players back in contention for the starting lineup.

Buttons
All Star
Club: Club

Post by Buttons »

Offaly to play Dublin on saturday the 5th of July in Tullamore if Dublin minor hurlers dont beat Wexford in semi final and on the 9th of July if they qualify for Leinster final.

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=216741

Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by Ahlethimoutwithit »

How are things shaping up with these lads?
Adam Mangan is definitely back in business, what about the other injuries, any hope of either of the 2 lads featuring against Dublin?

The Leaving cert might have held up things for a bit but there is a lot of hope around these lads and they hope to give the Dubs a right rattle.
Would be savage to have a team in the Leinster final.

wheelo
Junior C

Post by wheelo »

Jamie Evans is back kicking the ball at training the other night, he's another great player coming at the right time, they are heading off this weekend to play kerry now that the leaving is over and back in to full training for the next two weeks. looking at them training and playing a game against each other the other night and all the six regular front man can all take goals very well, if they can get over Dublin which I think they will they should win a lienster

Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by Ahlethimoutwithit »

Will Evans be fit in time to feature against Dublin?

What time is that match fixed for?

wheelo
Junior C

Post by wheelo »

He came on as sub last weekend against Kerry at full forward and scored a goal and 3 points

jimbob17
All Star

Post by jimbob17 »

How did they get on V Kerry...... when is the semi final.....Id be very optimistic about our chances.....Dubs will be favourites but Offaly have a right chance of an upset
jimbob

Killeighman
All Star

Post by Killeighman »

Kerry 5-18 to 5-10 Offaly

Killeighman
All Star

Post by Killeighman »

The game has been changed to thursday the 10th July at 7:30 due to the u21 hurling final being played on the 9th

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

​ELECTRIC IRELAND LEINSTER MINOR FOOTBALL SEMI FINAL
Thursday 10th July 2014
Tullamore (7.30) - Offaly v Dublin

http://www.leinstergaa.ie/fixtures-resu ... s.988.html

boomcha

Post by boomcha »

Dublin have made 5 changes to their team:

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=220153

Looking forward to an absolute cracker tomorrow, best of luck to them, will not be easy even going on previous meetings! Should be a grand evening too.

substandard
All Star
Club: Shamrocks

Post by substandard »

5 changes- one third of a team!! On the hoganstand Dublin page over a fair while, posters have been suggesting that the Dublin team was disjointed, and management didn't seem to know their best combination. This could work either way tomorrow- either a strong, cohesive line up, or a team with doubts at its core. Either way, I hope Offaly go after them from the throw-in and dictate the pace. They put some wonderful attacking movements together against Westmeath- more of the same would be brilliant.

dubbiff
Intermediate

Post by dubbiff »

Cannot claim to know much about the Dublin camp but their management have been keeping a place for at least one injured player who hasn't featured for them yet. He's a midfielder - Foley I think. There was a lot of movement on and off their panel up to a month or so ago and it's possible they haven't been able to field their strongest lineup yet for various reasons and this could give the impression of a disjointed setup. I doubt if they are that clueless that they don't know their best 15. One thing for sure they wi be fit and strong. I see Paddy Power is giving the Dubs a slight edge - hopefully we have the game plan and skill to get over the line. Offaly GAA need something to give us a lift but I hope the players aren't feeling that pressure as it would be unfair to heap that on their shoulders. I am in California at the moment so will be glued to Ballyfore Mary on Twitter.

Thereorthereabouts
County player

Post by Thereorthereabouts »

Best of luck to the Offaly lads tomorrow. Hope there is a good crowd in Tullamore for it.
Leinster Finals is where we need all our underage teams to be at.
The fight is won or lost far away from the witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road; long before I dance under those lights

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

Really looking forward to the game tonight, best of luck to all .