Some good news for a change

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Truth as i see it
All Star

Some good news for a change

Post by Truth as i see it »

Y'know its funny i wasn't expecting anything from our under 21's tonight so it was a nice surprise to see the team deliver an excellent performance down in Wexford tonight and\ it seems Emmett Mcdonnells system is starting to sink in at U-21 level at least

I'm sure the presence of a number of his former St Mary's Players in the side has helped to develop the game plan that was so successful at Colleges level and maybe we will see the likes of Doyle, Mcnamee and Moriarty feature more in the first team as the league goes on

However, let's not get ahead of ourselves, Kildare up next, it'll be interesting to see if they can produce the same performance against last years Leinster Champions.

And for those of you who love nothing more than to whinge about how bad things are in the county, how about you give credit where its due here

Killeighman
All Star

Re: Some good news for a change

Post by Killeighman »

I hear that the offaly players could have played for another half an hour and it wouldnt have been a problem. Its encouraging to know that fitness is very good and they have their game plan set out and its working. If only the senior team knew how to play the game plan. The key to playing the game plan is speed. Moriarty and Corbett have speed to break quick from the back and also philip foy is a good lad to have there. McNamee is a solid wing back and he can go forward too. Im looking forward to see how they show against kildare.