Football League Division 3 2014

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Daleamar
County player

Re: Football League Division 3 2014

Post by Daleamar »

Truth as i see it wrote: I've actually made the point earlier in the thread, because of the work (Roscommon) have put in over the past ten years they are now reaping the rewards of a good crop of players, this is obvious but more important than that they have stuck by their manager even when things weren't going that well, in fact Evens was in a situation to where we are now with out manager where he couldn't buy a win, but the Roscommon county board new he was the man to get the best out of the younger guys coming through the system and they are now reaping the benefits of the patience

Getting rid of Mcdonnell wont change the fact that we have some poor senior players in the senior side, if we hold on to him however even if we do go down to division 4 he may just be able to mold a good team from the current U-21 side that will emerge over the next few years

I wish some of the so called supporters who jump on every negative result like a rash would bear this in mind
Where are the positives? Getting to a Leinster u21 semi... the same minor team were in a Leinster final...

How long is Evans with Roscommon? (2012 according to Wiki) And how many times has he been relegated from Division 3? (0 I think is the answer to this one).

This is like the Moyes debate.

manfromdelmonte
All Star

Post by manfromdelmonte »

The point being, Evans has got a squad of well developed players who have been through a quality underage system and most of them have any played minor, under 21 and sigerson football and know how to train at the highest level.

Plus add in the St Brigid's experience over the last few years.
Could you say the same of Offaly?
only the best...

DAF
All Star

Post by DAF »

I would say there was no much more than 300 at the match today,

An extremely poor performance in the first half but Offaly improved slightly in the second half.

You wouldn't see an under 12 team play the way Offaly played today. The whole team to one side of the field following the ball.Absolutely no width and continually our players run down blind alleys.We must have lost 95% of the breaking balls in the match today as well.The off the ball movement from our players is extremely poor and at times there seems to be no willingness to make themselves available for a pass .

first_touch
All Star

Post by first_touch »

Just to acknowledge Offaly's draw against Fermanagh at Brewster Park. The report in the Irish Independent described the game as 'fiercely contested'. This gives some grounds for encouragement. It would have been easy for Offaly not to bother given the fact that they were already relegated after a poor overall League performance. Granted they let a four-point lead slip at the end but one hopes they will be better prepared for the championship than they were for the league (for one thing they should be an awful lot fitter!). Good to see Niall Mac showing a bit of form too.