Tom Donohue feature in the Tribune

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.

Tom Donohue feature in the Tribune

Postby Plain of the Herbs » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:38 pm

This is quite a story, much of it a hitherto untold story, so I said I would bring it to yere attention. Worth pointing out they spelt his surname correctly too (it's Donohue) seeing as i'd be the first to point out if it was incorrect.
http://www.tullamoretribune.ie/articles ... th-offaly/
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.
Plain of the Herbs
All Star
 
Posts: 2791
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2004 4:47 pm

Re: Tom Donohue feature in the Tribune

Postby Truth as i see it » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:03 am

Had him as my P.E teacher in my Tullamore College days, a sounder man you could not meet, it was only after i left that i found out his role in that famous team of 82, had i known more about it i would have grilled him on the players and Magee a lot more, i probably could have talked to him for hours on that team, good to see he's still in good good health 8)
Truth as i see it
All Star
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:34 pm

Re: Tom Donohue feature in the Tribune

Postby Bord na Mona man » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:28 am

Is all of the article on the online site?
Not much mention of 1981 in hurling.
User avatar
Bord na Mona man
All Star
 
Posts: 3452
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:34 am

Re: Tom Donohue feature in the Tribune

Postby SearingDrive » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:03 pm

Bord na Mona man wrote:Is all of the article on the online site?
Not much mention of 1981 in hurling.

The hurling part is covered next week BNMM.
SearingDrive
All Star
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:00 pm

Re: Tom Donohue feature in the Tribune

Postby Bord na Mona man » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:07 pm

SearingDrive wrote:
Bord na Mona man wrote:Is all of the article on the online site?
Not much mention of 1981 in hurling.

The hurling part is covered next week BNMM.

Thanks ScorchingDrive, I'm looking forward to it. A good account of TD so far.
User avatar
Bord na Mona man
All Star
 
Posts: 3452
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:34 am

Re: Tom Donohue feature in the Tribune

Postby Keyser Soze » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:49 pm

Plain of the Herbs wrote:This is quite a story, much of it a hitherto untold story, so I said I would bring it to yere attention. Worth pointing out they spelt his surname correctly too (it's Donohue) seeing as i'd be the first to point out if it was incorrect.
http://www.tullamoretribune.ie/articles ... th-offaly/


POTH- any ideas if its possible to get access to these articles online now?
Keyser Soze
Junior A
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:29 pm

Re: Tom Donohue feature in the Tribune

Postby Plain of the Herbs » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:03 pm

No idea, KS.

The Tribune papers generally put three sports items up online each week, and this was one of those three pieces on that particular week. To my knowledge they don't tend to put articles up online retrospectively.

Other than that, maybe contact Kevin Corrigan or Brian Lowry at the paper.
Keyser Soze wrote:
Plain of the Herbs wrote:This is quite a story, much of it a hitherto untold story, so I said I would bring it to yere attention. Worth pointing out they spelt his surname correctly too (it's Donohue) seeing as i'd be the first to point out if it was incorrect.
http://www.tullamoretribune.ie/articles ... th-offaly/


POTH- any ideas if its possible to get access to these articles online now?
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.
Plain of the Herbs
All Star
 
Posts: 2791
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2004 4:47 pm


Return to Offaly GAA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 11 guests