Club Managers 2014

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
jimbob17
All Star

Club Managers 2014

Post by jimbob17 »

So a new year dawns and club preparations begin. I know a few weeks ago that a lot of teams were on the lookout to organise management teams for the coming year. While there was some upheaval in some clubs, i assume that most clubs have organised their bosses for the coming year and some from last year have stepped aside. I assume John Rouse is staying on with Tullamore and Danny Owens with KK. Francis Forde is in with Banagher and Phil Reilly has left Ferbane for St Brigids as a trainer with former Tullamore boss Benny O Brien. Other than that i havent heard. Many football clubs were fairly up in the air a few weeks ago as were a good few of the hurling clubs.

Can anybody shed any light on developments in the Senior and Intermediate Hurling clubs for the coming year? and is there anybody from Offaly training clubs in Westmeath, Laoise etc?
jimbob

gaa man
Junior C

Re: Club Managers 2014

Post by gaa man »

Damien fox from tullamore is gone to train castletown/sbloom in laois .

turfcutter
Junior B

Post by turfcutter »

From what i know at the minute, Rhode have not got confirmation of their new managment set up yet. It wasn't announced at the AGM. Maybe last years team will be kept in place.
I agree with you on Tullamore, i think Rouse and his team will be kept, Clara look like they will have new managment after one or two of the players got irate at their managment team in the semi finals, i dont know about anyone else and there isnt alot in any of the local newspapers about this.
Regards

Ballyduff
Junior B

Post by Ballyduff »

Here is a few more to add to list.

Declan Kelly (Kilclonfert) taking over Cappincur in 2014.

Paraic Farrell (Tubber) with Raheen in 2014

Declan Farrell (Edenderry) will be in charge of Durrow in 2014

brownie
Junior A

Post by brownie »

i hear Declan Gorman from Rhode is the new manager of Westmeath senior team Bunbrosna and has brought joe Quinn of clara in as physical trainer.
that should be interesting to see how these 2 young lads get on in Westmeath.

Killeighman
All Star

Post by Killeighman »

Pj Murray is in charge over in killeigh for the coming year

bracknaghboy
All Star

Post by bracknaghboy »

Most managers are useless and stumble around from club to club year after year. Some of the names mentioned here are pathetic and are interested only in collecting their "expenses" from clubs. Most don't care about results as there will always be another club waiting next year to hand over more "expenses" to them. When are clubs going to wake up to this nonsense?

Killeighman
All Star

Post by Killeighman »

I must say that a small minority of trainers are not in it for the money. Some claim money when they reach a certain point in the championship

brownie
Junior A

Post by brownie »

hey bracknaghboy, i dont understand how you can come to that conclusion.
I dont know anything about pj murray or declan farrell but all the other managers mentioned have been part of winning management teams in the last 6 years.
These guys know how to win and thats why clubs want them.
By the way, is the guy from kildare training bracknagh again this year? Free of charge of
course!

turfcutter
Junior B

Post by turfcutter »

with the departure of Phil Reilly to Brigids, im assuming the Ferbane post is vacant? (someone can correct me on this), is there any word there for a replacment?

GOOFY
County player

Post by GOOFY »

bracknaghboy wrote:Most managers are useless and stumble around from club to club year after year. Some of the names mentioned here are pathetic and are interested only in collecting their "expenses" from clubs. Most don't care about results as there will always be another club waiting next year to hand over more "expenses" to them. When are clubs going to wake up to this nonsense?
Bang on Bracknaghboy, a lot of trainers in offaly are light years behind clubs in Dublin. Some are genuine definitely but in my experience most use it as a revenue stream
First ball is when you make your mark

puzzled
All Star
Club: neutral

Post by puzzled »

Senior Hurling managers(I'm very much open to correction)
K/K Danny Owens
Birr Johnny Pilkington
Seir Kieran Billy Dooley
St.Rynaghs Francis Forde
Coolderry Ken Hogan
Shinrone Daithi Regan
Belmont ?
Tullamore ?
Drumcullen John O'Sullivan
Kinnitty Paddy Delaney
Brosna Gaels ?
Ballinamere ?

gaa man
Junior C

Post by gaa man »

is paddy Delaney training kinnitty?

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

bracknaghboy wrote:Most managers are useless and stumble around from club to club year after year. Some of the names mentioned here are pathetic and are interested only in collecting their "expenses" from clubs. Most don't care about results as there will always be another club waiting next year to hand over more "expenses" to them. When are clubs going to wake up to this nonsense?

isn't your man Frank Weir over Bracknagh this year.

turfcutter
Junior B

Post by turfcutter »

I think Jody Gunning is training Daingean this year
Laz Molloy is over St Brigids + Clonbollogue.
Gordon Kerrigan from Rhode is over Clogherinkoe.

Ive heard nothing else.