Offaly county team managements 2014

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
babsandbond
Senior
Club: carrig

Re: Offaly county team managements 2014

Post by babsandbond »

Lads i have never heard so much scutter in all my life.all you have to do is talk to sid about hurling and youu will soon realise he is quiet old fasioned in his ways.for some people that might not be a problem but for me its a huge one...hurling is a different game now of days and ground hurling and getting the ball and pucking it 60 yards doesnt cut it any more you need a structured game plan which you can vary against different types of teams.i honestly dont know if sid is doing that.one ting is he will have the best 15 playing but i think we will need more than that seen as its a county team.its another gamble as a manager...no stability!!its a gamble because the 2 club teams hes trained neither have success and its a different level

Toxicity234
All Star

Post by Toxicity234 »

babsandbond wrote:you need a structured game plan which you can vary against different types of teams.
That is spot on and this is something we have being missing for years. But we should be trying to play like other county , we should be trying to get the best out of our players and setting up our tactics to suit our players.
I have say this before what is Modern Hurling only another name for tactics. And Tactics have being around for as long as people have being doing battle.
And for as Long as people have being doing Battle, they have being heroic story of small army overcoming huge oddsto win the day.
“Common sense is not so common.”

Killeighman
All Star

Post by Killeighman »

Hurling is a very simple game if you know what you are doing. Offaly should have the pacey corner fowards pinned onto the end line and play diagnal balls in. Too many times against antrim that diagnal ball was pumped in and the corner forwards were pushed out the field and nowhere to be seen. Its just a thought of what can work if it is tried