LSFC v Kildare

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Re: LSFC v Kildare

Post by Bord na Mona man »

The Biff wrote:Jayz BnMn, would you get rid of that avatar of yours. I cant consider posting a serious response with that mug on my screen. :oops: :x
Keep your (Charvet) shirt on Biff!

GOOFY
County player

Post by GOOFY »

Bord na Mona man wrote: The Biff wrote:Jayz BnMn, would you get rid of that avatar of yours. I cant consider posting a serious response with that mug on my screen.

Keep your (Charvet) shirt on Biff!
Have to say, id prefer the avatar was changed as well, and i'm FF :(

Best of luck to the lads tomorrow, uibh fhaili abu
First ball is when you make your mark

GOOFY
County player

Post by GOOFY »

My Left Foot wrote:Why ? we are OFFALY thats why.
These players have put the effort it, it may not be enough but i expect them to try to put it up to Kildare. We have the ability to score goals so I think we will give a good account of ourselves on saturday because its CHAMPIONSHIP time
All very well but we were OFFALY and it was CHAMPIONSHIP last year as well and they beat us at their ease. But stranger things have happened, hope the lads work themselves to a standstill and see where that takes us, its doable but only just.
First ball is when you make your mark

summerindublin
All Star
Club: New York

Post by summerindublin »

Just hope that all goes well with all the panel and that we don't do anything stupid, there is a chance here to show that football is alive and kicking in the faithful, i'll be there in the Lower Cusack, hoping to be hoarse after the match, also hoping that we don't play that defensive shit that we did against Limerick.

manfromdelmonte
All Star

Post by manfromdelmonte »

Met an Offaly man in Rathangan yesterday who is convinced Offaly will beat Kildare
I laughed out loud when he said it!
then he got thick.

then he started saying something about how many All Irelands since 1980... etc etc

I just walked away
only the best...

Bord na Mona man
All Star

manfromdelmonte wrote:Met an Offaly man in Rathangan yesterday who is convinced Offaly will beat Kildare
I laughed out loud when he said it!
then he got thick.

then he started saying something about how many All Irelands since 1980... etc etc

I just walked away
He must have just watched the Terminator movie and seen how humans can defeat cyborgs!

Vanquished Kildare player!

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

Bord na Mona man wrote:Team named:

http://www.offaly.gaa.ie/offaly-news/of ... eannounced

1 Alan Mulhall (Walsh Island)
2 Brian Darby (Rhode)
3 Paul McConway (Tullamore)
4 Daithi Brady (Ballyfore)
5 Eoin Carroll (Cappincur)
6 Shane Sullivan (Rhode)
7 Michael Brazil (Tullamore)
8 Alan McNamee (Rhode)
9 Brian Connor (Walsh Island)
10 Graham Guilfoyle (Clara)
11 Johnny Brickland (St Brigid’s)
12 David Hanlon (Edenderry)
13 Anton Sullivan (Rhode)
14 Niall McNamee (captain) (Rhode)
15 Ken Casey (St Brigid’s)

Subs:

16 Ian Duffy (Walsh Island)
17 Peter Cunningham (Bracknagh)
18 Johnny Moloney (Tullamore)
19 Niall Darby (Rhode)
20 Ruairi Allen (Gracefield)
21 Willie Mulhall (Walsh Island)
22 Luke Kelly (Clara)
23 Matthew Mitchell (Clara)
24 Daire Corbett (Shannonbridge)
25 Derek Kelly (Edenderry)
26 Paul McPadden (Rhode)
Straight off Hanlon at half forward is a give away as to how we are going to play, he will slot back as an extra defender I reckon as ive never seen him play much in the forwards. Its a huge ask for young Brady from Ballyfore to be thrown into his first championship game , I know we are down players but I would have put Hanlon back in the backline and started Cunningham upfront. I would have Allen centre back ahead of Sullivan but I guess he has experience of playing in croke park before. Kildare have alot of new faces , if we can get stuck into them from the start and stop the likes of Bolton running the show from the half backline we are in with a shout. Its time for them to stand up and fight now , nothing that has gone before matters , its 70mins of championship fair , its croke park , its fucking Uibh Fhaili ,come on the Faithful :x

True Red
All Star

Post by True Red »

Good Luck to Offaly today.

Start at 100 miles an hour, tear into them. Be cute as well and let's see how good Kildare are.

No fear, nothing or no one.
If you don’t stand for something you fall for anything

Kevin
All Star

Post by Kevin »

Kildare 0-10, Offaly 0-7 at halftime.

Hope we've got plenty left in the tank.

Sounded like we were getting run around a bit in the last 5 minutes of the half.

It is still a game. Fingers crossed as a few bounces our way would never hurt.
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Kevin
All Star

Post by Kevin »

Kildare 0-19
Offaly 1-12

Never gave up.

Good job men! A step in the right direction it would seem.
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

KillougheyGoBragh
County player
Club: KK

Post by KillougheyGoBragh »

Listened to this on Midlands Radio 3 and as you say Kevin Offaly sounded down at times but kept plugging away. Interesting to read what those attending have to say.

Abercrombie Fitch
County player

Post by Abercrombie Fitch »

Look lads we shouldn't be celebrating a 4 point defeat, BUT... I was not happy but content walking out of the Cusack Stand an hour ago. They were not better footballers than us, not by a long way, but their fitness told after 50 mins. Even still Offaly didn't lie down. We were dominated for periods in midfield but typical Kildare didn't make it count on the board.

I've had a good few pints, and I'm due a few more, and I'll give a more in depth report tomorrow but I'm going back to Carlow town(full of Kildare hangers on) with my head held high.

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

Well I for one am proud of the effort the lads put in against a divison 1 team , compared to the big defeats Limerick , Tipp and Waterford suffered our lads gave it a right go. We are moving forward , this time last year we cant forget Kildare beat us out the gate by half time . Hopefully the draw will be kind and give us a game in Tullamore and we can progress more with a few wins in the qualifiers.

The Biff
All Star

Post by The Biff »

This performance did restore plenty of pride in the Faithful Footballers. Right up to the end, even when I could see some of our lads were completely spent of energy, I could still see them willing to try and that is what we hope for. My head is held high and I am looking forward to the Qualifier draw.

Well done lads. You put it up to a strong team, you more-than-matched them for creative ideas, you didn't give up, you got some cracking scores, you (Alan Mulhall) made some incredible saves, you flew the flag for us all. Now you can go to your next training session in good spirits, knowing you played a good game, and look forward with genuine optimism.

Up the Faithful.
Peter Parker: I missed the part where that's MY problem.

Bord na Mona man
All Star

Happy enough overall. Offaly gave it a decent tilt and stuck at it even though Kildare got on top a few times.
The scoreline benefitted from some copious airbrushing as Kildare had opportunities to pull away in the 2nd half but were wasteful.
Crazy to think that Offaly were within a score of Kildare near the end.

Offaly have closed the gap a bit in terms of fitness, but we were still flagging for the last 20 minutes.
Most of the damage was done by the Kildare half forward line - the starting 3 Kildare half forwards score 4 points each from play.

It could have been a lot worse, so we'll focus on the positives. :mrgreen: