2013 Fixtures

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
High School Musical
All Star
Club: St. Vincents

2013 Fixtures

Post by High School Musical »

Has anybody seen sight of a Master fixture list or the league fixtures for 2013 yet?
I need to plan around my vacation to St. Tropez.

Fargo Boyle
All Star

Re: 2013 Fixtures

Post by Fargo Boyle »

Its currently in an unformatted structure on the back of a John Player Blue pack of twenty.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Fargo Boyle wrote:Its currently in an unformatted structure on the back of a John Player Blue pack of twenty.
Any chance of scanning it and posting it up?

Lean Times
County player

Post by Lean Times »

PP:

Rhode evens
Clara 9/4
Gracefield 25/1
St Brigids 33/1
Edenderry 13/2
Tullamore 13/2
Erin Rovers 25/1
Walsh Island 28/1
Ferbane 28/1
Tubber 40/1
Ballycumber 50/1
St Rynaghs 66/1

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Lean Times wrote:PP:

Rhode evens
Clara 9/4
Gracefield 25/1
St Brigids 33/1
Edenderry 13/2
Tullamore 13/2
Erin Rovers 25/1
Walsh Island 28/1
Ferbane 28/1
Tubber 40/1
Ballycumber 50/1
St Rynaghs 66/1
I go with Ferbane e/w .

Fargo Boyle
All Star

Post by Fargo Boyle »

BnaM Man what pays out on an each way bet for the championship.

lostinjuniora
Intermediate
Club: Ballinagar

Post by lostinjuniora »

On the site it says win only. id fancy ferbane myself at that price. But only each way

summerindublin
All Star
Club: New York

Post by summerindublin »

Fargo Boyle wrote:BnaM Man what pays out on an each way bet for the championship.
The team you pick would have to reach the final and if they lost you would get paid, e.g if you picked FERBANE each way and they lose the final, you would get paid 1/5 of 28/1 which is just over 5/1.

theman
All Star

Post by theman »

Its normally 1/2 or 1/3 of the price. Ferbane look a decent price in fairness. With there recent history underage and Phil O Reilly coming in, you never know what could happen. Just look at Edenderry 2011 - they were 33/1 to win it at start of the year
Twice we had the chance,but well get one more

timber
All Star

Post by timber »

Good point from theman. I think Ferbane is an excellent price. Ferbane are very fancied by anybody I have chatted to. Alot of their more experienced yet still youg enough players have probably not performed as well as they should have. Now with the amount of young talent with experience of winning nearly everything they have played between schools and underage they have to be strong contenders.

Might be easy to say its early yet for them. But an average Edenderry team came from nowhere and won the championship. Now I dont mean that as an insult to Edenderry but their teams of late 90's and early 2000's would have been far superior. The Offaly club championship is quiet poor. Rhode going through the motions. The realisation that they left behind a leinster championship and despite despite winning so much u21 titles, their main men still have alot of mileage on the clock and only a few new faces have broken through. Clara will always be about the same level and be there thereabouts but nothing outstanding. Tullamore with its pick of players always have alot of expectations placed on them and rightly so.

I dont see anything there that Ferbane would'nt be able to beat. It wont need a team to be too special to win this championship. They have a good manager who knows all main contenders inside out. And he has a big point to prove after the last few months.

Unrealbanter
Junior B
Club: Tullamore

Post by Unrealbanter »

Ferbane seems to be a good bet, i know its a very young team but reilly could do a job on them,i hear they have players coming back to play that transferred away for a few years....

Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by Ahlethimoutwithit »

Like who transferring, they did not lose too many stars? Also there is the issue of the hurling and dual players which Phil will be well used to dealing with. So aint straight forward by any means.

Lean Times
County player

Post by Lean Times »

Does anybody know if the Championship draws are being held tonight seeing as it is the first Tuesday of the month?

boomcha

Post by boomcha »

i second that!, anyone at tonight's meeting?? whats the story?

High School Musical
All Star
Club: St. Vincents

Post by High School Musical »

Football League fixtures for Divisions 1 & 2 now available on the Offaly GAA website.
No sign of the lower divisions yet though. I'm breathless with anticipation.

www.offaly.gaa.ie/fixtures