Club Fundraising Ideas

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
boomcha

Club Fundraising Ideas

Post by boomcha »

Any innovative idea for club fundraising ideas other than fun runs, quizzes, plays, poker nights etc.???

Truth as i see it
All Star

Re: Club Fundraising Ideas

Post by Truth as i see it »

A Local Soccer club where i live have an excellent idea i think anyway

They hold Soccer day birthdays where you pay a certain amount of money and the birthday boy or girl can have their birthday at the club itself where by they can use the facilities for the day as well has have a party at the club house

They can have the full run of the place, have football matches, party games whatever and have the birthday party itself in the clubhouse or changing rooms

I wonder if O' Connor park could be opened up for such events, certainly leave an imprint on the youngsters to have their birthday there

Truth as i see it
All Star

Post by Truth as i see it »

Oh and one more thing and i know this isn't exactly fundraising but it might be worth looking into.

There's a new community tv group thats just been started up here in Athlone

Might be worth looking into from a GAA perspective

Covering league and championship matches or even schools matches would raise more awareness around the county and give people who can't get to the games a chance to see whats going on

Just a thought

manfromdelmonte
All Star

Post by manfromdelmonte »

If you have a decent sized hall run youth discos.

expenses are basically the insurance and dj

€10 in.
sell minerals and water.
you need lots of people there to steward and I think you've to inform the Gardai you will be having them.

3/4 of them a year will provide a steady income. have them on the Friday before the school holidays at halloween, midterm, easter, summer.
only the best...