All Ireland Club Hurling Championship 2012-2013

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
backofthenet
All Star

Re: All Ireland Club Hurling Championship 2012-2013

Post by backofthenet »

A good win for KK down there, Carlow can be a very tough destination in the death of winter and a healthy 5 point win should be a good lift to them. Their next outing against Rathdowney Errill is at home in Tullamore, however the ground I think will suit the rathdowney style of play so lots to be worried about there. However home advantage should hopefully win the day. Listened to the game online & it sounded like KK were always on top but Mount Leinster havent been beaten in club championship hurling for 2 years I believe? So always a good result. Roll on Rathdowney!

boomcha

Post by boomcha »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI7Ek5YIfwU

All Ireland Club Senior Semi-Finals video above.

And a few photos of the KK boys: http://www.sportsfile.com/more-images/1301159/

puzzled
All Star
Club: neutral

Post by puzzled »

As much as it pains me to say this I really fear for K/K on saturday I hope im wrong but I can see Thurles winnning this at a canter!

Kevin
All Star

Post by Kevin »

Best wishes to K/K this weekend.
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

KillougheyGoBragh
County player
Club: KK

Post by KillougheyGoBragh »

For those who may be abroad the Kilcormac-Killoughey vs Thurles Sarsfields match will be shown live on the Pay-Per-View TV channel Premier Sports. In the UK that is on Sky Channel 428 .
This match will also be streamed live over the internet by Premier Sports for those that want that option.
More importantly there is Midlands Radio 3 which is free and a fantastic supporter of all community sports in Laois, Offaly, Westmeath and beyond. Just click on the Liston Now button in the top right hand corner of their homepage.
If anybody knows of better options that may help those abroad with an interest then please post.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

By the sounds of it, you're not making the trip over, KGB. Sorry to hear that, if that is the case.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

KillougheyGoBragh
County player
Club: KK

Post by KillougheyGoBragh »

I wouldn't miss it for the world, POTH, just thinking of others who are unable to attend for one reason or another.

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

Best of luck to K/K , Thurles will be very hard to beat but if K/K work hard together as a unit like they did all year they will give them a right good rattle. Its great again for Offaly to have a club representing us in the All Ireland club semi , i hope the county will get behind the team and it would be a great boost for K/K to have a good crowd at the game to spur them on that little bit extra.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

puzzled wrote:As much as it pains me to say this I really fear for K/K on saturday I hope im wrong but I can see Thurles winnning this at a canter!
so you are saying K/K might as well stay at home that they won't be at the races
hope they don't have your faith :roll:

Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by Ahlethimoutwithit »

Yes Townman you took him up right, he does think KK will find this a step too far, as do I.
But dont ever be confused about the fact that what opinions we offer on a keyboard matter not a jot to KK, or any other team.

SO offer an opinion, but hope into the car and get over to support them be it your view they'll win or lose!

Plain of the Herbs
All Star

What are we to make or the Mighty Lorenzo Corbett's quotes in the 'Daily Cork' today?

My own first impressions are that he doesn't fancy it. Not looking forward to it at all. Then again, hurling in the winter doesn't suit the one-sided hurlers who depend on making space where they can strike off their preferred side, unhindered. And whatever else, KIlcormac-Killoughey don't take prisoners.

Here's what the Mighty one said -
"Every field in Ireland is nearly unplayable — they’re calling off race meetings but hurling matches? Play away,”

“You have humans calling off animals but humans are saying to humans, play away! You wouldn’t put a horse out in it!”
And
“It’s not hurling at this time of the year, (it’s) a dogfight, rough and ready. It’s down to who wants it most. 1/5 Thurles Sarsfields in the semi-final, the bookies have it wrong.

“It’s all about work-rate. In summer, the hurling might get a bit better but it’s about working in the right way and as a team. Hopefully we can perform.”
For the racing enthusiasts among ye - how many race meetings have been called off this winter? I don't recall too many.

Finally, while I do agree that no-one should be playing hurling at this time of year, the reality is thatif we are to restrict hurling to fine weather then we are restricting it to six or eight months of the year, depending on the weather. Which isn't practical either.
Here's the link to the full article -
http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/ ... 21943.html

boomcha

Post by boomcha »

Plain of the Herbs wrote:Then again, hurling in the winter doesn't suit the one-sided hurlers who depend on making space where they can strike off their preferred side, unhindered. And whatever else, KIlcormac-Killoughey don't take prisoners.
I hope you are not including Corbett in the list of one sided hurlers. Hon the super KK's.

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

Lar is certainly never shy about airing any grievances that he feels. I'm presuming of course that no journalist would have the temerity to ask him when exactly he thinks these games should go ahead - December? Maybe leave them until April so that Sars could hurl an 2012 All Ireland semi-final against Kilcormac-Killoughey one weekend and then a 2013 Mid Tipp championship group game against Upperchurch the next?

It certainly wasn't wise to do it when he did, for two reasons. One, it will be music to Danny Owens' ears as he tells the K-K players that these fancy dans don't want to hurl in the winter, and two, it clearly upset the sponsors that were there. I'd say this line didn't come out of nothing, there probably was some squirming in seats.
Interestingly, Corbett’s comments were carried in a press service provided by AIB, sponsors of the All-Ireland club championships.
And yes, I appreciate the irony of someone working in the media highlighting the danger in saying something meaningful as opposed to "it'll be a tough game, pride in the jersey, one game at a time, honour to represent, etc."
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Over on Premierview there are a few lads expecting Thurles to totally shame K-K and put on an exhibition.
A couple of lads are urging caution - wind up merchants maybe. There are some who think a heavy pitch will be an inhibitor to the Sars and stop them from wearing out the scorekeeper. They are pining for a warm summer’s day where they can really show off, rather than just wanting to win.

You have to suspect that Thurles won't like it up ‘em if any of this chat or Lar’s comments are indicative. In Tipperary terms, Thurles are a club with a real inflated sense of their worth. K-K know they’ll be up against it, but there is a house of cards ready to be pulled down if they get within striking distance.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star

I am. And he is. Just watch his right and ye'll be grand.

He's going to line out on the left side of the attack, where he can turn infield. He won't travel over to the right hand side of the TS attack.
boomcha wrote:I hope you are not including Corbett in the list of one sided hurlers. Hon the super KK's.