2012 Leinster Club Championships

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
townman
All Star

Re: 2012 Leinster Club Championships

Post by townman »

fifitrixiebelle wrote:
townman wrote:
fifitrixiebelle wrote:i must of got it wrong then. i thought oulart bet james stephens, Mt leinster rangers bet danesfort, clare & tipp & dubs bet them in various grades as did galway. leavin the latter out that still makes 5 different counties with victories over kk. the fact that for eg the dub minors were bet by tipp afterwards is irrelevant. looking at how coolderry folded later they wudnt have had a prayer if stephens got past oulart, theyd prob feel it was an honour to be on the same pitch & get a batin from them as offaly teams do.

fact is the rest of the country hasnt forgotten how to beat them. 5 of them (+ galway) remembered how to do it this year.
your own tipp were the worst again them this year :roll:
your obsession with tipp gets worse, ya even referred to it in yer first reply. dont know what it has to do with our disasterous record. dey did win 2 ais this year (one against your wannabe buddies kk),lost an ai q-final also, knocked us out of the championship, won 4 provincials (I think)...

& what did we win exactly??????
you only come on to have a cut a club when they were beaten like lusmagh last weekend. we know if K/K win on sunday
we won't hear from you till the are beaten again.

and its you with the obsession of kilkenny beaten offaly sides, as i said there wasn't a post from you about tipps shambles this years semil
you just blow what they won at inter or underage.

fifitrixiebelle
All Star

Post by fifitrixiebelle »

the point about lusmagh is that a intermediate side were given a hiding by a junior side, if you cant see the importance of dat youre thicker than i gave u credit for. put it another way a senior club bet by a club just out of junior. now theres always a chance of a poor day at the office but a 10 point defeat is depressing in the extreme. however your view seems to be dat its an honour to get a batin from a KK team becos 'so has the rest of the country' (tho dats not true as i showed).

k/K will win tomoro I reckon but I doubt they'll win de final.

What about tipps shambles, why shud I have to post on it? Is dat some rule of yours or what? can we not post on whatever we want? tipps problems are dere own & I couldnt care less tho I do think dere sortin things out with gettin in oshea. As I said they still won 2 ais while the shambles was goin on...in other words dey didnt go out in the intermediate final & say dey hadnt a hope just becos dey were playin kk. dats the message

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

fifitrixiebelle wrote:the point about lusmagh is that a intermediate side were given a hiding by a junior side, if you cant see the importance of dat youre thicker than i gave u credit for. put it another way a senior club bet by a club just out of junior. now theres always a chance of a poor day at the office but a 10 point defeat is depressing in the extreme. however your view seems to be dat its an honour to get a batin from a KK team becos 'so has the rest of the country' (tho dats not true as i showed).

k/K will win tomoro I reckon but I doubt they'll win de final.

What about tipps shambles, why shud I have to post on it? Is dat some rule of yours or what? can we not post on whatever we want? tipps problems are dere own & I couldnt care less tho I do think dere sortin things out with gettin in oshea. As I said they still won 2 ais while the shambles was goin on...in other words dey didnt go out in the intermediate final & say dey hadnt a hope just becos dey were playin kk. dats the message
well we all know you will be the first one on here if KK were to lose the club final to ballyhale if both got there

fifitrixiebelle
All Star

Post by fifitrixiebelle »

if both get dere ballyhale will win. but not to worry, sure K/K will be delighted just to be on de same field :lol:

KillougheyGoBragh
County player
Club: KK

Post by KillougheyGoBragh »

Request being lodged midweek to Leinster Council to change Leinster Club Hurling Final fixture from 2nd December to 9th December!!!
In the famous words of Homer Simpson
"doh".

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Good win for K-K today. With 15 minutes to they were behind 0-13 to 1-06. In the last 15 they doubled their score to finish 2-12 to 0-14 winners.
Rathdowney Erill must be really disappointed as they had hit twice as many scores as K-K at the 3/4 mark.
It's a good sign when a team can really dig in and finish with such a flourish.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

good win it wasn't a great day for hurling but the k/k's put in a great last 20 minutes, i know R/E might have won if liam tynan got the
goal, but kk missed two goals themselfs with the pen miss and Trevor Fletcher miss an open goal just before half time.

Killian Leonard was my MOTM hurl well at midfield and later in Corner Back, also Dan Currams when he came out from fullforward
Thomas and Peter Geraghty great second halfs with Thomas winning alot of dirty ball and ran at the R/E backline,

the two Healions won all the hight ball that was played down on them and won both their duels, Brian Leonard came more into the game
as it went on but he was a lucky man the ref didn't see his clash with Enda Meagher as he could have seen red as the ref wexfords James Owens
was giving out yellow cards for nothing even doe Meagher made it look alot worse than it was.

leinster final now sure anything can happen now as K/K will be massive underdogs no matter who comes out of next weeks other clash
again well done to K/K they are having a great year long may it go on.
Last edited by townman on Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

KillougheyGoBragh wrote:Request being lodged midweek to Leinster Council to change Leinster Club Hurling Final fixture from 2nd December to 9th December!!!
In the famous words of Homer Simpson
"doh".
Book flights for both weeks!

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

A game of three thirds today. K-K looked the better team in the first third, mainly because R-E thought going down the middle was the smart thing to do. Not with the Healions fielding everything in sight.

R-E were best in the middle third. I noticed the lads on the Laoistalk site noted that K-K were not Birr, nor were they Coolderry in their pre-match debate. That’s for them to consider. We know K-K are not a typical Offaly team. Yet, K-K spent the middle third playing like an Offaly team. Too many flicks and tips, R-E dominated territory and possession and attacked K-K down the flanks. K-K could have capitalised more on R-E's use of the corner-back to take the puckouts.

Then K-K began to play with the grit and determination we know they are capable of. Damien Kilmartin had a massive influence in that last 20 minutes winning dirty ball and laying off good passes. His switch from the right of midfield to the left (with Slevin moving to the right of midfield) was the important move. Top man. I thought Kilmartin was a candidate to be taken off before that.

I thought the move of Conor Mahon to full-forward in the second half was an incorrect one – Mahon was doing alright at 11, was getting involved in everything and was leading the charge. Ciarán Slevin had a quiet first half but, like Kilmartin, had a mighty last 20. His catch of his brother’s puckout and the point which followed was pivotal. The replacement of Fletcher by James Gorman at half-time didn’t make sense either – Fletcher was at least getting out in front to the low ball coming in.

Brian Leonard too had a mighty last 20 minutes. I’d prefer to see him hit the frees from his own half though. He is an accomplished freetaker and bringing Slevin back to his own ’45 to drop in frees makes no sense. K-K would be better served with Slevin further upfield getting on the end of an opponents’ clearance that might only go 50 metres in this weather.

Overall it was just great to see an Offaly team dig deep, win the dirty ball and win the rucks and scrums. The weather won’t be getting any better. Anything is possible.

Yet, John Leahy’s line of interviewing some of the K-K lads on the radio afterwards made me uncomfortable as I drove into Cloghan on the way home. He asked one of the Geraghtys something like (I’m paraphrasing) was he looking forward to lining out on the same pitch as Henry Shefflin.

Jesus wept.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

KillougheyGoBragh
County player

Book flights for both weeks!
Had just pressed the 'Confirm' button then heard this on da radio,
...aargh.....
unbelievable roller-coaster game!
Man-of-the-match in my opinion were the switches that were orchestrated from the sideline and the 'Spirit' these lads have developed for each other. When one has an off-day there are two to take his place and put their "shoulder to the wheel".
Rathdowney-Errill were '20 for out' and 'robbing' as well when a game 'some-what' reminiscent of the Offaly come back against Limerick in the 1994 All-Ireland final was rein-acted in OCP the 'commentator' along with myself was gob-smacked at what happened.
What did happen?

Plain of the Herbs
All Star

Today was no robbery. Neither was 1994 but that's for another day.

K-K switched from tipping and tapping to rolling up the sleeves, getting down and dirty and playing the type of game the wet conditions demanded. If Laois are crying "we wuz robbed" then there is no hope for that county. Heel of the hunt, they didn't have the forwards except for the King chap. Neither did Limerick 18 years ago, but that's for another day.
KillougheyGoBragh wrote:Had just pressed the 'Confirm' button then heard this on da radio,
...aargh.....
unbelievable roller-coaster game!
Man-of-the-match in my opinion were the switches that were orchestrated from the sideline and the 'Spirit' these lads have developed for each other. When one has an off-day there are two to take his place and put their "shoulder to the wheel".
Rathdowney-Errill were '20 for out' and 'robbing' as well when a game 'some-what' reminiscent of the Offaly come back against Limerick in the 1994 All-Ireland final was rein-acted in OCP the 'commentator' along with myself was gob-smacked at what happened.
What did happen?

Plain of the Herbs
All Star

Galway County Final

I got home in time to see the second half of the Galway county Final on TG4. Now Galway club hurling has a bad name anyway, but today it was laid bare on national TV. The sledging by the Loughrea lads was something else, with the apparent approval of the referee who offered no protection to the St Thomas players..

The Loughrea fella (Maher) who took out two defenders with two dirty strokes after he was awarded a penalty should have been put off and suspended for 12 months for what he done. Instead the referee allowed the penalty to stand. Maher, who drew across the two defenders, buried the penalty in one of the GAA’s greatest travesties. It could have been worse. Maher was still on the pitch at the end and could have sent the game to a replay but his 25 metre free was blocked. Then several supporters shook Maher’s hand in sympathy as he left the field at the end. It really is a crazy county.

Fellas were stood on, kicked, flaked on the ground. It was brutal. Galway Bay FM chose not to mention the incident regarding the awarding of the penalty and must stand accused of protecting the guilty. Galway hurling needs to sort out the bad attitude. They also need to sort out the state of refereeing in the county, because what happened today was disgraceful.

KillougheyGoBragh
County player

The analogy is to the card game of 'twenty-five' meaning they were so-close yet so far.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star

OK. Always forgot to 'rob' on the odd occasion when I played 25!
KillougheyGoBragh wrote:
The analogy is to the card game of 'twenty-five' meaning they were so-close yet so far.

KillougheyGoBragh
County player

Yet, John Leahy’s line of interviewing some of the K-K lads
Listened to this but I don't think it was Leahy doing the Interviewing but as you imply the condescending was awesome!