New Offaly Minor Football Manager

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
jimbob17
All Star

New Offaly Minor Football Manager

Post by jimbob17 »

Just seen on the Hogan stand that Padraig Farrell from Tubber is the new minor manager. Any thoughts?? I know that he won an intermediate with Tubber a few years ago but has he been involved with anyone since? I Havent heard of him in a long while. It is a surprise for me as id have thought that Paschal Kelleghan was a shoo in for it given the job he did with 21's last year. I had heard he was in for it but wouldnt know if this was true or just here-say.
jimbob

substandard
All Star
Club: Shamrocks

Re: New Offaly Minor Football Manager

Post by substandard »

Is it true that Laz Molloy is involved as a selector?

jimbob17
All Star

Post by jimbob17 »

A Rhode man told be today that Laz is to be involved as selector/coach/trainer. He was involved a few years ago with minors as far as i remember. Not sure how they did but as far as i remember, they got to the final one of the years? so it could be a positive move. He has done well with Croghan of late getting them to inter final last year, assume he was involved this year too while he has managed Tyrellspass seniors for a few years in westmeath so managerial experience shouldnt be the problem with Farrell having had success aswell with Tubber a few years ago. There would be a school of thought that would consider some of their methods old school but there is no doubt that good hard training never did any harm and can pull teams together. Is there a good team there and who would the main players to look out for be. Assume Ferbane and Tullamore would have the bones of it with one or two from Clara and Edenderry??
jimbob

Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by Ahlethimoutwithit »

Heard that Laz wont be involved with the minors as he has taken up a role with Clonbullogue, anyone able to confirm this?
Also he was not involved with Croghan this year, he was with Kilclonfert.

Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by Ahlethimoutwithit »

"Assume Ferbane and Tullamore would have the bones of it with one or two from Clara and Edenderry??"

Not sure of the make up of the panel, but surely there will be representation from Rhode/Tubber/Na Fianna/Vincents/DER Gaels/Broghans/KK, even Birr?
Tends to be a better spread of the minor teams from across the clubs.

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

I'd say it'll be a wide enough spread in terms of players - I won't speak for Tullamore, but in Ferbane's case a lot of the leading players will be overage in 2013, though there will still be room for three or four on the panel you'd imagine. Is anyone here able to confirm which players from last year's minor panel would be eligible again?
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.