Offaly Vs Wexford 2/6/12 Leinster Championship

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
UibhFhaili2012
Junior B
Club: 15

Offaly Vs Wexford 2/6/12 Leinster Championship

Post by UibhFhaili2012 »

2nd of June is fast approaching and Offaly start their Leinster Championship campaign against a Wexford team who wont lack confidence coming up to O'Connor Park for this Double Header.

I personally thing we will win this by 1-5 Points and set up a possible semi final against Galway, If we stay injury free i think we will be confident of reaching a Leinster Final..

Whats y'ere taughts on the game lads....??

My Team for the day would be be:
1. James Dempsey
2. David franks
3. David Kenny
4.James Rigney
5.Del Morkam
6.Rory Haniffy
7.Barry Harding
8.Conor Mahon
9.Diarmuid Horan
10.Brian Carrol
11.Cathal Parlon
12.Brendan Murphy
13.Shane Dooley
14.Joeseph Bergin
15.Sean Ryan

Abercrombie Fitch
County player

Re: Offaly Vs Wexford 2/6/12 Leinster Championship

Post by Abercrombie Fitch »

It seems like this game will never come. Hopeful of a good Leinster run myself. It's time we started winning close games instead of toasting moral victories, no medals for them.

I'd not have Rigney in the full back line myself, I'd suggest he'd have to be first name in the half back line. Bergin MUST start at full forward. With the right ball going in to him hopefully he'll make hay and grab a few goals.

It'll be good to see the lads test themselves against Kilkenny in Clara on Sunday evening.

Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by Ahlethimoutwithit »

On a side note was in clara recently and would like to compliment them on their facilities. Would like to wish them all the best for the official opening next Sunday evening and hopefully there is a big crowd over at the Offaly game.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

my 15 would be if all are fit

1. James Dempsey
2. David Franks
3. David Kenny
4.Del Morkam
5. James Rigney
6. Paul Cleary
7. Diarmuid Horan
8. Rory Hanniffy
9. Brian Carroll
10. Joe Bergin
11. Connor Mahon
12. Brendan Murphy
13. Shane Dooley
14. Cathal Parlon
15. Sean Ryan

16. Eoin Kelly
17. Sean Coughan
18. Barry Harding
19. Chris McDonald
20. Kevin Brady
21.Dylan Hayden
22. Derek Molloy
23. Joe Brady
24. Connor Hernon
25. Thomas Carroll
26. Dermot Mooney
27. Stephen Wynne
28. Ger Healion

there is also a strong subs bench to pick from if needs be.

fifitrixiebelle
All Star

Post by fifitrixiebelle »

told by a mate in the know that the wexicans played a hush hush challenge with tipp last nite. locked doors at dunnes request apparently & info very scarce afterwards but he found out that tipp had a strong enuf team & teh wexicans ran them to a point.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

fifitrixiebelle wrote:told by a mate in the know that the wexicans played a hush hush challenge with tipp last nite. locked doors at dunnes request apparently & info very scarce afterwards but he found out that tipp had a strong enuf team & teh wexicans ran them to a point.
wouldn't mind the scarce stuff shows you how far tipp have gone back if true.

fifitrixiebelle
All Star

score is true. i wouldnt be so arrogant where wexford are concerned. they are in teh leinster minor semifinal and last year they bet an AI winning Kilkenny minor team at U21. We wudnt do that becos wed be so busy sayin 'Oh arent kilkenny great'.

Thank god for daithi regan in his Examiner article yesterday, not pussy-whipped like duignan anyway & showed a bit of pride in being from Offaly

True Red
All Star

Post by True Red »

Any chance of a link to that article?
If you don’t stand for something you fall for anything

fifitrixiebelle
All Star

Cody attempted to influence referees, claims Regan

By John Fogarty

Friday, May 18, 2012

Hurling pundit Daithí Regan claims Brian Cody attempted to influence referees with his pre-Division 1 final comments earlier this month.

The Newstalk and TV3 analyst also said Cork will need to lose an All-Ireland final to realise the intensity required to win one. He also believes starlet Conor Lehane will face a stronger brand of physicality from Kilkenny, should the teams face one another in the championship.

Earlier this month, Cody said the GAA were making attempts to take "genuine physicality out of hurling". But Offaly’s 1994 All-Ireland winner feels, while not dirty, they are getting away with playing illegally at times.

"I think that Brian Cody by coming out with statements like that is influencing referees to keep doing what they’re doing in a subtle kind of way, no more so than Alex Ferguson (he) is a very strong character.

"Human nature being what it is, the stronger the team you are, the stronger the character you are and more successful you are as a manager, more will be thought of what you say as opposed to the Carlow manager making the same statement.

"From his point of view, it was the right thing to do. He wants to see it continued to be refereed and what he was saying was you can expect the same physicality from Kilkenny this year."

Regan outlined one of the covert ploys he believes Kilkenny perform in getting the better of teams. "Simple things like a little tug on the arm to slow a guy down and a second attacker or defender comes in.

"It’s not dirty but it’s illegal, it’s bordering on illegal, and referees are letting it go because we’ve all lauded the last three All-Ireland finals, which have been outstanding.

"The way hurling is being refereed at the moment suits the way Kilkenny play hurling."

Regan believes Kilkenny’s physical hurling stems from the mid-’00s when they discovered a way of taking on Cork’s running style.

"I think they’ve maintained it. The only team that have stepped up to that physicality have been Tipp. I don’t think anyone else has met it which is why I don’t see anybody else. Particularly Cork.

"I think Cork will have to suffer an All-Ireland defeat at that intensity before they realise winning an All-Ireland final."

Regan was impressed with how Lehane handled the close attention of Kilkenny defenders in his two outings against Kilkenny this year. But he warned: "If he comes up against them again he can expect it."

Regan also fears Lar Corbett is taking a risk returning to the Tipperary panel. "It’s been well recognised that he got a bit of abuse in Tipp last year after not hurling well. It’s a fickle industry, it’s a fickle business and he’s the type of player that’s unique and he’s an easy target if it doesn’t go well."

This appeared in the printed version of the Irish Examiner Friday, May 18, 2012

Read more: http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/ ... z1vInlo8yk

UibhFhaili2012
Junior B
Club: 15

Post by UibhFhaili2012 »

Considering its a Double header how much will the Leinster Council be charging for the match's.......?

Will it be ticketed or pay on the day, im presuming pay on the day.

kinnittyman
All Star

Post by kinnittyman »

Stand tickets are on sale on tickets.ie for €25. Terrace tickets haven't become available yet.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Re: Offaly Vs Wexford 2/6/12 Ticket Information

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

LEINSTER S.H.C. – 2ND JUNE 2012 – O’CONNOR PARK, TULLAMORE
LAOIS V DUBLIN @ 5.00PM & OFFALY V WEXFORD @ 7.00PM

GENERAL
Stand - €25
Terrace - €15

Tickets can be purchased from the following locations:-
(a) the participating County Boards
(b) Leinster Council Offices, Portlaoise by:
(1) Sending a cheque/postal order and a S.A.E.
(2) By Credit Card (057) 8682000 (there is a €4 administration charge on all credit card transactions)
(c) Tickets.ie
(d) www.gaa.ie

FAMILY TICKETS:-
1 Adult and 2 Juveniles etc.
Family Tickets are available for Stand
Stand:- Adults €25 Juveniles €5 each

1 Adult and 2 Juveniles etc.
Family Tickets are available for Terrace
Terrace:- Adults €15 Juveniles €3 each

Senior Citizens & Students (Stand & Terrace):-
Purchase full price tickets and on the day of the match they can claim a rebate (Stand €10 & Terrace €5) when they produce appropriate I.D. at Stiles No: 8 & 16 (Stand) and Stiles No: 20 & 27 (Terrace) PRIOR TO ENTRY INTO THE STADIUM.

Wheelchair Tickets:-
The Wheelchair Ticket is free of charge and the Assistant's ticket is €25

Adult Club Group Tickets:-
Adult Club Tickets available for €10 each to the Terrace or €20 each to the Stand (Min. Group 15 & Max. Group 50)

Group Pass (Under 16's) – (Terrace Only)
Groups Passes are provided for groups of Juveniles U-16 €2 per Juvenile and you are permitted to bring 1 adult free with every ten Juveniles, any additional adults pay full price for their tickets.

http://leinster.gaa.ie/ticket-informati ... .1586.html

Clubs need to pre-apply for the group tickets to the Leinster Council before Tuesday 29th. They are keeping these group passes quiet but I'm blowing the cover here.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

DAF
All Star

Post by DAF »

I hope to god it doesnt rain.I'll be going to the terrace for sure with that price of €25 for stand ticket.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

€25 is pricey for the stand to watch Offaly pick the strawberries.
I remember my Hogan Stand ticket for the 2000 All Ireland final was £25.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

Bord na Mona man wrote:€25 is pricey for the stand to watch Offaly pick the strawberries.
I remember my Hogan Stand ticket for the 2000 All Ireland final was £25.
which would be 50 euro now