Intermediate Football Championship

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
theman
All Star

Re: Intermediate Football Championship

Post by theman »

fatlad wrote:Are there any official odds for the Intermediate Football Quarter Finals. If so can someone post them and where they are available, 4 very close games in prospect, well worth a flutter.
I asked PP, Boyles and Laddies and they said they wouldn't price up any matches from Offaly intermediate grade. You might get a local bookie to give you a price. I actually got my own club clonbullogue prices up to win last year from a bookie just acros the border in Kildare but sadly there closed down now :( got 28/1.

I say the cappincur/bracknagh and shamrocks/brigids games would be priced up as both Evens with the draw 7/1. The shannonbridge:raheen and rhode/ballyfore I would price as 4/6 - 7/1 - 6/4 in favour of shannonbridge and ballyfore.

If you really want a bet id happily be your bookie 8)
Twice we had the chance,but well get one more

kano123
Junior B

Post by kano123 »

theman wrote:
fatlad wrote:Are there any official odds for the Intermediate Football Quarter Finals. If so can someone post them and where they are available, 4 very close games in prospect, well worth a flutter.
I asked PP, Boyles and Laddies and they said they wouldn't price up any matches from Offaly intermediate grade. You might get a local bookie to give you a price. I actually got my own club clonbullogue prices up to win last year from a bookie just acros the border in Kildare but sadly there closed down now :( got 28/1.

I say the cappincur/bracknagh and shamrocks/brigids games would be priced up as both Evens with the draw 7/1. The shannonbridge:raheen and rhode/ballyfore I would price as 4/6 - 7/1 - 6/4 in favour of shannonbridge and ballyfore.

I'll snap your hand off at evens for brigids !!thank you very much !

hard2watch
Junior A

Post by hard2watch »

Ballyfore 1-11 Rhode 0-6..Thats last years champions gone and a good boost to what looks like a more consistant and settled Ballyfore team.

hard2watch
Junior A

Post by hard2watch »

Ballyfore 1-11 Rhode 0-6..Thats last years champions gone and a good boost to what looks like a more consistant and settled Ballyfore team.

offaly2012
Junior A

Post by offaly2012 »

If Rhode had forwards not cowarldy players that didnt stand up to the mark there is no way Ballyfore would have one lastnight the amount of chances Rhode had and wasted. What made ballyfore was a flucky goal. Cant see ballyfore in a final . Rhodes point of view Id say is that after being crucified after winning the Intermedite by the system they lucky to stay up and it was an added bonus to get to a Qtr Final. Rhode just wanted to keep their position in the intermedite championship.

offaly2012
Junior A

Post by offaly2012 »

Id also add that I am not convinced That either Croghan or shamrocks depending on who wins tonight will win the intermedite. Believe the caseys are injured but will be playing but not to full standard.

boomcha

Post by boomcha »

croghan were very poor against shannonbridge and shannonbridge werent brilliant either......id be surprised if they have it to win the championship this year

theman
All Star

Post by theman »

kano123 wrote:
theman wrote:

I'll snap your hand off at evens for brigids !!thank you very much !
Offer is still there. Evens for Brigids to win. I personally think whoever wins tonight won't win intermediate. Have a feeling shannonbridge could sneak it
Twice we had the chance,but well get one more

kano123
Junior B

Post by kano123 »

We were abysmal against cappincur if you seen us that's why I'd take evens anyday!!
Il be gettin score updates only leaving work now in Dublin stupid county board with midweek fixtures

hard2watch
Junior A

Post by hard2watch »

offaly2012 wrote:If Rhode had forwards not cowarldy players that didnt stand up to the mark there is no way Ballyfore would have one lastnight the amount of chances Rhode had and wasted. What made ballyfore was a flucky goal. Cant see ballyfore in a final . Rhodes point of view Id say is that after being crucified after winning the Intermedite by the system they lucky to stay up and it was an added bonus to get to a Qtr Final. Rhode just wanted to keep their position in the intermedite championship.
Hardluck, take your beating.. Bye bye..

kano123
Junior B

Post by kano123 »

Brigids 2-7 shamrocks 10
Havin heard any reports from it yet !

Lean Times
County player

Post by Lean Times »

kano123 wrote:Brigids 2-7 shamrocks 10
Any reports from El Classico last night?

timber
All Star

Post by timber »

Lean Times wrote:
kano123 wrote:Brigids 2-7 shamrocks 10
Any reports from El Classico last night?

No suprise in the result. I had expected Brigids to win this game easily and its not quiet how it worked out. Brigids got a goal against the run of play that effectively won the game. Shamrocks put up a good show with what they had at their disposal and were probably unlucky not to win the game. For a team short so many players and after building a new team they actually did well last night. it was not a classic. Pretty poor game despite the tightness.

Brigids have been the favourites from the outset to win this championship but their last two games have raised alot of questions about them. They should have the players good enough to win this grade but on the basis of the last two games they are struggling a bit for form.

Cappincur, Ballyfore and the Bridge must be rubbing their hands and rightly feeling this championship is wide open and it would be no suprise if any of them win it.

Lean Times
County player

Post by Lean Times »

Cappincur, Ballyfore and the Bridge must be rubbing their hands and rightly feeling this championship is wide open and it would be no suprise if any of them win it.[/
quote]

Dismiss Bracknagh at your peril. I fancy them over our boys tonight. Bracknagh won 2 games, drew 1 and lost 2 in the group stages and the games they lost Cunningham didnt play in. He was back for their last game against Kilclonfert and everybody knows te talent he possesses. This is going to be a very tight game.

High School Musical
All Star
Club: St. Vincents

Post by High School Musical »

It was the best of times, it was the blurst of times.
The thoughts of this most eagerly-awaited Intermediate Football Championship clash left many a man salivating in the week leading up to the big match. I made my way by automobile to the designated match location, arriving almost 30 minutes before the start. Over the course of the next 20 minutes or so, the crowd gradually started to build, and definitely amounted to a 3-figure number after a short time. A quiet hush descended over the well-prepared grounds during the warm-up as the two teams took centre-stage against the backdrop of the economic recession. The Croghan men sporting their traditional blue & white ensemble, lining up against the Shamrocks of the Mucklagh/Rahan landlocked peninsula in their less than traditional but block-colour-heavy strip, which I would imagine is almost unique to this club in terms of colour choice.

The game started with the obligatory ‘throw-in’ from the man in black, as he is affectionately known. Both teams played the traditional ‘man-marking’ system and exchanges between opponents in close proximity were quite physical early on, and as time progressed. Scores were exchanged over the course of the first half as both teams worked up quite a thirst before retiring to their changing quarters for a little over 10 minutes. Management & selectors followed quickly along, with a pre-prepared Powerpoint presentation the likely half-time encouragement.

For this reporter, the interval proved to be just the right time to procure a snack from the nearest food & drink stall. Having flirted with the chocolate options, I eventually decided on Cadburys finest, the trusty Dairy Milk bar, 8 squares of pure goodness. The drink options were less complicated, due to the lack of choice, so a ‘Club’ orange was the only serious candidate in this department. By the time I had resumed by position, I had barely enough time to compile my full 1st half report, detailing the team line-ups and scorers so far. And almost on cue, as I clicked my pen back into itself, the 2nd half resumed in similar fashion to the 1st half with the mandatory ‘throw-in’. Both teams gave all they could in they could in the 2nd half and the outcome of the game was still very much in the melting point at some stage during the half. Try as they might, Shamrocks couldn’t breach the Brigids rearguard and rattle the net for the goal that, on reflection, would’ve tied this game. Scoring was relatively low, but this only emphasises the quality on show from the defense’s of both teams, right from No. 1, all the way to No. 12. The 2 goals scored by St. Brigids ultimately proved to be the deciding factor.

The final scoreline proved to be an accurate representation of the amounts of scores that were converted in the game. Best on the day for St. Brigids were their vocal support, always on hand to add the “C’mon Croghan!!” soundbyte to an atmosphere already packed with decibels from a variety of sources. All in all, this was an enjoyable evening, especially with the rain holding off. The reward for the men from the hill is a semi-final spot. And one things for sure, St. Brigids will really fancy their chances of making a return to the Senior Ranks. There are only going to be 2 teams able to stop them and if they’re not to go all the way this year I’ll definitely put my head on the block and guarantee a top 4 finish for this talented bunch from Rhode parish.