U21 Football Management

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Over The Black Spot
County player

U21 Football Management

Post by Over The Black Spot »

Possibly discussed here before but I didn't see it.

Just heard that Pascal Keelaghan will be the new U21 manager with Ger Rafferty as one of his selectors.

Can anyone confirm?

uibhfhailiabu
County player

Re: U21 Football Management

Post by uibhfhailiabu »

Over The Black Spot wrote:Possibly discussed here before but I didn't see it.

Just heard that Pascal Keelaghan will be the new U21 manager with Ger Rafferty as one of his selectors.

Can anyone confirm?
Yes, Midlands Radio 3 reported this last night and has since been confirmed on the Offaly GAA website. His other three selectors are Mark Daly, Benny O'Brien and Tony Kenny.

http://offaly.gaa.ie/offaly-news/pascal ... gerfor2012

Hopefully this proves to be a good appointment. Not the easiest of draws in this (Meath, winners play Kildare), although they will be at home which should be an advantage.
Keep The Faith

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

i hear Pascal and the lads had a good win over our neighbours Leix the other night in Gracefield.
they have to play Meath in Gracefield in the first round of the championship best of luck to them.

old yellar
All Star

Post by old yellar »

your u21s recorded a 9 pt win over us down in carlow last night in the final of a tournament. we had a mixed team out but would expect to be decent this year so its a good boost for ye given championship fast approaching..

Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by Ahlethimoutwithit »

The very best of luck to these lads, I think they are out against Meath in Gracefield shortly, (next Wed night?). Paschal and his management team have been putting in serious work with these lads over the last few months and the reports are very encouraging. We really need some optimism on the football front and these lads can do it. Gracefield should be full for this and give these lads our full support. Again, all the best in the Championship lads!!

jimbob17
All Star

Post by jimbob17 »

can anyone confirm when when exactly and where is this u 21 game on, id be interested in going for a look.
jimbob

True Red
All Star

Post by True Red »

Wed 29th February in Gracefield. not sure of time of throw in
If you don’t stand for something you fall for anything

brian fantana
Intermediate
Club: rhode

Post by brian fantana »

id be quietly confident about offalys chances against meath, as long as they aint muscled out of it they have a real good chance, best offaly u21 panel ive seen in a while and they have put alot off work in over the past couple of months, and if they do win they are in gracfield for the next round again .best of luck lads

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

i hear they drew with kerry at the weekend which is not a bad result kerry are always fairly strong at under 21.

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

was chatting to one or two of the players they seem to have put alot of work in and they are very happy with the management. offaly badly need silverware at underage level and would be great if they can overcome meath which will be a very hard task in itself.

Offaly Proud
Junior A
Club: clara

Post by Offaly Proud »

Expecting a big display on Wednesday night. This is a serious u 21 team that have worked really hard.Don't think Meath are strong this year.Let's get and support the team in big numbers.

Offaly Proud
Junior A
Club: clara

Post by Offaly Proud »

Expecting a big display on Wednesday night. This is a serious u 21 team that have worked really hard.Don't think Meath are strong this year.Let's get and support the team in big numbers.

the Untouchable
All Star

Post by the Untouchable »

Don't think Meath are strong this year
Rarely do they have a bad side!! If Meath are losing they'll get physical, if Meath are winning, they'll get physical!!! Either way, Meath will be a big test for this Offaly side. Would be great to see us win an U21 Leinster or even make a final...just to show that we had a bit of talent still floating about the county!!

I presume at U21...Dublin would be the team to beat in leinster as they've made 3 or 4 o the last minor All Ireland's so the talent pool must be there.

Anyone have an idea what the U21 team for Wednesday nite will be?
The Untouchable

summerindublin
All Star
Club: New York

Post by summerindublin »

I see that Powers have us @11/10 with Meath the favs @ 10/11, i'll have a few score on that 11/10 please.

Long John
All Star

Post by Long John »

Anybody know if this team was beaten by Meath in the Minor championship three years ago?