Pick it for the next game!

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
puzzled
All Star
Club: neutral

Pick it for the next game!

Post by puzzled »

With Offaly having so many players out injured against Dublin and the guys coming in performing very well it leaves the management with a hard job to pick the team for the next game,presuming we have some of the injured players back,some hard choices will have to be made lets just hope they get it right or this year could be very short for Offaly hurlers!
My pick would be 1 Dempsey 2 Franks 3 Kenny 4 Egan 5 Hayden 6 Murphy 7 Morkam 8 Hanniffy 9 Mahon 10 Molloy 11 Bergin 12 Carroll 13 Dooley 14 Egan 15 Currams!

Not sure about Franks injury but if he cant play then Verney is the obvious choice,I think Eanna Murphy should be given time in the number 6 position he looked fairly good against Dublin and this would allow us to move Hanniffy further up the field!

With the forwards I think we have scores in every position,perhaps raising a few eyebrows with Egan at 14 but he's decent in the air and can take a score and he is much more mobile than Healion!

I dont think Brady or Cleary will be back for the next game and while Cleary would be a welcome addition I think Brady offers the very same as Healion plenty of pride and passion but he just hasnt got the pace to do the hard the hard work when we havnt got the ball!