Offaly u21 Hurling

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
OffalySorry
Junior B

Offaly u21 Hurling

Post by OffalySorry »

Any news on the Offaly u21 panel for 2011

Greenwhiteandgold
Intermediate

Re: Offaly u21 Hurling

Post by Greenwhiteandgold »

I think 'big sack' has cut the panel.. I havent heard who is on it.. But wouldnt be expecting a whole lot.. playn either dublin or carlow in the leinster semi final.. Dublin look very strong.. liam rush, niall mcmorrow, daire plunkett etc.

danandmollys
Junior C
Club: KK

Post by danandmollys »

1.corcoran
2.mulrooney
3. geraghty
4. maloney
5.mc donald
6. shortt
7 murphy
8 sullivan
9. gath
10. mick ryan
11.coneely
12. cleary
13.connoly
14.????????????????????????????
15.eoin ryan

sean1976
Junior B
Club: all

Post by sean1976 »

Moloney is too small for a start I think, Mick Ryan didn't feel the weight of the ball in u21 county final, I have my doubts about gerraghty. Surely brian kelly, adrian hynes, paddy murphy and tom Spain and a couple more ballinamere Gaels lads will be there or there about?

Greenwhiteandgold
Intermediate

1. Corcoran
2. Mulrooney
3. Connors
4. Waters
5. Mcdonald
6. Murphy
7. Shortt
8. Spain
9. Gath
10. Carroll
11. Kealey
12. Conneely
13. E. Ryan
14. Hynes
15. Connoly

Its not really the team id pick but i think its something like what could line out. Id like to see sullivan midfield but i think he was dropped. I wouldnt rate gath but i couldnt think of any1 else off hand to put in there. I wouldnt rate the clearys or m.ryan good enough for starting, and i dont think maloney is in there.

OffalySorry
Junior B

Post by OffalySorry »

tgg
Last edited by OffalySorry on Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greenwhiteandgold
Intermediate

No i dont think there ever too interested in intermediate by the looks of things even though theres pleanty of players there.. Fergus hannon, thomas spain, chris mcdonald, gerry spollen, paddy murphy, david egan, michael mulrooney, daryl kilroe. Kennedy is only a young lad still minor, and he dosent bother play with the minors.

OffalySorry
Junior B

Post by OffalySorry »

j
Last edited by OffalySorry on Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

faithfulman
Intermediate

Post by faithfulman »

Greenwhiteandgold wrote:No i dont think there ever too interested in intermediate by the looks of things even though theres pleanty of players there.. Fergus hannon, thomas spain, chris mcdonald, gerry spollen, paddy murphy, david egan, michael mulrooney, daryl kilroe. Kennedy is only a young lad still minor, and he dosent bother play with the minors.
Mcdonald, Spain, Spollen, Murphy, and Mick Mulrooney all on the panel as far as I know. as are a few more from intermediate clubs mckeogh and magner from ballinamere are anyway. Think they were well bet in a challenge by waterford last weekend, although they were missing the lads in with the seniors aswell as a few lads playing senior football, like Mcdonald
He is so bad in goal he needs the net in front of him.

joe bloggs
All Star

Post by joe bloggs »

Lambs and slaughter come to mind unfortunately.
Sullivan dropped? Yet was given man of the match in the tribune last week for the rynaghs v lusmagh match, scoring 1-4 from play!
'if your not part of the solution, your part of the problem' J. McClean

Greenwhiteandgold
Intermediate

I dont know what hes picking this panel off, but surely sullivan would be in the top 30 in the county. Probably not the most commited to the county scene, but still has far more hurling in him that the clearys, gerathy and lads like that who are over-rated altogether.

plain the maggot
Junior C
Club: drumcullen

Post by plain the maggot »

Greenwhiteandgold wrote:I dont know what hes picking this panel off, but surely sullivan would be in the top 30 in the county. Probably not the most commited to the county scene, but still has far more hurling in him that the clearys, gerathy and lads like that who are over-rated altogether.
i would have to agree if there was alike button there probally would be a lot of likes. there are too many over rated young lads in the county and at the end of the day none of them have anything to show for it...

old yellar
All Star

Post by old yellar »

Yes, but wasn't Sullivan " cautioned" about his behaviour when he was on the minor panel? Great talent is great but if lads aren't prepared to train and commit they are of zero use to the team.

Greenwhiteandgold
Intermediate

He didnt play minor for offaly in his last year at the start and came back on to the panel then, they put too much pressure on him at that age making him captain of the minors in his second last year. Hes playn good stuff for rynaghs at the minute so hes obviously commited to hurling at the minute.

sean1976
Junior B
Club: all

Post by sean1976 »

as the old cliche goes, "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard" Hard work includes being dedicated whilst you are off the training field i.e. dicipline with regards drink, diet to a lesser extent etc. i think this settles this arguement