Offaly u21 Hurling

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
townman
All Star

Re: Offaly u21 Hurling

Post by townman »

puzzled wrote:Anyone any idea of our lineup? We'll need Eanna Murphy, Tom Carroll and Kevin Connolly to use the bit of experience they've gained with the Seniors and the likes of Barry Harding, Sean Coughlan, David King (and a couple more I'm probably forgetting) to turn in big performances to give us a chance.

Anyway, best of luck to the lads, here's hoping!!
Kevin Connolly hasnt been with the panel for a few weeks now and Barry Harding refused to go in with them at the very start,so I dont think we'll be relying on their experience tonight,pity but if the interest isnt there we are better off with guys who want to wear the jersey!

Best of luck to all involved![/quote]

isn't Barry Harding in the states

Greenwhiteandgold
Intermediate

Post by Greenwhiteandgold »

Ya barry harding is in America thats why he didnt join the panel

tacmot
Senior

Post by tacmot »

Yep barry harding gone to the states, kevin connolly was dropped off the panel the same we he was dropped from the senior panel. I know he is very small and light to be with the seniors but cant see how the U21 management came to their decision. Sean gardiner, full back on the minor team, picked to play at corner forward. I doubt if he will line out there. 'Big smack' must be trying to bamboozle Dublin. :evil:

joe bloggs
All Star

Post by joe bloggs »

tacmot wrote:Yep barry harding gone to the states, kevin connolly was dropped off the panel the same we he was dropped from the senior panel. I know he is very small and light to be with the seniors but cant see how the U21 management came to their decision. Sean gardiner, full back on the minor team, picked to play at corner forward. I doubt if he will line out there. 'Big smack' must be trying to bamboozle Dublin. :evil:
I relly fear for this team. Crazy decision not to have connoly
'if your not part of the solution, your part of the problem' J. McClean

tacmot
Senior

Post by tacmot »

YEP he was carrying an injury from before the U21 final which didnt help his training, but to get dropped from the panel just when he was back to fitness was crazy by management. We hav 5/6 players from this years and last years very poor minor county panel on board tonite so that itself dosent look promising.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

love to see us pull of a win today but can't see it parnell park its a graveyard for offaly, but why we won't win is because who's over us and the players who are not
hurling or picked, we haven't move on from last years crap when stephen bryne and johnny cleary were over offaly under 21's joke :x

Greenwhiteandgold
Intermediate

Post by Greenwhiteandgold »

Kevin connolly not even on the panel.. :shock: I cannot believe that.. how did they come to make that decision.. granted he was injured for a while but he should at least be there on merit.. What is the team for tonight so can anyone tell me ???

keenonsport
Junior A

Post by keenonsport »

To the best of my knowledge team will line out as follows:

1. S. Corcoran
2.D Magner
3.S Coughlan
4.C McDonald
5.B Mulrooney
6.E Murphy
7.D Shortt
8.M Ryan
9.T Spain
10.S Cleary
11.G Conneelly
12.??? Possibly A Kelly ?
13.S Gardiner
14.A Hynes
15.T Carroll

uibhfhaili
County player

Post by uibhfhaili »

Offaly all over them so far 06 -02 after 20 mins.

uibhfhaili
County player

Post by uibhfhaili »

0-7 : 0-6 to Dublin ht

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

doing well so far lets hope they can turn it around and get to the final in the second half if we get a goal or two we can do it :wink:

bracknaghboy
All Star

Post by bracknaghboy »

cheers for the updates lads.......keep em coming.......sounds promising so hopefully no second half blowout.

llkj
All Star

Post by llkj »

20 points to 7. Dublin have scored 18 of last 19 pts. I think they are playing backs and forwards for 2nd half. Can't wait til Offaly get their chance to be forwards.
Last edited by llkj on Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

llkj
All Star

Post by llkj »

Finished 21-8.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

that leaves just the senior team now which will be gone on saturday night, fcuk sake we are as bad as laois now its sad and you would be pissed off :oops:
the players are not good enough maybe, but the county board should be ran out of offaly again this year we had nobody over our under 21's again this year
like last year. but when you look at the team if that was the team that was out tonight i am not suprise we were beaten bye 13 points to think we score only 2 points
in second half says it all :x