McManus to soldier on

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Offaly2010
All Star
Club: Gracefield

McManus to soldier on

Post by Offaly2010 »

McManus to soldier on

15 September 2010

Ciaran McManus will commit himself to the Offaly cause for a 16th season in 2011.

The 34-year-old Tubber clubman, who made his championship debut for the Faithful County against Louth in 1996, has revealed that Tom Cribbin's reappointment as manager was a critical factor in his decision to make himself available for selection once again next year.

"I'd think all the lads would be happy enough now. We all learned a bit this year," McManus said.

"We gradually got better in everything, in the way we played and everything else. Not playing the higher level matches earlier in the year and not being in a top division probably cost us against Down (in the All-Ireland qualifiers) in the experience side of things so other than that, it's been a small few steps up the ladder let's say."

He continued: "I've no intention of not playing (next year). It's always up to Tom. There's plenty happening at the moment so once I can keep in shape over the winter and look after myself and see how things are next year.

"I suppose I played better this year than I had for the last few years so that's a good sign. It's not going the other way anyway at the moment so that's good."

(taken from HS)

TRUEGAEL
Junior A

Re: McManus to soldier on

Post by TRUEGAEL »

I delighted the big man is staying aboard the faithful ship,hope the lads on this years panel take a leaf out his book when it comes to wearing the offaly jersey with a bit of passion and guts.....roll on big man

In the long grass
Senior

Post by In the long grass »

Great news, had a very solid year last year after a couple of ropey ones. A win in leinster would do wonders for this team...hopefully we get a good winter training under our belt and hit the ground runnin. Confidence will be higher than this year and you never know, a favourable draw and we cud go somewhere! :)

The Biff
All Star

Post by The Biff »

Great to hear this from Ciaran. Despite too many times when our Senior Football team may have under-performed, it was rarely/never down to this man. The committment he showed when his work had him based abroad should now be returned in his favour when he is available. There can be little doubt but that he still deserves his place based on recent performances.

And sure he must be about due to score another rare goal after a thundering 50 yard solo-run .... it's coming .... I can feel it in my waters :)
Peter Parker: I missed the part where that's MY problem.

naasmanxrhode
All Star

Post by naasmanxrhode »

Yes, Glad that he's staying another year, still a very fit man with alot to offer.
Be careful out their