Intermediate championship

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Georgio1
All Star

Intermediate championship

Post by Georgio1 »

Any Intermediate scores from the championship?

Doon Massive
All Star

Re: Intermediate championship

Post by Doon Massive »

Doon 1-21 Bracknagh 2-8.....something like that anyway!
Raheen 2-8 Shannonbridge 0-13.

Georgio1
All Star

Post by Georgio1 »

Clonbullogue beat Kilclonfert by 2 points, 11pts to 1-06. Looks like this group is turning into a real dogfight. Rynaghs play Kilclonfert next Saturday.
Reckon Kilclonfert & Clara will lose out in the group.

theman
All Star

Post by theman »

Shannonbridge will want to start upping their performances if they want to be in the business end of the championship. This group will prob come down to the last day. Clara wont advance so its betwwen the other 5 teams to claim the 4 places available.
In group 2 rhode and durrow have more or less qualified for the next round so its between Birr, Doon, Bracknagh and Ballyfore to claim other 2 spots. All 4 have a good chance of qaulifying in my opinion.
Twice we had the chance,but well get one more

bracknaghboy
All Star

Post by bracknaghboy »

Doon Massive wrote:Doon 1-21 Bracknagh 2-8.....something like that anyway!
Raheen 2-8 Shannonbridge 0-13.
Doon Massive I wasn't at it.....were we as bad as the score suggests, none of our lads seem to be playing well these days..... Its not looking good for us although I think the winners of ourselves and Birr thursday night will get the 4th spot. Can't see Ballyfore picking up any more points.

Thereorthereabouts
County player

Post by Thereorthereabouts »

Georgio1 wrote:Clonbullogue beat Kilclonfert by 2 points, 11pts to 1-06. Looks like this group is turning into a real dogfight. Rynaghs play Kilclonfert next Saturday.
Reckon Kilclonfert & Clara will lose out in the group.
I would say your right with Kilclonfert losing out. Shannonbridge to beat them in a play off after a tie on 3 points each.
The fight is won or lost far away from the witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road; long before I dance under those lights

theman
All Star

Post by theman »

If the two teams ended up on 3 points would the team with the better points difference go through?
Any toughts on who are the main contenders for the championship?

Thereorthereabouts
County player

Post by Thereorthereabouts »

theman wrote:If the two teams ended up on 3 points would the team with the better points difference go through?
Any toughts on who are the main contenders for the championship?
Yeah I was going on the basis Clara would pull out of the champ after the hiding they got over the weekend!!! :D

Raheen and St Rynaghs. If the quarter finals are 1st in group 1 plays 4th in group 2 (which I think they are) I would bet that all the teams in group 1 would beat all the teams in group 2 in the quarter finals.

Based on this my championship would go as follows:

Raheen v Birr ( Birr should beat Bracknagh)
St Rynaghs v Doon
Clonbollogue v Durrow
Shannonbridge v Rhode

Raheen v Clonbollogue
St Rynaghs v Shannonbridge

Raheen v St Rynaghs

Raheen based on form they have shown this year would have to be title favourites at the minute after beating both Rynaghs and Shannonbridge in champ and in League final also.

Clara to get relegated :cry:

Well that is what I kinda think, too early to be writing off anyone yet!! :P :P :P
The fight is won or lost far away from the witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road; long before I dance under those lights

offalyman
Senior

Post by offalyman »

on form you would have to say raheen are now favorites,but i heard the fell apart in the 2nd half last night against shannonbridge being out scored 8 points to 1-1 after going in leading 1-7 to 0-4 at the break,still they played 3 and won 3 and with only clara and kilclonfert to play there going to top the group.st.ryanaghs would be 2nd favs id say and i think if shannonbridge get out of the group the could be dangerous.in the other group id imagine rhode,durrow,doon and birr to go threw,but cant see any of these winning the title,well maybe rhode if they dont lose any players to the senior team

theman
All Star

Post by theman »

Think your spot on there thereorthereabouts. Raheen are unbeaten all year so far so they are rightly favourites. Would be worried about rynaghs tho. If their hurlers go well then i can see most dual players making that the priority and football 2nd. Maybe im wrong?
Hard to believe shannonbridge have only 1 point from a possible 6. Whats going on over that side of the county?

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

The man, just out of curiosity, what does "twice we had the chance but we'll get one more" refer to?. Excuse my ignorance if it's obvious to most club football observers.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Doon Massive
All Star

Post by Doon Massive »

Doon Massive I wasn't at it.....were we as bad as the score suggests, none of our lads seem to be playing well these days..... Its not looking good for us although I think the winners of ourselves and Birr thursday night will get the 4th spot. Can't see Ballyfore picking up any more points.
There was only ever one winner from early on, put it that way. Ye did get a few goals in the second half that kept it interesting.

theman
All Star

Post by theman »

Plain of the Herbs wrote:The man, just out of curiosity, what does "twice we had the chance but we'll get one more" refer to?. Excuse my ignorance if it's obvious to most club football observers.
It just refers to the two county finals our club threw away in the last decade and hoping we'll get one more chance.

bracknaghboy
All Star

Post by bracknaghboy »

Last night:

Clara 0-08 Raheen 5-14
Birr 0-13 Bracknagh 0-06
Durrow 2-08 Rhode 0-13 (minor shock here)

Thats us finished for the year. I'm starting to wonder if we'll beat Clara in the relegation game :cry:

offalyman08
All Star

Post by offalyman08 »

Surely Bracknagh will have to much for Clara? Raheen must be favourites now but knockout competition always throws up a surprise or two!