Offaly vs Down SFC Qualifier Rnd 3 - 17/07/2010

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
craig24
Junior C

Re: Offaly vs Down SFC Qualifier Rnd 3 - 17/07/2010

Post by craig24 »

1.Alan Mullhall

2.Stephen Lonergan
3.Shane Sullivan
4.James Keane

5.Paul Mc conway
6.Brian Darby
7.karol Slattery

8.Niall Smith
9.Pauric Sullivan

10.Sean ryan
11.Brian Connor
12.Graham Guilfoyle

13.Anton Sullivan
14.P.J Ward
15.niall mc namee

Dont ask me y i picked pj ward just cudnt tink of ny1else..... de way we shud play is have mc conway nd slattery to act as attacking half backs, Brian connor 3rd mid fielder pj ward centre half forward nd kick the ball in to the 2 man full forward line of sullivan nd mcnamee
Last edited by craig24 on Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offaly2010
All Star
Club: Gracefield

Post by Offaly2010 »

craig24 wrote:1.Alan Mullhall

2.Stephen Lonergan
3.Shane Sullivan
4.James Keane

5.Paul Mc conway
6.Brian Darby
7.karol Slattery

8.Alan Mcnamee
9.Pauric Sullivan

10.Sean ryan
11.Brian Connor
12.Graham Guilfoyle

13.Anton Sullivan
14.P.J Ward
15.niall mc namee
??
Explanation?? :?

craig24
Junior C

Post by craig24 »

Offaly2010 wrote:
craig24 wrote:1.Alan Mullhall

2.Stephen Lonergan
3.Shane Sullivan
4.James Keane

5.Paul Mc conway
6.Brian Darby
7.karol Slattery

8.Alan Mcnamee
9.Pauric Sullivan

10.Sean ryan
11.Brian Connor
12.Graham Guilfoyle

13.Anton Sullivan
14.P.J Ward
15.niall mc namee
??
Explanation?? :?
what??? so confusing bou dat team

Offaly2010
All Star

Post by Offaly2010 »

Whats 'so confusing' is you have posted 15 Offaly players without an explanation for it..?
Is it the team you would like to see against Down or Offaly's best 15 in your opinion?
Thats all I wanted to know...

craig24
Junior C

Post by craig24 »

Offaly2010 wrote:Whats 'so confusing' is you have posted 15 Offaly players without an explanation for it..?
Is it the team you would like to see against Down or Offaly's best 15 in your opinion?
Thats all I wanted to know...
ori well not d best d half forward line lacks experience i no but i suppose its team dat i wudnt mind seeing
wat u tink

Offaly2010
All Star

Post by Offaly2010 »

Don't think Darby is up to playing centre back at inter-county level. Same goes for Pauric Sullivan in midfield..he's not a natural midfielder. Alan Mc hasn't got the legs for 70 mins at this level anymore but not a bad sub to have.

Other than that it's not too bad I suppose.

craig24
Junior C

Post by craig24 »

Offaly2010 wrote:Don't think Darby is up to playing centre back at inter-county level. Same goes for Pauric Sullivan in midfield..he's not a natural midfielder. Alan Mc hasn't got the legs for 70 mins at this level anymore but not a bad sub to have.

Other than that it's not too bad I suppose.
mcmanus is to old he has to go...

the boys are not fit enough but if they get of o a good start dey cud cause an upset but wher is d supply gona cum from wen ya dnt have freetaker

niall mcnamee nd mcmanus to take frees

Offaly2010
All Star

Post by Offaly2010 »

Good to hear your opinion..
Welcome aboard by the way :wink:

McManus might be getting old but he is as good as anyone on the team.
Disagree with you about them being not fit enough..have seen them train regularly in Gracefield and they seem very fit to me.

craig24
Junior C

Post by craig24 »

Offaly2010 wrote:Good to hear your opinion..
Welcome aboard by the way :wink:

McManus might be getting old but he is as good as anyone on the team.
Disagree with you about them being not fit enough..have seen them train regularly in Gracefield and they seem very fit to me.
ye i no dat but hes 2 old nd he has to go nd let young lads have sum sort of a chance....

day hav every chacne of causing an upset 2moro is just a matter of how much dey want to win nt saying there bad im just saying dey cud do better hu nos mayb dey will win 2moro

Black Spot
Junior A

Post by Black Spot »

Lads i dont know abot Macmanus being to old he is fit and a real work horse we could do with him around midfeild today.
Im suprised at John Coughlan at full foward :o will be intresting to see if he comes out the feild to help Brian Connor and Richie Dalton mark the giants Rogers and King at midfeild .If he does i wonder will the natural midfeilder dan gordon follow him out if he does i think it could work in offalys favour by clogging it up at midfeild and leavin space for mac and Anton or casey and anton depending wich way we acyualy line out.
Hopfully the lads will be hungry for the dity ball and breaks and have the frees sorted wich Cribben says we have worked alot on latley.If we have them things checked we could ask questions of a very inconsistant Down team.

snowy
Junior C

Post by snowy »

on the team starting today there is at least 7 midfielders starting . most clubs have forwards, backs,goalkeeper,and midfielders. naturally midfielders play mid field. forwards play as forwards backs play as backs but not on this offaly team. we have backs trying to play as forwards . in the back line we have forwards trying to play as backs . its a pity the selectors and management didnt go and view some of the first two ruonds of ofsc .and learn the basics forwards are forwards backs are backs and midfielders are midfielders . there is plenty of real forwards real backs in the county please put thi jigsaw pieces only where they really fit then you will solve the puzzle

offalyman08
All Star

Post by offalyman08 »

Offaly were unlucky, you couldnt fault the effort which is half the battle!

Offaly2010
All Star

Post by Offaly2010 »

Just home lads and I'm amazed we are not in the draw for the 4th Round of the Qualifiers!
Should have had at least two more goals in the first half and should have tagged on a couple more points.
Every Offaly player from 1-15 gave absolutely everything over the 70 minutes and for that alone I am proud of them!

How easily did Offaly open up that Down defence in the first 15 minutes?? But the big difference was we didn't take our chances!

Just a point on Tom Cribbin..is he thick or what lads?
Why did he start Reynolds instead of Coughlan?
Brings on Alan McNamee and puts him midfield? :o
Him and Coughlan should have been thrown in to the edge of the square straight away!
2 minutes to go and he brings on David Egan??
What was the thinking behind that?
He was never going to make a difference corner forward in the last two minutes!

Anyway it just wan't to be lads,this is a young team and we will be back,believe me!

It's over to the hurlers now! :wink:

Phoenix
All Star

Post by Phoenix »

I am very proud of the Offaly display tonight!! It was great to see Offaly making great fetches in midfield (Connor and Coughlan) and driving forward at every opportunity. Anton O'Sullivan won so much dirty ball and covered every blade of grass!! Sean Ryan did well at half back when he came on!! Every one of the team / subs worked hard and left everything on the pitch. Mac Manus had a great game and I hope he can be persuaded to stick with it for years to come!!

Tom Cribbin deserves great credit for bringing through some promising young players.

Hocker
All Star

Post by Hocker »

Just back from OCP myself.... we definitely left it behind us...
Cannot understand for the life of me why John Reynolds is allowed wear an Offaly jersey, let alone represent us on the full forward line - not up to it at all at this level. Everybody else gave it their all, McManus played until his legs had nothing left in them, Brian Connor fielded some savage ball and Anton Sullivan covered every blade as was previously mentioned..Richie Dalton tried his best befoe bein called ashore just after half time but he showed to be very limited in the middle of the park and i cant understan why Cribbin didn't throw John Coughlan into the mix before he did....
Benny Coulter absolutely destroyed Scott Brady in the 2nd half, and it meant the winning of the game for the Down men!

Overall this is a very young team and we will definitely be better next campaign for our experiences this year....

Finally on the charges into the grounds tonight, 20Euro for the terrace was very steep... 25 for the stand was crazy! I was there last week and paid 20Euro for the stand to watch 2 matches... :roll: :roll: