Intermediate Round 2

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Hocker
All Star

Intermediate Round 2

Post by Hocker »

Shannonbridge 0-12 Kilclonfert 0-12
Doon 2-13 Durrow 2-18
Rhode 2-12 Bracknagh 1-8
Clonbullogue 2-9 V 1-6 Clara

Any other results lads?

Any notion that Shannonbridge or Doon being firm championship favourites have been now been distinguished....
Rhode look to be favourites at this stage.

The bridge were steeped to rescue a draw on Saturday evening, having led 11 points to 4 with 20 minutes to go Kilclonfert would have fancied themselves to finish the game off but we clawed our way back and a pointed free from Anthony Kelly with the last kick of the game saw us claim a share of the spoils.
Doon's challenge seems to be completely fooked altogether....

theman
All Star

Re: Intermediate Round 2

Post by theman »

Clonbullogue were poor against Clara but were missing 4 starters from Raheen game due to injury/emigration. Clara were even poorer,only scored 2 or 3 points from play and got a very lucky goal. Should be one of the favourites for relegation. Im amazed at Doon and Shannonbridge, very bad start for both. I wouldnt read to much though into these results. As soon as Offaly are knocked out of the Qulaifiers the business end of the championship will start. This will be when the real championship starts. Dont think Rhode are favourites. Granted they beat Doon but Bracknagh are very poor this year and were missing 2 or 3 Key players due to injury. Rhode will lose players as the championship progresses. Think all teams at the moment have a chance of getting to the quaters,bar maybe Clara.
Twice we had the chance,but well get one more

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Re: Intermediate Round 2

Post by Lone Shark »

Hocker wrote:
Any notion that Shannonbridge or Doon being firm championship favourites have been now been distinguished....
Rhode look to be favourites at this stage.
Rhode's difficulty will be keeping the full squad together and not having to promote too many you would imagine. I'd be slow to suggest that they're favourites yet - I'd say Rynaghs are probably in pole position right now.

I took in the first half of the Doon match at the weekend and if memory serves they led by one at half time, 1-8 to 0-10 - but whatever the scoreline was, they were flattered by it. Durrow had missed two great goal chances and Doon's goal was a horrendous error from the keeper. Brian Geraghty and Paul Kinnarney were excellent for Durrow and Doon had no answer for either of them.

It must not be forgotten here though that Jimmy Coughlan wasn't playing and he's a huge loss to a club like Doon. I'd still fancy them to pick up enough points to get into the knockout stages and if they can do things a little bit different in the back line they could still be contenders in a championship with no obvious front runner. They'll need a lot more from players like Dessie Egan and Niall Kelly though who were way below par yesterday.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.