Leinster Senior Hurling Offaly V Galway

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Re: Leinster Senior Hurling Offaly V Galway

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

Back to the ditch with you. Old Yellar was the unfortunate who was laughed at in a meeting when he made some valid suggestions on how to drag Offaly hurling up off the floor. I doubt the likes of you would be so constructive.
ditchhurler wrote:If i was you i'd be less concerned what Offaly do and more concerned what you are going to do with your summer once Laois knock ye out at the weekend. I think you will find Galway were second favourites for the All Ireland, current league champions and had beaten Kilkenny in Nowlan Park only a few short months ago.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

old yellar
All Star

Post by old yellar »

If i was you i'd be less concerned what Offaly do and more concerned what you are going to do with your summer once Laois knock ye out at the weekend. I think you will find Galway were second favourites for the All Ireland, current league champions and had beaten Kilkenny in Nowlan Park only a few short months ago.

ditchhurler
Junior C

And what odds were div 2 side antrim, the last team ye drew with at the end of normal time....! i love offaly hurling, but i love it better when i rise ye a little! the comment on the number of replies was just to stir it a little. everything is great now for another little while, but i think work needs to be done and i hope ye do.. as regards laois and us, well we ll struggle.. but then again we 10 lads off the senior panel in the u21 semi tommorrow night so what can ya do.. again well done on a massive performance form all involved. ps its great to see shaper finally putting 2 hands on the hurl picking the ball.. he ll know who i mean! :lol:

naasmanxrhode
All Star

Post by naasmanxrhode »

Would this be good news for the faithful?
Be careful out their

Offaly2010
All Star
Club: Gracefield

Post by Offaly2010 »

Hand injury leaves Canning doubtful for replay

23/06/2010
Galway forward Joe Canning is a major doubt for the Tribesmen's Leinster SHC semi-final replay against Offaly next Saturday, after picking up a hand injury in the drawn encounter last weekend.

Initial concerns that the Portuma clubman had broken a bone in his hand have been dispelled.

The Limerick IT student does, however, have severe bruising on his hand, with the Tribesmen facing an anxious wait on his availabilty.

Canning is one of a number of injury concerns for manager John McIntyre, with his brother Ollie also doubtful with a hamstring injury.

Damien Hayes is also in a race to be fit for the Portlaoise encounter after picking up a knee injury, while David Burke is nursing a shoulder knock.

However, there is good news for Portumna's Andy Smyth, who returns from suspension and is available to play.
(taken from breaking news.ie)

Offaly2010
All Star
Club: Gracefield

Post by Offaly2010 »

naasmanxrhode wrote:
Great news for the faithful,both Canning's,Hayes and Burke,four of their key players injured,brilliant news!
Up the Faithful!

GreatDayForTheParish
All Star

Post by GreatDayForTheParish »

naasmanxrhode wrote:
It would be if there was any chance of it being true.
This is becoming a feature of McIntyre's term with Galway, multiple injuries accuring before every game.
Bruising? Nothing in other words if that the best the Galway spin doctors can come out with.

Joe Canning is an absolute cast-iron starter for Galway on Saturday. End of.

Kemo Sabe
All Star

Post by Kemo Sabe »

old yeller .your from carlow, cant think of any bigger insult to give you than that .now fuck off to the carlow site ya clown .
great history hoping for a better future

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Kemo Sabe wrote:old yeller .your from carlow, cant think of any bigger insult to give you than that .now fuck off to the carlow site ya clown .
Seriously, if that's the level of debate you want resort to, then join the kids over on Hoganstand.
Old Yellar's opinion is as valid as anyone else's.
I didn't quite agree with his recent post, but I can see where he is coming from.

What has being from Carlow or anywhere else got to with it?
Is there some sort of hierarchy of opinion value.
Someone from Kilkenny's opinion on hurling is worth more than someone from Offaly's etc.

uibhfhailiabu
County player

Post by uibhfhailiabu »

GreatDayForTheParish wrote:
naasmanxrhode wrote:
It would be if there was any chance of it being true.
This is becoming a feature of McIntyre's term with Galway, multiple injuries accuring before every game.
Bruising? Nothing in other words if that the best the Galway spin doctors can come out with.

Joe Canning is an absolute cast-iron starter for Galway on Saturday. End of.
Exactly GDFTP, as you say, Joe Canning is a cast-iron starter. It is actually becoming fairly annoying to read of reports early in the week before a galway game and see they have a list of "injuries", usually stretching to double figures! I wouldnt believe a bit of this, and would be hugely surpised if any of these four were unable to start on saturday evening in Portlaoise.
Keep The Faith

Kemo Sabe
All Star

Post by Kemo Sabe »

Bord na Mona man wrote:
Kemo Sabe wrote:old yeller .your from carlow, cant think of any bigger insult to give you than that .now fuck off to the carlow site ya clown .
Seriously, if that's the level of debate you want resort to, then join the kids over on Hoganstand.
Old Yellar's opinion is as valid as anyone else's.
I didn't quite agree with his recent post, but I can see where he is coming from.

What has being from Carlow or anywhere else got to with it?
Is there some sort of hierarchy of opinion value.
Someone from Kilkenny's opinion on hurling is worth more than someone from Offaly's etc.
seeing as this is an OFFALY site what business has he got coming on here trying to take from a very good performance sunday .by ther way to you think you have a say in what people post .il say what i want to whoever i want .
great history hoping for a better future

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Kemo Sabe wrote:seeing as this is an OFFALY site what business has he got coming on here trying to take from a very good performance sunday .
Personally I'd like to hear the opinions of someone from outside of Offaly who has been involved with Offaly GAA for years and may be able to shed a neutral view on matters.
Kemo Sabe wrote:by ther way to you think you have a say in what people post .il say what i want to whoever i want .
The irony being that a few minutes ago, you were telling someone not to post here.
You couldn't make it up! :lol:

old yellar
All Star

Post by old yellar »

kemo, thanks for the comment.. i love offaly hurling, have followed them since i can rem. have a pic from 81 taken with the cup over in killurin in my relations and have had the pleasure to have worked with about 8/10 of the squad at underage and other levels in offaly. i feel i ve as much right to comment on the hurling, it is an open forum after all. you are more than welcome on the carlow site, but i doubt u would know much about the hurling down here. i also notice u didnt make one comment on the u21 or minor threads, seems your selective with when u contribute yourself.. is there a bandwagon near ya?! u also mentioned another site, and yes i contribute to it, fairplay for you to notice. i didnt see too many replies on it except my own, when an offaly contributor stated that the mangement and players brought shame on their county jersey.. not going to say much about your comment about carlow, i think if you look at the head to heads across all grades in both codes in recent years, we d be neck and neck. i m sure it took u a good while to come up with such a witty retort, and fairplay to you for it...
i wont comment further on the game, canning will be a big loss to galway if it true, but like i said previous, kenny has always marked him well anytime hes hurled him..

bracknaghboy
All Star

Post by bracknaghboy »

Yellar made an excellant point earlier on when he suggested the draw may have papered over the cracks. Of course nothing has changed other than our seniors put on a fine show for 73 minutes last week. The cracks are still well and truely there........our underage hurling teams are in a very poor state and the county board seem helpless or is hopeless to do anything about it. Club hurling is getting weaker in my opinion as demonstrated by Brosna Gaels rise up the ranks (I fully support BG and think they have done a fantastic job but they may not have made this jump up 10-15 yrs ago). Hurling in the east of the county is all but gone and I suspect the county board will do nothing to try and nurture hurling in the BG area.

Yellar I've worked in and been involved in GAA in both Waterford and Carlow and know how passionate the Carlow lads are for the small ball. I still know lads involved on the current senior team and would love to see them topple Leix saturday night and best of luck to the u-21's against Wexford tonght.

As for Joe Cannings injury..........well I'd say theres more chance of me lining out for Offaly saturday night than there is of Canning not being on the starting Galway 15 :lol: