Offaly vs. Meath - Leinster MFC

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Re: Offaly vs. Meath - Leinster MFC

Post by Bord na Mona man »

ballinamereman1 wrote:whats going on here men.. last friday night i started this forum as there was no talk about the match on here. i was at the match myself and was it any suprise to see low offaly support no it wasnt. but what makes it hard for me to stomach is people didnt comment on them before the game but when the win low and behold everyone has their say.. im not slaten people here and we all should give the lads praise as they beat a well trained and fancied meath team.. but could we see a bit more disgusting on these website about the lads in future and before the match aswell
If you aren't happy enough with the amount of discussion that other people are engaging in, then feel free to post some opinions yourself.
Its not as if you're being charged by the word or anything!

ballinamereman1
County player

Post by ballinamereman1 »

Bord na Mona man wrote:
ballinamereman1 wrote:whats going on here men.. last friday night i started this forum as there was no talk about the match on here. i was at the match myself and was it any suprise to see low offaly support no it wasnt. but what makes it hard for me to stomach is people didnt comment on them before the game but when the win low and behold everyone has their say.. im not slaten people here and we all should give the lads praise as they beat a well trained and fancied meath team.. but could we see a bit more disgusting on these website about the lads in future and before the match aswell
If you aren't happy enough with the amount of discussion that other people are engaging in, then feel free to post some opinions yourself.
Its not as if you're being charged by the word or anything!
i hadnt a chance to look at the website as i was working.. but as soon as i got on the website late on friday i must add less than 24 hours away from the match there was not a bit of chat on this website about it.. although i have gathered most men on this are from hurling clubs and i wouldnt reallly expect ye to know that much about the minors.. but what annoys me is when the minors won everyone jumped on the bandwagging and had their say about the match even though many werent there.. so i dont know how you could judge players when you dont see them play.. this isnt just about the minor match this has been going some time now and im sick of it..

so i would like to invite all offalymen women and children to come along to o connor park for the semi..
the reason i extend the invite is maybe people might go now because of the invite although i doubt it..

i

The Biff
All Star

Post by The Biff »

Will ye get your effin' High Horse before you make a fool of yourself! Who says there are minimum standards of attendance in order to call yourself an Offaly fan? You know nothing about the circumstances of most of the other members of this Forum. There are any number of valid reasons why anyone can choose whether they want to go every match or none. Some of us might have families that we like to spend time with too.
Some of us might be training teams or playing at the same time as these matches.
Some might not be able to rub two farthings together to afford the ridiculous prices asked of to go watch our Amateur teams.
Some might just not have the means to travel.
Some might be on the other side of the world.
Some might just not be bothered (fair enough - it's a free country).

There was a time when I was privileged to be able to go to most Offaly games. That time has gone for me. I dont lament its passing, I have other passions now too. But I will not accept anyone who says I'm a lesser Offaly fan if I cant make every match of multiple grades now.

That's my opinion. You are free to voice your own. I am free to disagree with you.
------------------
(Edit)
p.s. where's that link to the "Falling Down" movie clip again? It's getting more appropriate for me every day.
Peter Parker: I missed the part where that's MY problem.

uibhfhailiabu
County player

Post by uibhfhailiabu »

The Biff wrote:Will ye get your effin' High Horse before you make a fool of yourself! Who says there are minimum standards of attendance in order to call yourself an Offaly fan? You know nothing about the circumstances of most of the other members of this Forum. There are any number of valid reasons why anyone can choose whether they want to go every match or none. Some of us might have families that we like to spend time with too.
Some of us might be training teams or playing at the same time as these matches.
Some might not be able to rub two farthings together to afford the ridiculous prices asked of to go watch our Amateur teams.
Some might just not have the means to travel.
Some might be on the other side of the world.
Some might just not be bothered (fair enough - it's a free country).

There was a time when I was privileged to be able to go to most Offaly games. That time has gone for me. I dont lament its passing, I have other passions now too. But I will not accept anyone who says I'm a lesser Offaly fan if I cant make every match of multiple grades now.

That's my opinion. You are free to voice your own. I am free to disagree with you.
------------------
(Edit)
p.s. where's that link to the "Falling Down" movie clip again? It's getting more appropriate for me every day.
I agree wholeheartedly with the Biff. It is very difficult for people to try and make every match because of family commitments, travel arrangements and money etc. I think now Ballinamereman1 you are talking complete and utter nonsense! People writing their congratulations to the team on a good comeback, on a good result etc... Now what's wrong with that? You said that everyone was coming on having their say as soon as the team win but after reading through the comments, I have noticed not one person that commented and wasn't at the game, criticised or "had their say" on the team, they only had a short post of congratulations and asked who played well or when the semi-final. LS was the only one who gave a report on the game becuase he was at it.

Now fair play to you for travelling to it but as The Biff says get down of your high horse and stop criticising people for congratulating the team on a great win!
Keep The Faith